2020-2021 Kansas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This may be a dumb question but I didn't fill out that KMSL fasfa thing by March 1st (yesterday) and got postII-R March 2nd(today), is there any way those two are related or am I simply seeking closure?
I'm gonna lean on the closure option friend

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Last year I think they got to 46. I wouldn’t worry too much about it if you are below 30!

Members don't see this ad :)
WL position in the 120s :(

Would I be able to ask them on my feedback for my application so I can get some advice on what to focus on as I improve for next cycle or do I need to wait for WL to run out even though I'm so far back?

Can we still update our campus preferences and if so, how do you do that now? I know being on the waitlist makes it much more difficult to get what you want, but I'd like to change my second choice just in case.

Can we still update our campus preferences and if so, how do you do that now? I know being on the waitlist makes it much more difficult to get what you want, but I'd like to change my second choice just in case.
Yes! Email [email protected] and let them know you'd like to update your preferences and they'll reopen your secondary application. Then you'll be able to change it and resubmit it :)

Reactions: 1 user
Is there any one who is going to withdraw from KU?

What is the breakdown of the number of students at each campus? All I remember is Salina takes 8 students, but how many do 2 years downtown and 2 years in Wichita or all 4 years at either place?

Around 150 in KC. 50-60 do 2/2. Another 50 or so in Wichita all 4 years. All rough numbers.

@CNAtoMD!

Usually about 170 students will stay in KC and 30 in Wichita for the first 2 years, then another 30 or 40 will go to Wichita for the last 2 years.

Anyone receive their financial aid package yet? Submitted scholarship stuff 2/9 and wondering when I might hear back.

What is the breakdown of the number of students at each campus? All I remember is Salina takes 8 students, but how many do 2 years downtown and 2 years in Wichita or all 4 years at either place?
For my class:

Wichita had 28 students. Salina 8, rest KC (class size was 210-212? I think, not sure on exact, its changed a bit d/t withdraw or deferral I think my last test said n=206 or something).
2+2 is 44. Next year, 44 students join us for rotation in Wichita from KC. These students up there are in small groups together and already know one another to facilitate actually knowing people when they have to transition to ICT. They'll come down at the end of may this year for M3 orientation. Everyone else will stay in KC.

2024 was the first year Salina took 10 students. Wichita still has 28 (4 groups of 7). Rest KC/2+2. I believe the pre-clinical numbers are generally dictated on the smaller campuses by small group room capacity - our small groups in Wichita are 7 students so the rooms are dedicated 4 M2 rooms 4 M1 rooms. The dean had mentioned to my class before when we'd asked that he wished he could have the 2+2 people with us the entire time but there isn't anywhere logistically to put them right now.

Did all the R/WL homies here receive the email about the MEDPATH program? I'm kinda interested but I haven't been able to find much *student description/experiences* about the program

Members don't see this ad :)
Did all the R/WL homies here receive the email about the MEDPATH program? I'm kinda interested but I haven't been able to find much *student description/experiences* about the program
I got the email but I too am still trying to figure out if it's a money grab, legit, and or what its like

I didn't get the email ☹️

• Care
I got the email but I too am still trying to figure out if it's a money grab, legit, and or what its like
Unless it's changed, you don't pay. It's legit. How do I know? It's how I got where I am.

Reactions: 2 users
Unless it's changed, you don't pay. It's legit. How do I know? It's how I got where I am.
I have a quick question. Does everyone get the email about Medpath? I am wait listed within 20. I did not get that email. Should I go ahead and ask ADCOM?

I have a quick question. Does everyone get the email about Medpath? I am wait listed within 20. I did not get that email. Should I go ahead and ask ADCOM?
No, only individuals meeting certain requirements would, but whether you are on hold or doesn't necessarily affect it. It is generally reserved for folks who were rejected.

The fact that you're within 20 may be a good sign, some years the list moves quick others it doesn't budge at all.

When would summer break for first year begin and end?

If it’s anything like past years, our summer break (between M1 and M2) would be May 13 - July 25, 2022.

Can any current Wichita or 2/2 students tell me how they like Wichita? I was randomly assigned to the 2/2 track although I originally chose KC.
Also, does anybody know how many students have gotten off the KC wait list in the past?

I am also curious to see how many people who were randomly assigned KC for 2 and Wichita for 2 eventually got KC for 4 years?!

Can any current Wichita or 2/2 students tell me how they like Wichita? I was randomly assigned to the 2/2 track although I originally chose KC.
Also, does anybody know how many students have gotten off the KC wait list in the past?
I’m a first year on the 2/2. I chose that first because you get a much better clinical education in Wichita. Less residents, fellows, etc. Everyone I have asked about it said they are very glad they did 2/2. You get to deliver a ton of babies, first-assist in surgery, etc. much more hands on than many are allowed to be in KC.

I’m a first year on the 2/2. I chose that first because you get a much better clinical education in Wichita. Less residents, fellows, etc. Everyone I have asked about it said they are very glad they did 2/2. You get to deliver a ton of babies, first-assist in surgery, etc. much more hands on than many are allowed to be in KC.

Do you know if there’s an official (or unofficial) procedure for swapping campus assignments? My buddy got 2/2 despite asking for 4yr KC and was accepted back around Christmas. He has three kids and his whole support system is in KC, so he’s pretty bummed. Is there anything he can do at this point to get the 4yr KC spot he requested?

I'm a Wichita 2nd year - I've personally enjoyed it down here but I also wanted to go here as I live in the area already. We're a close knit group of people. I know everyone in my cohort + most of the class above and below me, and even a good chunk of the 4th years. I also know a ton of the admin/staff/clerkship directors already cause they help out with tons of random things. I hear good things about our clinical experiences, but I'm not quite there yet.

Ancedotally, I do really like Wesley and Via as hospitals and the physicians I have followed out of both for SER weeks + worked with for projects/research are incredibly nice people who have been interested in helping/educating me. Heck, at Jaydoc (volunteer clinic), some of the docs pretty much let me make decisions as a second year and have shown me how to do minor procedures (hooked up and ran an EKG, gave some injections, ultrasounds, that sort of stuff). More than I expected to get to do, and they're residents/faculty, so, bodes well for what's coming up in 2 months for me I think.

As far as switching I don't know that there is an official way to go about it really? The best he can do is ask because the worst that happens is they say no, right? I think that had some exceptions listed when we originally were assigned, but I dont recall them. FWIW, many of my classmates have kids here. He wont be alone if he ends up with us!

Anyone who has questions re: wichita can feel free to ask me/PM, I'm happy to help answer what I can.

This early in the game the best you can do is ask a classmate if they're willing to swap, then ask student affairs if they will do it.

This is probably a dumber question, but the overwhelming advice I'm seeing online for waitlisted applicants is to be sending letters of updates and interest. I'm in the late 30s on the waitlist right now and really doubt anything we send will affect how they'll go down the list now. Am I misunderstanding something?

This is probably a dumber question, but the overwhelming advice I'm seeing online for waitlisted applicants is to be sending letters of updates and interest. I'm in the late 30s on the waitlist right now and really doubt anything we send will affect how they'll go down the list now. Am I misunderstanding something?
Here is what I got reply from Associate Dean of KUMC when I asked the same question : nothing can be changed or updated once the decision has been taken. I would suggest go ahead and ask Brian that if you can send an update.

I'm at KUMC and my boss heard through the grapevine that there's a lot of accepted students who've decided to go elsewhere. IDK how many but there's def going to be movement on the WL come May.

I'm at KUMC and my boss heard through the grapevine that there's a lot of accepted students who've decided to go elsewhere. IDK how many but there's def going to be movement on the WL come May.
It happens every year.

Edit: also future students don't be that person, if you aren't going to take an acceptance send a decline so that the wait list moves for other people.

If students have already declined would the waitlist move now or still not until May?

How many of you are attending virtual second time look for campus selection?
Any news on WL movement ?

Hi everyone!
Sitting at WL spot number 20... hoping to see movement next week!! Might be a little too eager to hope for that though. Just wondering if anyone knows if they will call or email if/when they reach out regarding acceptances off the waitlist?

Hi everyone!
Sitting at WL spot number 20... hoping to see movement next week!! Might be a little too eager to hope for that though. Just wondering if anyone knows if they will call or email if/when they reach out regarding acceptances off the waitlist

Same here ! Waiting for a phone call. I think they call you first and then email. For sure they call!!
Waiting is just killing me

Same here ! Waiting for a phone call. I think they call you first and then email. For sure they call!!
Waiting is just killing me

I am on the wait list in the Teens as well. I checked the secondary application for updates and the message on there read “The Office of admissions will activate the alternate list the first week of may. When the list is activated, you will see what alternate number is next for an offer of admission.”

I am on the wait list in the Teens as well. I checked the secondary application for updates and the message on there read “The Office of admissions will activate the alternate list the first week of may. When the list is activated, you will see what alternate number is next for an offer of admission.”
I just had a virtual second look day meeting where Brian Steele said that it can be may week 2 to get to know the WL movement!!!

too looong wait !!

Best of luck to y'all.

To those who have been accepted. I emailed admissions asking about why I hadn't received the mid-April email with the requirements for enrollment. They said it is taking longer than expected. I was told we would receive an email with the requirements for enrollment by the end of next week.

To those who have been accepted. I emailed admissions asking about why I hadn't received the mid-April email with the requirements for enrollment. They said it is taking longer than expected. I was told we would receive an email with the requirements for enrollment by the end of next week.

If you haven’t already, make an appt with student health and get immunizations/titers over with. At least those two holds can get removed.

It is so stressful to see no movement of the list so far!! any body is having anxiety attack like me !!

It is so stressful to see no movement of the list so far!! any body is having anxiety attack like me !!
Do you see the activated list? Mine is just saying that once it is activated U G H GOING TO VOMIT

Do you see the activated list? Mine is just saying that once it is activated U G H GOING TO VOMIT
same here! I scrolled through 2 previous yrs posts and in past, WL went down to around 50. Still I am having panic attacks thinking if the WL does not move at all!!

same here! I scrolled through 2 previous yrs posts and in past, WL went down to around 50. Still I am having panic attacks thinking if the WL does not move at all!!
"scrolled through 2 previous yrs posts" hahahahaha no no waitlist applicants are FINE everything is FINE we aren't worried!!!

• Haha