2021-2022 Cincinnati

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone know if there is a page or Facebook group for accepted applicants?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got an II from here, but withdrew as I got into a school that fits my needs better. Hope it goes to one of you guys soon!

Reactions: 8 users
Did you get that II today?
No sometime last week. To be frank their whole "you have 5 days to respond to this interview or else." And "we picked a day to interview you next week you can reschedule but may get rejected" mindset really put me off.

Reactions: 2 users
Officially decided to attend UCCOM next fall! See y’all on campus then

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
Any current UC med students able to answer a few questions?

Does everyone who interviews/attends the Diversity First Look Event get some goodies in the mail? I don't want to get my hopes up (waiting to hear back soon). Happy belated Thanksgiving to those who celebrate!

Last edited:
Does everyone who interviews/attends the First Look Event get some goodies in the mail? I don't want to get my hopes up (waiting to hear back soon). Happy belated Thanksgiving to those who celebrate!
Speaking of First Look has anyone heard when it is? Also, best of luck to those still waiting!

Members don't see this ad :)
Questions for those who have already interviewed:
  • Do you actually have to clear your entire browser history and cache? Can you do the MMI in an incognito browser?
  • Do you have to allow popups from all sites, or can you just add the med one stop status website to the list of allowed sites?
  • Is the format 2 mins to think and 6 mins to answer? Or is the time variable for each question?
  • Are there only ethical questions or do they do actor scenarios and application questions as well?

As for the incognito browser, try it out with the test. As long as you can connect with Microsoft teams, you should be good. There’s a 15 minute “pre-check” to make sure everything is good before you start.

As long as pop ups work for Teams, you’re good. Each new interview round has its own pop up.

You get 3 minutes to read the prompt and 8 minutes to connect to the meeting and respond. They allotted 2 extra minutes per round to account for technical errors, but you may use the full amount to discuss.

We can’t share the prompts. I would advise you to prep for all possible questions.

Reactions: 1 user
Got the call for an A!!! Interviewed first week of November and am OOS

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Got the call for an A!!! HOLY ****!!!! Interviewed last week of October.

• Love
Also got the call today! Interviewed the last week of October!

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Congrats to everyone getting their acceptances!!!!! Also I love how the thread is collectively not saying "A" or "Acceptance" and instead saying "got the call" like this is Ghostbusters lol

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Just got placed on the alt list, booo!!! Interviewed 11/5. Congrats to those accepted!!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Got the call last night! Good luck everyone!!!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
II 10 min ago! Scheduled for 12/8 interview, Rescheduled to a later date tho. Rescheduling availability is through January
Complete 10/8, OOS, zero ties.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
Can anyone comment on how receptive UCCOM is to love update letters?

Anyone else who interviewed get distracted by that tour video that had the instrumental version of Genghis Khan on in the background? Lol I was treating it like karaoke 😆

Can anyone comment on how receptive UCCOM is to love update letters?
They are receptive to *update* letters, but it needs to be something significant, such as new research, clinical volunteering/work, courses, etc. If you are providing status updates about things already in your primary and secondary or expressing continued interest, it won’t help.

Reactions: 2 users
OOS II received but withdrew app. Best of luck to everyone else, hope it goes to one of y'all!

• Care
Anyone know if exams at UCCOM are NBME?

Anyone know if exams at UCCOM are NBME?
Adding to what @chemgirl97 said, M1 weeklies (1st semester) and biweeklies (2nd semester) are in-house. M2 biweeklies are also in-house. End-of-block exams for M1 and M2 are NBME.

Just got the call! Spent the first minute of the phone call cussing out the second year who called me cuz I didn't believe it lmao

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users
Got the call for an A this evening!! 🥳Interviewed 11/12

• Love
Got the A today!! Interviewed 11/19 and so so thrilled and grateful.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 10 users
Got a call with the A earlier this evening, doesn’t feel real! Interviewed 11/19 - this is my second cycle applying and I am over the moon.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 12 users
Just received an II!! In-state and complete 7/21

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
II about 2 hours ago! First one of the cycle!! OOS, LM 70

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
OOS II a few minutes ago, but withdrawing my application! I hope one of y’all gets it!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users