2020-2021 University of Cincinnati

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Recently received the 'A' and very excited about the offer! Would love a current student to comment on the available options for living nearby UCCOM (walk or short drive) and in particular, the overall safety of these areas. Also, any word on the continuation of P/F and no ranking for M1 & M2's going forward? Thanks!

Reactions: 6 users
Anyone else waiting for their FB request to be approved lol, it's been more than a few days even though I see the members increasing

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anybody know why mac is not allowed for the interview?
At my interview, they said when they wrote the interview instructions early in the season, people on macs where having issues, so that’s why the instructions are so adamant against macs. They have since then figured out ways around it. I only had a Mac, so I reached out to admissions, and they gave me extra instructions to make it work. I used the Mac for the full MMI and had no problem at all, everything ran butter smooth. I encourage you to talk to admissions too if you are worried!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
At my interview, they said when they wrote the interview instructions early in the season, people on macs where having issues, so that’s why the instructions are so adamant against macs. They have since then figured out ways around it. I only had a Mac, so I reached out to admissions, and they gave me extra instructions to make it work. I used the Mac for the full MMI and had no problem at all, everything ran butter smooth. I encourage you to talk to admissions too if you are worried!
Did you call the office or email?

The Mac works. At my interview, my Windows wasn’t working and they told me to switch to Mac which worked perfectly.

Complete in mid-September and haven't heard back yet :// Anyone know if it's worth it to submit an update/LOI?

Reactions: 1 user
FYI I emailed them and they still ask that we avoid Macs for the MMI section. I think there are ways around it if you absolutely can’t secure a PC, but they said they may not reschedule if we have any trouble with the interview portion. I’m just going to use a friend’s PC to avoid any possible complications /:

Just offered an interview. I’m excited. I kind of thought my cycle was over

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 8 users
How long is the turnaround for an acceptance here?

Also, the interview format is traditional with an MMI?

is the file open or closed?

Tbh I’ve kind of checked out because this cycle hasn’t been going as well as I anticipated and wasn’t really expecting an invite

How long is the turnaround for an acceptance here?

Also, the interview format is traditional with an MMI?

is the file open or closed?

Tbh I’ve kind of checked out because this cycle hasn’t been going as well as I anticipated and wasn’t really expecting an invite
It was ~3 weeks for me.

MMI so closed-file.

Hit me up if you want some help with your MMI prep. Best of luck!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you who've interviewed already, did you get any kind of a break during the day? The schedule doesn't show one, but I wasn't sure whether that was accurate.

Could any current students describe how easy is it to live in Kentucky and to be able to find other med students as roommates? I am OOS and that in-state tuition looks mighty juicy haha
I currently live in Cincy, and newport, KY is about 10-15 mins from the medical school campus. So it's very feasible, the housing there tends to be cheaper and better quality than the places right around the campus. And from my understanding, accepted students will be invited to a FB page to orchestrate this exact type of thing!

Recently received the 'A' and very excited about the offer! Would love a current student to comment on the available options for living nearby UCCOM (walk or short drive) and in particular, the overall safety of these areas. Also, any word on the continuation of P/F and no ranking for M1 & M2's going forward? Thanks!
Can I ask when you had your interview? I had mine at the end of January and I am hoping to hear back soon.

Last edited:
The longest break I got was like 15 minutes, I think you do get a few other breaks here and there, just no longer than a few minutes.
Awesome, thanks! Was just wondering if I'd, like, get the chance to grab a glass of water or something, lol

Awesome, thanks! Was just wondering if I'd, like, get the chance to grab a glass of water or something, lol
There was a bit of time where you are scheduled to watch YouTube videos so you can definitely get some water/take a break if needed. I really appreciated this because I had some technical issues to start the day (I was locked out of my portal despite a successful system check the night before) and this provided some buffer room.

So let’s get into this interview set up. I’m nervous about having problems because UC seems to not play any games lol

Last edited:
So let’s get info this interview set up. I’m nervous about having problems because UC seems to not play any games lol
What I think happened to me is I did the system check on my Mac first, but I gained access to a PC later on and did another system check on it. I was able to get into my portal on the Mac but not the PC the morning of the interview so they let me do it on my Mac. I didn’t experience any major issues with doing the interview on a Mac but they did warn me about potential glitches that I could encounter. My advice would be to do the system check only on the device you are planning to use for your interview day.

Can I ask when you had your interview? I hate mine at the end of January and I am hoping to hear back soon.
I interviewed on Jan 19 and got the call about 4 weeks later. Hoping you get the call, as well!!:)

I know this has been mentioned numerous times on this thread, but has anyone had any issues using a Mac without Bootcamp for the interview? I won't be able to find a PC in time, and I'm worried. :(

I know this has been mentioned numerous times on this thread, but has anyone had any issues using a Mac without Bootcamp for the interview? I won't be able to find a PC in time, and I'm worried. :(
when i called they made it sound like they switched it to PC only late in the cycle bc most of the ppl having issues were mac users. it also sounded like the problems were mostly because of the user getting confused about which windows / tabs their stuff was appearing in. they encouraged me to find a pc which i eventually did or reschedule, but i was lowkey tempted to just use the mac. i think it would be fine but obviously it’s risky risky. asking to reschedule until you can get one is an option too.

as someone mentioned above, i think calling and asking for what additional instructions you need would be beneficial.

i would definitely recommend emailing them and explaining the situation so they can explain the potential issues you may experience with a Mac. I think they’re understanding if you absolutely can’t find a PC

Does anyone know if Cincinnati has a dress code for lectures and such? Like business casual or anything? or just wear what you want even if its sweatpants etc.

When did u interview

Does anyone know if Cincinnati has a dress code for lectures and such? Like business casual or anything? or just wear what you want even if its sweatpants etc.
No dress code. Tons of people go in sweats/jackets. Occasionally there are required days to dress up, during audits and other events.

Anyone know when Cincinnati is interviewing till this cycle, if still doing so? I was complete early September but took a September MCAT too so probably officially complete mid October.

1. Is anyone else in this thread currently interviewing rn with Cincinnati at the upcoming date?

2. For those that have been interviewed and accepted, how stressful was the interview? How fun was it? How long was it?

1. Is anyone else in this thread currently interviewing rn with Cincinnati at the upcoming date?

2. For those that have been interviewed and accepted, how stressful was the interview? How fun was it? How long was it?
I’m interviewing this Friday, very nervous!

Haven’t heard back, but I just interviewed last week. There were a couple MMI prompts that actually made my jaw drop. I cant get into details but I would expect them to go somewhat out of the box with the questions you receive. The interviewers themselves were all very nice however, the MMIs took 70 minutes total. I had 8 stations and really wish I had a break because by the end I was pretty fried.

edit: I should note that I’m not a huge fan of MMIs in general and most of the questions were pretty straightforward, just a couple threw me off

Reactions: 3 users
Haven’t heard back, but I just interviewed last week. There were a couple MMI prompts that actually made my jaw drop. I cant get into details but I would expect them to go somewhat out of the box with the questions you receive. The interviewers themselves were all very nice however, the MMIs took 70 minutes total. I had 8 stations and really wish I had a break because by the end I was pretty fried.

edit: I should note that I’m not a huge fan of MMIs in general and most of the questions were pretty straightforward, just a couple threw me off
70 minutes...

oh yeah, I’m going to need a bang energy drink because wtfff. UIC’s MMI wasn’t even terrible. It was fun and easy. This is going to drag me by my hair follicles lmaooo.

but I think I should be fine, I like interviewing, do it well, and have a palpable carefree and charismatic energy. Hopefully that’s enough to distract them from any flubs.

thanks for the insight, I’ll definitely utilize it. I haven’t really decided what questions to practice with (should they be medical/ethic or more CASPER like)

Reactions: 2 users

Same here, and 100% agree with this experience. Everyone was really nice, and I got the impression that they genuinely wanted me to do well, but the prompts themselves were extremely challenging. By the time it was over, I wanted to just sleep. Definitely get a good night's rest and caffeinate; you'll need it.

Reactions: 3 users
I know this was asked before, but does anyone have more info on P/F and no quartile rankings?

I know this was asked before, but does anyone have more info on P/F and no quartile rankings?
I emailed them, and I was told it's still under discussion. They will make an announcement once a decision is reached.

When you guys did the systems check within 24 hours, did anything in the portal reflect that you did it?

When you guys did the systems check within 24 hours, did anything in the portal reflect that you did it?
No, it still had the same screen as before, telling me to complete the check. As long as you have completed it, you should be fine.

Just got the call!!!! Accepted!! Interviewed on 1/29. I cried on phone and I’m not ashamed at all. This cycle has been awful.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 18 users