2020-2021 Idaho College of Osteopathic Medicine (ICOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How'd you know your rank already?
They send unofficial acceptances on Fridays of each interviews. It’s not quite the same as the waitlist as they tell you to expect an official acceptance letter in a week or two after people miss the deposit due date.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Just turned down my acceptance here. Hope it goes to one of you all. Good luck and enjoy your time in med school!

Reactions: 3 users
Some miracle happened and I got accepted! I was wondering if there are any students, more specifically third years, that are willing to get in touch with me so I can ask some questions about the school and rotations.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Some miracle happened and I got accepted! I was wondering if there are any students, more specifically third years, that are willing to get in touch with me so I can ask some questions about the school and rotations.
CONGRATS!!!! so exciting

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Soooo what does Icom send us in the mail once we make a deposit? Is it a cup? :)

Will withdraw my waitlist here! Good luck y'all! To be honest this is my favorite osteopathic school! Don't listen to GEM!

Reactions: 5 users
Congratulations!!!! Well deserved!

• Care
Accepted Student from Idaho here. I'm curious if any current 3rd year students could speak to availability of 3rd and 4th year clinical rotation spots in the Treasure Valley. Is there any preference given to Idaho residents to remain in Boise/Meridian/Nampa/Caldwell? Do we know how many core site spots in the Treasure Valley there are?

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted Student from Idaho here. I'm curious if any current 3rd year students could speak to availability of 3rd and 4th year clinical rotation spots in the Treasure Valley. Is there any preference given to Idaho residents to remain in Boise/Meridian/Nampa/Caldwell? Do we know how many core site spots in the Treasure Valley there are?
Idaho residents are generally allowed to return to their place of residence for rotations whether that be Treasure Valley, Twin Falls, or East Idaho. There are 50 students rotating in the Treasure Valley core-site and half the class is in Idaho, overall.

Has anyone been accepted off the waitlist yet? Or do you know your rank on the waitlist?

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone been accepted off the waitlist yet? Or do you know your rank on the waitlist?

I emailed admissions about Five days ago and they said that they have not ranked the WL. That should happen this month though, however.

I emailed admissions about Five days ago and they said that they have not ranked the WL. That should happen this month though, however.
Will we be given our rank and told about how many people are accepted off of the list every year?

Congrats future Dr! But you were originally on the waitlist right? I'm really happy they looked at the list already. I'm not sure what you did but it worked!

Congrats future Dr! But you were originally on the waitlist right? I'm really happy they looked at the list already. I'm not sure what you did but it worked!
Yea I was on the waitlist and got accepted, not so sure how I got out. I hope you all get off too because I am excited to meet as many new faces and study with yall at this school! Anyone is free to DM me.

I just got an A from PNWU so I'm removing myself from the waitlist. I wish you all luck!

Reactions: 4 users
I’m not sure why! He was pretty rude the whole time. He continually cut me off in the middle of my responses because my answers were not sufficient. Maybe it was a stress test, but it sure seemed like he wanted nothing to do with me. And it was a pretty big turn off honestly. It’s okay though, I like my current acceptance a lot more, so I don’t need to worry about it too much! I’m glad to hear that others had really positive experiences!
where are you going?

Sweeeet. Can’t wait to get mine :)
Hi, i’ve got some questions for you but your profile is private & I couldn’t send a message (I’m also an SDN newbie & not sure how it all works sometimes). How can I get in touch?

Hi, i’ve got some questions for you but your profile is private & I couldn’t send a message (I’m also an SDN newbie & not sure how it all works sometimes). How can I get in touch?
Messaged you :)

Hi all new friends and soon to be classmates! Please join the CO 25' Facebook group if/when you decide to matriculate here! Also, DM me about any Q's related to this school's admission process or whatever else! I finished my admissions cycle in October so I've had plenty of time to figure out what went right!

• Care
After months of being placed on the interview waitlist I'll finally be interviewing with ICOM on Feb. 23!!!! Super stoked!

• Care
  • Wow
Reactions: 9 users
Interviewing here on 3/1. Can anyone give insight into the interview format?

Interviewing here on 3/1. Can anyone give insight into the interview format?
Super conversational and low stress in my case. Panel interview with 2 interviewers. They were very familiar with my application.

Just received my waitlist email from here. Interviewed 2/16. During the Q&A part they said they would be releasing the waitlist rank in March.

• Care
I have a alumni who recently got accepted here. He received 7 DO interview and got 6 waitlist. Finally ICOM accepted him!
Idk what's going on with this cycle, all my 4 DO interview turns to a waitlist. (ICOM, PNWU, LECOM-PA, Touro NV)
In this case I assume that people are holding multiple waitlist at this time.
Those on the waitlist don't panic, I think the waitlist movement this year is going to be gigantic than ever.

• Care
I have a alumni who recently got accepted here. He received 7 DO interview and got 6 waitlist. Finally ICOM accepted him!
Idk what's going on with this cycle, all my 4 DO interview turns to a waitlist. (ICOM, PNWU, LECOM-PA, Touro NV)
In this case I assume that people are holding multiple waitlist at this time.
Those on the waitlist don't panic, I think the waitlist movement this year is going to be gigantic than ever.
What’s going on is an 18% increase in DO applications and a 17% increase in MD applications. Add that to 60% of applicants that don’t get into MD every year, and another 60% that doesn’t get into DO... this cycle is super hard to say the least.

What’s going on is an 18% increase in DO applications and a 17% increase in MD applications. Add that to 60% of applicants that don’t get into MD every year, and another 60% that doesn’t get into DO... this cycle is super hard to say the least.

This is not the cycle to apply to medical school lmaooo.

This is not the cycle to apply to medical school lmaooo.
1613844927236.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Applied January 27th, submitted my secondary January 30th, got an II February 19th. They are super efficient lol.

Was able to sign up for the Feb 23rd interview date. There are only a couple slots left, with the last day being March 23rd. I think I'm interviewing for the waitlist sadly but maybe I'll have some luck! :)

The AAMC MCAT Twitter account blocked me for speaking up about the high cost of the MCAT. How's y'all's day?
Currently struggling to decide between ICOM and WesternU Northwest. Completely unsure which direction I am leaning.

• Hmm
Currently struggling to decide between ICOM and WesternU Northwest. Completely unsure which direction I am leaning.
JOIN US. JOIN US. JOIN US. JOIN US. JOIN US. JOIN US.

Seriously tho, DM and I can tell ya why ICOM!

My interview with ICOM is tomorrow morning. I've been preparing by going off of what I've found on SDN, Reddit, and ICOM's website. If any of you have any advice/tips I would greatly appreciate it!