2021-2022 Brown (Alpert)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was complete on 7/2 and haven’t heard back either way so I guess there’s still a few to review
Also complete 7/2 and haven’t heard anything

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Complete 8/16 and nothing yet... my time is near 😩

Members don't see this ad :)
Definitely random. I applied last cycle 8/14/20 and rejected 1/20/21. Applied this cycle 7/29 and still nothing yet.

Reactions: 1 user
I applied 7/21 and haven't heard anything yet... I wonder if there's hope

Reactions: 2 users
+1 on the pre-II R train here yesterday too, complete 7/1
Wow. Sorry to hear it, but you have 2As already, so I guess it must not sting so bad. I am absolutely certain though that in your case (with an LM of 85!) it is resource-protection from Brown.

Well, today is the day for those who have interviewed up to 10/28. Good luck to everyone!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Complete 7/1 and still haven't heard anything 😬🙏

Reactions: 3 users
Well, today is the day for those who have interviewed up to 10/28. Good luck to everyone!
Just remember everyone, they said they only accept 1/3 today when eventually 2/3 will be accepted. If you hear nothing back today, it has no effect on your chances at Brown going forwards and should not affect your self worth. You are more than day 1 brown hear-back-ers.

• Care
I've been anxiously refreshing my inbox more than I care to admit lol. But it's true what the previous poster said about only 1/3 being accepted today. Still, would be nice... Best of luck to everyone!

What does it mean if we’ve been complete here since early July and avoided last week’s pre-II rejections?

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been anxiously refreshing my inbox more than I care to admit lol. But it's true what the previous poster said about only 1/3 being accepted today. Still, would be nice... Best of luck to everyone!
If last year's thread is any indication, we'll receive word around 1PM ET!

Just remember everyone, they said they only accept 1/3 today when eventually 2/3 will be accepted. If you hear nothing back today, it has no effect on your chances at Brown going forwards and should not affect your self worth. You are more than day 1 brown hear-back-ers.
^^ very important point.

If I understood correctly, we will hear back something today though, even if it's not an A, correct? Like we will hear if we are a definite A, definite R, WL, on hold, or still being considered in some way?

If I understood correctly, we will hear back something today though, even if it's not an A, correct? Like we will hear if we are a definite A, definite R, WL, on hold, or still being considered in some way?
That is what I understood from what admissions told us during interview day

That is what I understood from what admissions told us during interview day
Same here. I think they said everyone will hear an update but to bear in mind they can't guarantee it will be today, thats just their target date.

ahh i just got the A via email! interviewed 9/17, wishing everyone luck!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Just got an A via email:) happy to chat about the school to anyone! Good luck to everyone 🙏🏼

• Love
Decisions are out! A, ahhh, so excited. Wishing everyone the best of luck

• Love
Waitlist just now. Congrats to the Acceptances!!

• Care
Waitlist. Interviewed early October. Congrats to those accepted, and best of luck all!

• Care
Got the A a bit ago!! Still in shock. Interviewed late September.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
I may be missing something, but there isn't a place to deposit after accepting offer... right?
Got the A as well! They say in the portal they dont require a deposit.

Interviewed mid October and heard nothing back, @brown_skin_girl is that date accurate? Thanks!
I was told on interview day that all those who interviewed up until 10/28 would get an update by today.
Interviewed the week before and heard back today. I was told we would hear back 11/08 on my interview date. No idea about 10/28 folks!

Are the interviews here open file or closed file?

To anyone who interviewed here already, what was the general format and vibe of the interview? Was it very high stress?

To anyone who interviewed here already, what was the general format and vibe of the interview? Was it very high stress?
Two, 30 minute open-file interviews. Very low stress. More conversational if anything!

• Love
Have they been sending out interview invites this week at all? I’m just wondering what the earliest date is for interviews for those with II

Reactions: 6 users
Does Brown accept thank you letters after your Interview?

II today! OOS 7/22 complete.

• Love
A!!! But apparently they have a third of their class coming through from Brown undergrads so everything is very cliquey. There's no shared resource google drive like at other schools and students seem somewhat stingy with sharing resources /: take that for what it's worth I guess

• Love
  • Dislike
A!!! But apparently they have a third of their class coming through from Brown undergrads so everything is very cliquey. There's no shared resource google drive like at other schools and students seem somewhat stingy with sharing resources /: take that for what it's worth I guess
First year here. A third or so do come from the PLME program but there is a shared google drive. Not sure where you got that info from.

There’s Anki decks and hundred slide ppt question banks for each block. Curriculum is PF with no ranking so there’s literally no incentive to be “stingy” with resources

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know when the next round of acceptances go out? For those of us who got waitlisted in November, will we have a chance at getting accepted during that time or do we have to wait until all acceptances go out to come off the waitlist?

Anyone know how long the interview day is and when it starts? I'm trying to schedule the date around my work times. Thanks

Anyone know how long the interview day is and when it starts? I'm trying to schedule the date around my work times. Thanks
Mine went from 9:45am EST to ~5pm EST. Best of luck on the interview!

Reactions: 3 users