2020-2021 Western Michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got a waitlist email. II on Feb 12th. Not the news I wanted but, better than a rejection I suppose. Good luck everybody.
Same here. So disappointing especially because my interview well so well šŸ˜ž hoping for better news soon

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Got the call ten minutes ago! Interviewed on 2/12

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Just got the acceptance call from Jean! After having WMed as my only interview last year, getting the rejection email, and shedding tears at work (lmao), I say weā€™ve come a long way šŸ¤šŸ¤

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted, WMed has been my top choice since the beginning, so I am pretty bummed.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
For the phone call, do you get a call from unknown or from a certain zip code? Thank you!

in the photo to be submitted through the pre-interview survey, do i have to wear a suit? i don't have pictures of myself in a suit and it says professional attire is expected so i was just wondering. thanks in advance!!

in the photo to be submitted through the pre-interview survey, do i have to wear a suit? i don't have pictures of myself in a suit and it says professional attire is expected so i was just wondering. thanks in advance!!
i wore my suit but just took a portrait photo on my phone with a blank background.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know when financial aid packages will come out?

With today being the last interview day, what about those of us who still haven't heard anything? I had my phone interview Sep 24th yet haven't heard anything after that despite sending an update letter...

Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted! Interviewed 2/26
+1
sad don't forget GIF by Hide The Pain Harold

Accepted today after being waitlisted in December!

With today being the last interview day, what about those of us who still haven't heard anything? I had my phone interview Sep 24th yet haven't heard anything after that despite sending an update letter...
finally got the R after an unnecessarily long wait (6 months since phone interview) ... rip

• Care
Congrats!!! Did you send any letter of interest/intent or updates?
Thank you! I did not send any letters/updates after my interview. So definitively don't give up hope if you're on the WL!

Just withdrew my A today. I hope it goes to one of you on the waitlist!

Reactions: 7 users
Iā€™m reading way too much into the email response I got to my LOI. ā€œThank you for you continued strong interest, [name]!ā€ An exclamation point just for me?? Lol

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Iā€™m reading way too much into the email response I got to my LOI. ā€œThank you for you continued strong interest, [name]!ā€ An exclamation point just for me?? Lol
Lol I thought the total opposite. This cycle has been DEMORALIZING.

Well all my messages aged nicely. A like 22 minutes ago. Had to gather myself and make some calls first.

Edit: I was initially waitlisted in January

Last edited:
  • Love
A! Of course I missed the call šŸ™„ but she left a really nice message

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
A just now after being on the WL for 5 months!! First A and ecstatic is an understatement

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Happy for y'all but ngl so sad I didn't get the A today :cryi:

• Care
I don't fully understand match info so could someone possibly comment on if the match was good at WMed this year:)

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
I don't fully understand match info so could someone possibly comment on if the match was good at WMed this year:)
Second this! I LOVE this school and their schedule and program and everything so much, but I've been accepted to some more established schools that I know for sure match really well. I'm having a lot of trouble deciding between here and one other school. Do I take the risk?

Current students - what do you think? What made you choose WMed, especially if you had more than one acceptance? I have no idea what to do lol

Overall a decent match list. First Iā€™ll mention that unfortunately we had one person not match for the first time. To keep it as anonymous as possible Iā€™ll just say they were applying to a competitive field such as uro, ophtho, derm etc. We also had a few more SOAP matches which was a bit unexpected, it seemed to primarily affect EM for whatever reason. This could be a one off thing due to the weird interview season this past cycle. Now onto some highlights, we had people match uro and plastics for the first time! We had another derm match. We had people match at awesome places like U of M, Duke, UNC, Mayo Clinic, Cleveland clinic, and UCSF (East bay), and many other awesome programs. A few people match into programs in LA, SD, Davis, and the Bay Area (important for all the Cali people wanting to head back).
Im very excited for next yearā€™s match! For one, Iā€™ll be hopefully matching into my desired specialty. We will also have some people applying ENT for the first time so it will be exciting to see how they do!

Overall a decent match list. First Iā€™ll mention that unfortunately we had one person not match for the first time. To keep it as anonymous as possible Iā€™ll just say they were applying to a competitive field such as uro, ophtho, derm etc. We also had a few more SOAP matches which was a bit unexpected, it seemed to primarily affect EM for whatever reason. This could be a one off thing due to the weird interview season this past cycle. Now onto some highlights, we had people match uro and plastics for the first time! We had another derm match. We had people match at awesome places like U of M, Duke, UNC, Mayo Clinic, Cleveland clinic, and UCSF (East bay), and many other awesome programs. A few people match into programs in LA, SD, Davis, and the Bay Area (important for all the Cali people wanting to head back).
Im very excited for next yearā€™s match! For one, Iā€™ll be hopefully matching into my desired specialty. We will also have some people applying ENT for the first time so it will be exciting to see how they do!
Thank you for the info! I had another question for a current student: Where do most preclinical students live and do they usually live alone or with a roommate?

Thank you for the info! I had another question for a current student: Where do most preclinical students live and do they usually live alone or with a roommate?
It's hard to say, but if i had to guess I think 60% of the class either has a roommate or live with their SO/family and the other 40% live alone. It might be 2/3 roommate 1/3 alone for M1 year. I could be totally off though. I started off with a roommate and then chose to live solo.

It's hard to say, but if i had to guess I think 60% of the class either has a roommate or live with their SO/family and the other 40% live alone. It might be 2/3 roommate 1/3 alone for M1 year. I could be totally off though. I started off with a roommate and then chose to live solo.
How much is rent for solo and roommate?