2020-2021 UCLA (Geffen)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think theres a good chance we are all waitlisted, and they are in the process of determining who is at the "top."

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know y'all, before all this UCLA was high on my list. But it's admin has had so many eff ups from admissions treatment to curriculum transition eff ups that it's making me see how it treats its potential future students.
What did they mess up with the curriculum transition?

alright guys lets wait another week yayyyy

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
If we had an early interview and dodged both the R waves to this point but have not heard anything I wonder what is awaiting us at the end
I LOOK ONCE MORE JUST AROUND THE RIVERBEND!!!
Is all my dreaming at an end.....?
Or do you still wait for me, UCLA? ... Just around the river---- beeeeeennnddd

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
Has anyone else been accepted but not received their finaid offer? I'm not sure if they just forgot me

I just emailed admissions. Hopefully they respond lol

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
I actually emailed the admissions two weeks ago and they responded last week that they're still "fine combing" through interviewees and that more decisions should be released in the "next few weeks" ...

• Hmm
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I guess an LOI at this point would be pointless then? Until we officially hear back about a waitlist position (if it does actually end up as a WL and not an R)

So admissions just emailed me back and send they have not finalized their class yet and are still releasing acceptances. Which conflicts with what has been said on this forum

• Wow
Reactions: 7 users
So admissions just emailed me back and send they have not finalized their class yet and are still releasing acceptances. Which conflicts with what has been said on this forum
So my understanding is that the class is "filled" if 100% of people who were offered acceptance matriculated. But that never happens so more As will go out before the rest are WL. Then More As will come off waitlist

Reactions: 4 users
Where did the ppl who said initial acceptances are done get their info? My assumption was from admissions themselves 🥴 someone playin us

Where did the ppl who said initial acceptances are done get their info? My assumption was from admissions themselves 🥴 someone playin us
Initial acceptances done =/= finalized class

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah I feel like "not finalizing class" is not initial acceptance, they won't finalize the class until they are done accepting off of the waitlist
I think this is a misinterpretation, they explicitly stated it’s rolling admissions in their email and they are still releasing acceptances.

A few days ago, an MS1 said all initial acceptances had gone out. Perhaps this all turns on a distinction between initial As and WL—>As?

A few days ago, an MS1 said all initial acceptances had gone out. Perhaps this all turns on a distinction between initial As and WL—>As?
My question was “Also at the point, is it just waitlist or can applicants still be accepted into the entering class?” And they responded with “it is rolling admissions and there isn’t a specific date to hear back about decisions. I want to inform you we are still releasing acceptances and the class is not finalized yet”

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Idk, if the adcoms themselves are saying there are acceptances to still be sent out I’m not sure why we are splitting hairs here. The wait sucks, but if we haven’t received a post interview decision yet then we’re still in the game.

Reactions: 7 users
Anyone hear back about the Geffen recently? 😔
It's been silence for me since I submitted my secondary on 10/12...I feel like this was one of the best secondaries I submitted too, so I'm still hoping to receive that II invite! 🥴 haha

Just got an email saying it might take until July to hear back for a decision LOL good luck waiting everyone I know I need it. This makes sense because I remember reading posts that people know of applicants who got accepted in June or July...

It's been silence for me since I submitted my secondary on 10/12...I feel like this was one of the best secondaries I submitted too, so I'm still hoping to receive that II invite! 🥴 haha
they're still sending IIs so could be possible hahahah (I'm waiting too)

Where did you see that they were still sending IIs? I thought they finished interviews end of July
i called the office earlier today and they said that they're meeting every week and still sending interviews, but i assume that they won't be sending very many at this point

Sure. It stated “From what I have been hearing end of July may be it, but to be honest I don’t have a date”
This was from the admissions office? I feel like in past years they at least sent WL notification to applicants instead of silence by March/April and that's really unfortunate if they mean we could have silence until July :/

Just got an email saying it might take until July to hear back for a decision LOL good luck waiting everyone I know I need it. This makes sense because I remember reading posts that people know of applicants who got accepted in June or July...
WHY

This was from the admissions office? I feel like in past years they at least sent WL notification to applicants instead of silence by March/April and that's really unfortunate if they mean we could have silence until July :/
Yes. From the admissions office

• Sad
What interviews are we talking about? MD admissions interviews ended in January.

I have another offer that I’m really excited about but I guess I’m hanging around for UCLA on the off chance I get a geffen... which seems unlikely at this point

anyone else in the same boat? When do we just call it a day and move on

edit: still waiting for LA decision post interview

Emails always seem to go out at 3 PM PST followed by a call.
No news today :(

My guess is it will be a bit before they send more As because people are waiting on scholarships to make decisions and decline offers

Waitlisted, E-mail came 6:45PM CT. Interviewed in Sept.

• Care
Just got the alternate list email :( . Is alternate list the same as waitlist ?

• Care
Alternate list as well. It took them 7 months to tell me this. I am extremely disappointed in DGSOM.

• Care
WL + "top of our list" line in the email

• Wow
Ya I got WL, interviewed in December. My stats are low so no surprise here. Kinda wish I went out in the post-II R wave haha.