2021-2022 Howard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does Howard accept pre II letters of interest? Submitted my secondary months ago :( and crickets

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
190 II spots left. they said they are trying to interview 380 and they are only halfway
Praying so hard I am one of those 190 II spots. I thankfully (after a long bumpy pre-med journey) am accepted somewhere, but some circumstances have changed with a recent severe illness in the family so being closer to home while studying for medical school would be more ideal and Howard would be the closest to this family member.

I hope we all hear positive news soon!

• Care
Reactions: 12 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Secondary received: 1/4/2022
Reviewed email received today.
Randomly decided to apply at the last minute. That’s why it’s so late. 😭

Reactions: 3 users
So they interview people with lower stats later this semester? I have a 3.7 GPA and 500 MCAT (I know, terrible lol), but I really hope I'm one of the 380 interviews, I submitted my secondary in November!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
So they interview people with lower stats later this semester? I have a 3.7 GPA and 500 MCAT (I know, terrible lol), but I really hope I'm one of the 380 interviews, I submitted my secondary in November!
also low mcat, and I submitted secondary in August. I'm also a re applicant. I hope they send us II soon

Reactions: 1 users
Just sent an update! Wishing for the best. I hope we all hear some good news soon!

Reactions: 4 users
Does Howard accept pre II letters of interest? Submitted my secondary months ago :( and crickets
Yes, if you have something meaningful to update them with, utilize it! And make sure to end you're update with a reason why its relevant and why Howard

have you gotten any other II? I'm currently at none :/
don't give up. there's still time for Howard and a few other schools. And if you really want this, don't fret. a lot of people in medical schools across the US are reapplicants

• Care
same. I feel like giving up on this dream :(.
Don’t. Simply don’t. I took two gap years before applying. Have a low GPA and avg MCAT and have been successful. Just keep getting better and it will fall into place keep the faith.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
don't give up. there's still time for Howard and a few other schools. And if you really want this, don't fret. a lot of people in medical schools across the US are reapplicants
This is my second app cycle so it’s pretty tough :(

• Care
Has anyone been able to contact the admissions committee? I sent an email weeks ago and no received email and I’ve tried calling no answer.

Interview invite yesterday !! Submitted secondary mid October..

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
those that got accepted last friday, what time did you get an email? lol

• Haha
I just got the email. I got the A!!!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 16 users
Is anyone else having issues with the EPay system? I need help.

Any of y’all know if Howard emails you if you were rejected or waitlisted after an interview? Had my interview 1/19 no response yet, and I’m thinking it’s just a ghost rejection, what y’all think?

Any of y’all know if Howard emails you if you were rejected or waitlisted after an interview? Had my interview 1/19 no response yet, and I’m thinking it’s just a ghost rejection, what y’all think?
Nah. Give it some time**they'll let you know either way

Last edited:
I have still heard absolutely nothing after my secondary submission except that my application is currently under review lol

• Care
I have still heard absolutely nothing after my secondary submission except that my application is currently under review lol
same. sadly this is how it was last year until the R wave in April or May.

Anyone hear anything back from 1/18 or 1/19 interviews

In my interview they said there will be another round of decisions going out this Friday

Anyone know how many interviews are left?

Has anyone with a sub 500 MCAT received an II here yet?

Hello Everyone,
Does anyone know if Howard College of Medicine accepts update letters?