2020-2021 Kansas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When finding housing, is it imperative you stay on the Kansas side for in-state tuition, or does KU let you live in Missouri since it's literally a few blocks away from the school?

Members don't see this ad.

FYI, for the upcoming KUMC class of 2025, AMBOSS is running a promotion for their product. Based on how many people that will sign up, your class (and anyone else at the school) would get a discount. See link below:

When finding housing, is it imperative you stay on the Kansas side for in-state tuition, or does KU let you live in Missouri since it's literally a few blocks away from the school?
Yes.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I did not see any movement of WL!! This is week one of may !!!

I did not see any movement of WL!! This is week one of may !!!
WL started moving late April last year... not sure what it means that there is no movement yet this year....

WL started moving late April last year... not sure what it means that there is no movement yet this year....
True!! My biggest fear is that if no body withdrawing from KU!! To move the WL, total number needs to fall below 211

True!! My biggest fear is that if no body withdrawing from KU!! To move the WL, total number needs to fall below 211
Stay positive... it went past 50 last year.. and this year they have over 100 waitlisted so hopefully there is a reason for that :)

For those that have been accepted, there’s now a GroupMe. The info for joining is posted in the fb group KU School of Medicine Class of 2025.

If it helps, there’s still only 205 members in the fb group, so there should be a decent amount of waitlist movement here soon!
Thank you. I am @12. Seems like 7 more needs to drop 😭😭😭.

If it helps, there’s still only 205 members in the fb group, so there should be a decent amount of waitlist movement here soon!
Class size is 211.. so almost there .... and possible that some have not joined FB group...

Class size is 211.. so almost there .... and possible that some have not joined FB group...
My biggest fear is that too!! I'm 2019 sdn post, by May 13 the WL dropped down to 14 but this year I really do not know what is going on

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you. I am @12. Seems like 7 more needs to drop .

Also, a bunch of those members are current students passing on info about housing opportunities. Maybe 10ish? I didn’t keep a tally as people joined up unfortunately.

Also, a bunch of those members are current students passing on info about housing opportunities. Maybe 10ish? I didn’t keep a tally as people joined up unfortunately.
Hopefully there will be a good movement by next week!! I am just having panic attacks. Due to family reason, I applied to KU only 😭

I appreciate your support and info friend!

I appreciate your support and info friend!

No problem!! I’m gonna go through and count the posts made by people who aren’t members of the class and will report back. I’ll edit this post with the #

APPROX 20!!

Reactions: 3 users
No problem!! I’m gonna go through and count the posts made by people who aren’t members of the class and will report back. I’ll edit this post with the #

APPROX 20!!
Appreciate all your help.. hope that's how it turns out to be, and more of the 205 have gotten acceptance in other schools that are higher on their list :)

Reactions: 1 users

APPROX 20!!
Truely appreciate your help
friend!!

APPROX 20!!
As someone in the low 30s, not sure if your info made me feel better or worse lol (but thank you for it regardless)

I am just wondering if KU is going to activate the list this week or they will push it to next week!!

I am just wondering if KU is going to activate the list this week or they will push it to next week!!
I think you posted that in second look session they said second week of May. The WL email that came in March also said ....middle of May is when they will activate the list.. so may have to wait a little longer.

I think you posted that in second look session they said second week of May. The WL email that came in March also said ....middle of May is when they will activate the list.. so may have to wait a little longer.
True

Mine still isn’t showing up. What number does it say they’re at?
I was number 11. I don't know how to see what they're at now. I just thought y'all would like to know that it started. :)

I was number 11. I don't know how to see what they're at now. I just thought y'all would like to know that it started. :)
Ah okay I get what you meant now! But yes that is awesome to know, thank you and congrats!

Good luck everyone. Take solace in that if you were even on the wait list at all that you are wanted as a medical student and future doctor. Don't give up!

Okay so it actually is open now in that portal. It says they’re at number 15. Anyone know how much movement there is after that initial jump? I kind of assumed that was the bulk of the WL movement but maybe I’m wrong.

They are at 15 now.
See you all in few months.
Best of luck for all WL candidates.

Anyone from the next 6 (15 to 20) on SDN besides me? Seriously hoping we get the call this coming week.....

Yeah I am in the next 6 and haven’t heard anything. I wouldn’t expect to hear anything on weekends and also I think they prefer to accept groups of people at a time rather than spreading out individual calls over the course of the week. I think we will have to continue to wait a little bit but I’m hopeful there’s news this coming week

Just one today looks like.. and we thought it will be in groups .....