2020-2021 UCLA (Geffen)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone heard anything about scholarships since this past weekend?

Members don't see this ad.

current ms1, sharing update we just got regarding admissions

“Admissions update: concluded review & accepted 164 (traditional track...30% URM), 18 (PRIME, 82% URM), 40 (MSTP, 35% URM)... Drew counts pending”

I don’t know what the final count will look like but pretty sure there will be waitlist movement to come

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Happy Thursday!
Looks like it's around 240 spots not including Drew, so we pretty much done here boys and girls. Most likely they'll drag out the rest until they get the numbers they want.
I am just confused because if they accepted 222 and normally accept 310 (including WL), that is still 88 spots. And they normally accept 50 off of the WL. But I guess it is just out of control now and we have to just hope the WL gods work in our favor

“Admissions update: concluded review & accepted 164 (traditional track...30% URM), 18 (PRIME, 82% URM), 40 (MSTP, 35% URM)... Drew counts pending”

I don’t know what the final count will look like but pretty sure there will be waitlist movement to come
Im so sorry for the stupid question but what’s URM

I guess I'm not going off of previous years because this one is off. But of course there's still a chance, and I guess if you don't have any As you have to hold on to it. But statistically, it's just low because there are still so many people in limbo post II that the rates are most likely low now.
That's a good point. I wonder how many people are still waiting for a post interview decision, and how massive that post interview rejection wave was.

Reactions: 1 user
So there are 100 more spots that will likely open up once people start making decisions?

The 222 doesn't include Drew so I'd guess their total is more like 240-250. All depends on how many decline their acceptances this year but if this cycle remains similar to previous ones then it'd be another 50-60 admits off the waitlist to hit that 300-310 admitted overall

On MSAR it says there are estimated to be 175 new entrants at DGSOM. So maybe there will be 11 acceptances today?? 🙏🙏

Holding out hope until the bitter end, lol

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I don’t know what to think. The admissions and interviewers were telling me that I’d surely get accepted and that they are excited to see me next fall. It looks like they did this to a lot of people though.

And everyone on this forum seems set that the cycle is over

I don’t know what to think. The admissions and interviewers were telling me that I’d surely get accepted and that they are excited to see me next fall. It looks like they did this to a lot of people though.

One of mine said that as well. Also, the cycle is not over until May.

+1 🥴

Thank you for sharing this. For me, this gives me some relief, as I now will be expecting a WL/R. Good luck to everyone, gonna take a break from this thread until I hear directly from DGSOM (which may be till June lawl).

On MSAR it says there are estimated to be 175 new entrants at DGSOM. So maybe there will be 11 acceptances today?? 🙏🙏

pretty sure 175 is the total entering for all UCLA programs combined

Reactions: 1 users

The cycle's not over yet! I think there is decent WL movement, but the 175 includes MD/PhD, Drew, and PRIME students as well so it's hard to really estimate.

I don’t know this for sure so take this with a grain of salt, but there were some rumors that they overenrolled last year and there were more people who deferred than usual due to COVID, so there could be some spots reserved for people who were actually admitted last cycle? Again this is just speculation

I don’t know this for sure so take this with a grain of salt, but there were some rumors that they overenrolled last year and there were more people who deferred than usual due to COVID, so there could be some spots reserved for people who were actually admitted last cycle? Again this is just speculation
It only says about 2-4 deffered on MSAR

can someone post a screenshot of the msar
Screen Shot 2021-03-11 at 10.17.49 AM.jpg

Yup, I heard this too. I'm suddenly not feeling special any more

So based on last year's thread, Feb 19 they sent out a fair amount of WLs (some of which included wording along the lines of "you're at the top of our list" and some didn't...guess who got accepted off the waitlist lol) and then on Feb 24 they sent out many post II Rs. Imo, I think since those WLs haven't come out they're still deliberating (or maybe they'll send it out today?)
Did they send out Rs before the WL too like this year? Or both?

Last year Rs were reported on 2 dates (2/12 and 2/24)

Edit: also the cycle before that Rs were only reported on SDN on one date (3/4). Some WL also came out that day

Aren't there too many of us to get waitlisted? How many do they usually send out?
MSAR said 150 WL spots. I'm not sure if that also accounts for the few who would turn down the spot/aren't interested by then. Also I think SDN reporting of Rs is a very small portion of people, aside from that I do think more are likely to report As over Rs

Reactions: 2 users
MSAR said 150 WL spots. I'm not sure if that also accounts for the few who would turn down the spot/aren't interested by then. Also I think SDN reporting of Rs is a very small portion of people, aside from that I do think more are likely to report As over Rs
That's a really good point. Well, fingers crossed we hear back about WLs then! Let's hope adcom keeps up the Thursday momentum

I need the wait to be over. Oh my god why

wondering if anything will go out today-waitlist or rejections....clearly im a bit anxious

just got my provisional finaid award through email

If we didn't get a provisional financial aid offer what does that mean ....