2020-2021 University of Cincinnati

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
has anyone received confirmation that they received your UC financial aid app and/or fafsa?

has anyone received confirmation that they received your UC financial aid app and/or fafsa?
If you login to medstop and look at the checklist, you should have a check mark next to all the parts they received

Members don't see this ad :)
Does a parking ticket count as a “civil offense?”

edit: according to UCCOM, it does

Last edited:
Has anyone heard back or received a II after uploading an update/letter to the portal?

Also does anyone get a google chrome privacy error when going to https://www.medonestop.uc.edu/ ?? it won't let me in

"

Your connection is not private​

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.medonestop.uc.edu (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more

NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID"

Are you typing it in/accessing it from a bookmark, or are you clicking the link from the email they sent you?

I don't get that exact error, but I also get a funky error page if I try to access it in any way except by clicking that email link.

Reactions: 1 user
I saw a few people who interviewed the week of 2/8-2/12 reporting acceptances recently (congratulations to you all!). I interviewed on 2/12 and haven’t heard anything yet. Do y’all think it’s possible the committee just hasn’t reached a decision on my app, or is this indicative of a WL/R?
I also have not heard and interviewed 2/12. My fingers are crossed for the both of us!

Members don't see this ad :)
I saw a few people who interviewed the week of 2/8-2/12 reporting acceptances recently (congratulations to you all!). I interviewed on 2/12 and haven’t heard anything yet. Do y’all think it’s possible the committee just hasn’t reached a decision on my app, or is this indicative of a WL/R?
From my observation, this school seems to be give out (call) all acceptances for a particular range of dates on a particular day. WL follow a day or two after so I would mentally prepare for either a WL or R.

But you never know. Rooting for you all.

Reactions: 1 users
I don’t think I heard from 2/12 getting an A here on SDN though. Looks like they’ve been making acceptance calls every other Monday otherwise.

Still hoping for an II...below their average MCAT but I have strong ties to this school. It may take a miracle but its not over yet!

Reactions: 5 users
Ok so I’m so confused. Admissions says that invites are being extended until early March, but someone says the director said they’re going thru the end of April with interviews. Anyone else really confused?

Ok so I’m so confused. Admissions says that invites are being extended until early March, but someone says the director said they’re going thru the end of April with interviews. Anyone else really confused?
Maybe the interviews themselves are going until April but the invites will be done being sent to applicants by early march? Just a guess

I don’t think I heard from 2/12 getting an A here on SDN though. Looks like they’ve been making acceptance calls every other Monday otherwise.
I interviewed during the same week (2/9) and got the call this week

Are you typing it in/accessing it from a bookmark, or are you clicking the link from the email they sent you?

I don't get that exact error, but I also get a funky error page if I try to access it in any way except by clicking that email link.
their emailed links but I realized it just reconnects to the page where you find the status at

I’m loving this quick turnaround.

Reactions: 2 users
Does UC’s MMI have an acting station? I’m the most nervous for that for some reason

Does UC’s MMI have an acting station? I’m the most nervous for that for some reason
They did for me. It was one acting station. It wasn’t so bad and the person doing the acting was also the interviewer.

Are they still sending out interviews or are they done?

Interviewed today and just want to say they put a lot of effort into their virtual interview. I was so nervous but it was honestly great and the acting station was kind of fun lol. You get a strong sense that you’re valued even as an applicant and they make sure to remind you that there’s a reason why you’re here, which I really appreciated. I’m not holding my breath but I would be incredibly blessed to attend medical school here. Good luck to all those who interviewed, waiting on decisions, or waiting for an II!

Question: does anyone know if they allow multiple uploads to the portal? Was planning to upload a thank you letter and a letter of interest, but wasn’t sure if I needed to do it as one file or separate ones.

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 2 users
Interviewed today and just want to say they put a lot of effort into their virtual interview. I was so nervous but it was honestly great and the acting station was kind of fun lol. You get a strong sense that you’re valued even as an applicant and they make sure to remind you that there’s a reason why you’re here, which I really appreciated. I’m not holding my breath but I would be incredibly blessed to attend medical school here. Good luck to all those who interviewed, waiting on decisions, or waiting for an II!

Question: does anyone know if they allow multiple uploads to the portal? Was planning to upload a thank you letter and a letter of interest, but wasn’t sure if I needed to do it as one file or separate ones.
They allow multiple uploads! So you can upload as separate files without a problem.

Agreed, I was really impressed with how smoothly everything went! Keeping fingers crossed for both of us, lol

• Care
Is something supposed to happen after the system check? How do I know if it was successful?

Is something supposed to happen after the system check? How do I know if it was successful?
nothing happened for me, i worried whether or not i completed it. just make sure you checked all of the boxes and you should be good

The page won't change after you complete the final check, but as long as you did it, you'll be fine.

I wish it gave an error if it didn’t work :/

It’s interview day! Wish me luck and good luck to you all who are also interviewing with me today

• Care
Reactions: 12 users
I was sweating through my suit 💀

• Wow
  • Care
Reactions: 3 users
Any current/former UC medcats that I could message for some insight? I'm between schools right now and need some details, thanks in advance! :D

Has anyone received merit aid? In one of the second look events I thought they said they would start rolling them out in late February.