2020-2021 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (South Georgia Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
2nd year at South GA here. More than happy to help anyone that needs it!
Do you know how often the admissions team meets? Perhaps any decisions prior to the holidays?

Members don't see this ad.

Do you know how often the admissions team meets? Perhaps any decisions prior to the holidays?
Unfortunately I don't know when they meet. I was accepted around this time 2 years ago, though. Sorry I know that doesn't help much.

Reactions: 1 user
Unfortunately I don't know when they meet. I was accepted around this time 2 years ago, though. Sorry I know that doesn't help much.
Do you know how many people are interviewed every year in the last 2 years. The following PCOM website shows only the #Applied, #OfferedAdmission, and #Matricualated. Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad :)
When is the latest time you guys can take comlex level 1? August?

How much time in the third semester of the second year will you all have to prepare for boards?

Thx again !!

Do you know how many people are interviewed every year in the last 2 years. The following PCOM website shows only the #Applied, #OfferedAdmission, and #Matricualated. Thanks in advance.
Sorry for the late reply, just finished up finals week. I know my class had around 3000 applicants, and I'm not sure about last years.

When is the latest time you guys can take comlex level 1? August?

How much time in the third semester of the second year will you all have to prepare for boards?

Thx again !!
The latest we can take COMLEX is August 31st. I'll get back to you on your other question as our school is still arranging dedicated.

are they currently on waitlist right now or has anyone gotten a recent acceptance?

Do y’all think it’s too late to apply here?
I finished my application on Christmas as an URM with a 503 MCAT, 3.4 GPA, and they sent me a secondary which probably means nothing but this cycle is very very weird so conventional wisdom I think is wrong in this case. I say go for it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I finished my application on Christmas as an URM with a 503 MCAT, 3.4 GPA, and they sent me a secondary which probably means nothing but this cycle is very very weird so conventional wisdom I think is wrong in this case. I say go for it.
¡Gracias, Mateo! :)

What is there to do outside of school? Do you personally enjoy the location?
Moultrie is a nice little town with some nice walking trails and family owned restaurants. There's a couple of good studying spots a local YMCA where students participate in sports and the gym. It has the pros and cons of a small town, but if you're from a big city, it takes some adjustment. In all honesty though, you get so busy with school and studying that there's not a whole bunch of time for much else.

2nd year at South GA here. More than happy to help anyone that needs it!
Hey there, can you elaborate on the school culture/structure a little more? What is the schedule/curriculum like, how are the professors, have things gotten back on track this semester? Do you feel well-prepared for rotations and like you'll have good options/support? Are people matching their top choices? Really any pros/cons would be appreciated. I hear a lot about the main campus but little about this one. Thank you!

Hey there, can you elaborate on the school culture/structure a little more? What is the schedule/curriculum like, how are the professors, have things gotten back on track this semester? Do you feel well-prepared for rotations and like you'll have good options/support? Are people matching their top choices? Really any pros/cons would be appreciated. I hear a lot about the main campus but little about this one. Thank you!
I am going to message you separately for this one!

I interviewed 2 weeks ago and I haven't heard back yet but I heard it takes a month

Relinquished my interview today, on to one of ya'll - good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Just got an interview offer for Feb 9. Anyone know if the class is full yet or not?

Interview Invite received this morning (Jan 28) for Feb 9th
Completed Jan 22
GPA 3.74
MCAT: 498

for those who interviewed at the South Georgia campus, is it open or closed file? any advice on how to prepare? and any feedback on the interview overall? I would really appreciate it, thanks so much!

rejected post interview..... :( im so sad....
I know it must feel horrible and I definitely get it I've received about 8 rejections so far and just received an interview from this school so I'm praying for the best. It sucks to have had those multiple rejections but I'm a firm believer of "what's meant for you will happen" and try to learn from them so I can do my best on the next ones, or just accept that it wasn't meant for me. here's a virtual hug! (>' ')> hang in there

Reactions: 4 users
Is there still a writing section in the interview this year like in previous years? Or did they get rid of that since it’s virtual now?

How does this school compare to Lake Erie-Bradenton? Which would you choose if given the option?

rejected post interview..... :( im so sad....
Received an interview here and also was rejected post interview. Hold your head up high and don’t let one adcom committee destroy your confidence. Reground yourself in your “why” and keep up the good fight, we will win this, just a matter of when. Good luck to you!

Received an interview here and also was rejected post interview. Hold your head up high and don’t let one adcom committee destroy your confidence. Reground yourself in your “why” and keep up the good fight, we will win this, just a matter of when. Good luck to you!
Sorry to hear about that.

Are you from Georgia?

Interview Invite received this morning (Jan 28) for Feb 9th
Completed Jan 22
GPA 3.74
MCAT: 498

for those who interviewed at the South Georgia campus, is it open or closed file? any advice on how to prepare? and any feedback on the interview overall? I would really appreciate it, thanks so much!
you were complete jan 22?

do you think they are still sending II out? I was complete early November but I feel like I have what they are looking for?

Can any M1's talk more about the current curriculum here and how grades/ranks are calculated and if there's PBL/OMM every week? Thanks!

do you think they are still sending II out? I was complete early November but I feel like I have what they are looking for?
Sup Azizi, I emailed them, and they said they interview through March, so hang tight I guess.

• Care