2020-2021 UC Davis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
when does school start?

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone planning on withdrawing their A here? Want to see if WL movement is going to be good for this school.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For those using the FB page size as a gauge of acceptances, I just want to say that I requested to join almost a week ago and still haven't been let in. There might be significant lag between acceptances being offered and people joining the group.

Reactions: 1 user
For those using the FB page size as a gauge of acceptances, I just want to say that I requested to join almost a week ago and still haven't been let in. There might be significant lag between acceptances being offered and people joining the group.
Yeah, it took 2-3 weeks for me to be accepted after I requested to join. It seems like they are accepting requests in batches every few weeks.

But also, the FB page isn’t an accurate gauge of acceptances bc there are 70+ current students in the group!

There are also quite a few people in the facebook group who have multiple acceptances and haven't made a decision yet. So don't give up hope based on the # of group members. Hoping you all get the A you want!

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone know if the WL is ranked/unranked? I still don't entirely understand how unranked lists work

Anyone know if the WL is ranked/unranked? I still don't entirely understand how unranked lists work
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think it is ranked? Otherwise we would know where we stand in the WL.

Threads from previous years have said it's pretty decent but who knows what'll happen with this cycle. Fingers crossed!
Not gonna lie, i'm a ball of freaking stress on this waitlist:/ has NOT been good for my anxiety lol.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
this school accepts no updates at any point in the cycle, correct?

Oof first post-II R last night, interviewed 3/12. I didn’t expect much though- good luck everyone else!
Sorry about the R. Did you feel bad about the MMI itself or your stats ?

Sorry about the R. Did you feel bad about the MMI itself or your stats ?
combination of stats and weak connections to California as a whole (I know people without NorCal ties get accepted and such, but my ties to the whole state are weak- I’m a CA applicant by technicality)

combination of stats and weak connections to California as a whole (I know people without NorCal ties get accepted and such, but my ties to the whole state are weak- I’m a CA applicant by technicality)
Okay thanks so much for your transparency and goodluck with the rest of the cycle !

Okay thanks so much for your transparency and goodluck with the rest of the cycle !
I felt like most of my interview went well, except for maybe about 2 of the MMI stations, where I felt that they did not vibe with me much. Maybe as a result of that, I was placed on the WL. I really hope I can get off of this WL because I'd love to go here.

I felt like most of my interview went well, except for maybe about 2 of the MMI stations, where I felt that they did not vibe with me much. Maybe as a result of that, I was placed on the WL. I really hope I can get off of this WL because I'd love to go here.
I feel the same way! i had my interview today and two of them were ...meh:/ .. but good luck !! I hope the waitlist movement works in your favor :)

I feel the same way! i had my interview today and two of them were ...meh:/ .. but good luck !! I hope the waitlist movement works in your favor :)
I'm sure it went well! Was today the last interview day?

Hello! Does anyone know if the presentations during the virtual second look day will be recorded? If not, do you think its worth it to ask for time off for this? Thanks!

Any March interview people waiting for a decision or are we fully onto April?

Hello! Does anyone know if the presentations during the virtual second look day will be recorded? If not, do you think its worth it to ask for time off for this? Thanks!
If anyone was wondering it will be recorded and sent out hahaha

Got a post II rejection. Strongly suspecting that my interview date played a big factor. I got the invite back in December, and picked the earliest date available, which was 03/22. However, I noticed that earlier dates (e.g. in early February) kept sporadically popping up as people were cancelling interviews. Wanted to advise everyone applying 2021-2022 to be more aggressive with trying to select earlier interview dates.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Got a post II rejection. Strongly suspecting that my interview date played a big factor. I got the invite back in December, and picked the earliest date available, which was 03/22. However, I noticed that earlier dates (e.g. in early February) kept sporadically popping up as people were cancelling interviews. Wanted to advise everyone applying 2021-2022 to be more aggressive with trying to select earlier interview dates.
So sorry to hear 😔 hope you're coping well and you hear some good news soon.
Did you feel your interview went well?

I know it's not a good indicator, but can anyone say how many people are on the Facebook page now?

Thanks! So the class is pretty much full then? That's 169 students for the incoming class.
Possibly, but from what I am hearing and seeing it seems like a good chunk of the admitted students are still unsure whether they will be attending or not

Thanks! So the class is pretty much full then? That's 169 students for the incoming class.
Thank you for giving me hope in these dark dark times lol
Also that 70 number was first mentioned a month ago, so it could be somewhere from 80-85+ now. And then combine that with students who are unsure if they'll be attending. Stay strong friends!

Reactions: 2 users
Also that 70 number was first mentioned a month ago, so it could be somewhere from 80-85+ now. And then combine that with students who are unsure if they'll be attending. Stay strong friends!
I really needed this after this crap day in clinic lol thanks for the optomism!

Anyone else interviewed on 4/5? When do you think we’ll hear back? I’m anxious!

I interviewed on 4/5 too! Super anxious. I thought I heard that there is some event on the 26th of April for accepted students during our interview orientation. Does that mean we should hear in the next couple days?

I interviewed on 4/5 too! Super anxious. I thought I heard that there is some event on the 26th of April for accepted students during our interview orientation. Does that mean we should hear in the next couple days?
I didn’t hear about the 4/26 event. But they def mentioned we’ll hear back post 4/23/2021.