2020-2021 Harvard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i just wanna b part of the interview map

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
people who have interviewed, how are you managing your anxiety for these next two months?? its so hard for me to think about anything else ..

people who have interviewed, how are you managing your anxiety for these next two months?? its so hard for me to think about anything else ..
No one applies to harvard expecting to get in so just chilling and knowing I’m going to be a physician one way or another 😊. Going to HMS won’t affect me knowing I’ll make the most of whatever opportunities are available wherever I’m fortunate to receive an acceptance

• Love
Reactions: 20 users
Members don't see this ad :)
why write a LoI? have they waitlisted you and you want to write one? I believe the adcom operates under the assumption that every single applicant wants to attend Harvard, so I do not see the purpose of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
in my interview nobody asked me fo

why write a LoI? have they waitlisted you and you want to write one? I believe the adcom operates under the assumption that every single applicant wants to attend Harvard, so I do not see the purpose of it.

I was listening to the All Access Podcast w the director of admissions at Harvard, and she said once you're waitlisted, a letter of intent with updates is appreciated and can be very effective! But I don't think a letter right now will be of any use

Reactions: 5 users
I was listening to the All Access Podcast w the director of admissions at Harvard, and she said once you're waitlisted, a letter of intent with updates is appreciated and can be very effective! But I don't think a letter right now will be of any use
well said!

I wrote one because it made me feel warm and fuzzy.

Reactions: 3 users
Current first year here! Let me know what questions you have :)

Members don't see this ad :)
How can I make the next month and a half go faster ? Joke, joke. Hope you guys are doing well in Boston.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

Hey :) do you think that sending a letter of intent to one program (Pathways if I’ve interviewed for both) would make a difference in the final decision?

Hey :) do you think that sending a letter of intent to one program (Pathways if I’ve interviewed for both) would make a difference in the final decision?
I wrote one for peace of mind! Can't say for sure if it helped or hurt

edit: i guess it doesnt hurt

Reactions: 1 user
I sent in a LOI pre-II but am realizing that I did this too late since the interview season is over at Harvard I'm reading on here. Sigh this cycle sucks man

Lol, if this was the final week for interviews, they could have just automatically emailed those who didn't get an II an R

Reactions: 10 users
Lol, if this was the final week for interviews, they could have just automatically emailed those who didn't get an II an R
But also, I read somewhere that Harvard is one of the schools that silently rejects.

But also, I read somewhere that Harvard is one of the schools that silently rejects.
Not surprising at all. They have not even the courtesy of sending a reject letter!

FWIW I sent an update letter because the two clubs I was president of won national awards that year. I eventually got off the WL. At the time, there was actually a relatively high chance of getting off the WL, it was a very small pool. This was ~10 years ago so hard to say how much it applies now.

Hello, I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this since I'm not applying this cycle, but I had a question regarding Harvard's letters of evaluation requirements: Does a premedical advisory committee evaluation packet satisfy all of the requirements for the letters of evaluation or does it only count as one letter towards the minimum of three (2 science + 1 non-science)? I've read the requirements on their website a few times, but am still not totally clear on this. Thanks!
Committee letter is good as long as it has 2 science and 1 non science

Fellow interviewees, how are you coping with this last month of waiting?
Also! Do you guys think it'll be late Feb or early March?? Because I checked and last year decision day was 02/28/20.

Also! Do you guys think it'll be late Feb or early March?? Because I checked and last year decision day was 02/28/20.

They specifically said first week of March!

As far as coping with the wait... chamomile tea and Netflix lmao there's nothing else to do

• Care
I have a feeling it'll be march 5th since its usually been first Friday of march

• Care
going to make sure I enjoy these last four weeks of ignorance before reality hits

It tends to be the last Friday of February or 1st Friday of March. I have a feeling that it will be March 5th, but we could also be surprised on Feb 26th. I'll keep occupying myself with my thesis until then :p

Reactions: 1 users
how did social science MD-PhD applicants like their interview experiences?

I was checking the financial aid part of the website and they haven't updated their 2021 deadlines yet for financial aid. When they do, it can give us a clearer idea of when acceptances are likely to come out!!

Reactions: 4 users
Should everyone who interviewed send financial aid information? I have no clue so I'm just sending my FAFSA/CSS everywhere I interviewed.

Should everyone who interviewed send financial aid information? I have no clue so I'm just sending my FAFSA/CSS everywhere I interviewed.
I may have understood it wrong on their website but what I thought is that we needed to wait for the decision to do that. And after decisions are released, people with A/WL then apply for fin aid.

• Love
Thank you!!!
I may have understood it wrong on their website but what I thought is that we needed to wait for the decision to do that. And after decisions are released, people with A/WL then apply for fin aid.

Seems like, based on the social security # email from this morning, admissions decisions will be released early March, so probably March 5th! Three more weeks!

Reactions: 4 users
Seems like, based on the social security # email from this morning, admissions decisions will be released early March, so probably March 5th! Three more weeks!
What email??

I hadn't submitted my SS# , probably why I got the email.

What email??

The email was for interviewees that hadn't submitted their SSN on the admissions portal. I think its for financial aid purposes in case you are accepted. I'm assuming if you already submitted it then you wouldn't receive the email. I wouldn't read too much into this!

you can check if your SSN has been submitted via the portal>interview tab>additional info

If you don’t mind me asking, how did that email give it away that its march 5? Did it say “early March”? Because I think last year they also said early march and decisions came out late Feb

If you don’t mind me asking, how did that email give it away that its march 5? Did it say “early March”? Because I think last year they also said early march and decisions came out late Feb
Email said admissions decisions will be released early March. Historically As have come out the first Friday of March and sometimes the last of February, so I am assuming March 5th. I hope I am wrong and we hear a week earlier though!