2020-2021 Harvard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are there any IIs still to give out?
On today's SS# email they mentioned that all interviews have been carried out and that adcoms and now meeting to deliberate on As, so I imagine that this cycle's interviews are done.

Members don't see this ad.

for some reason, I have March 6th written down as the decision date. Don't remember if this was said on interview day or what...

On today's SS# email they mentioned that all interviews have been carried out and that adcoms and now meeting to deliberate on As, so I imagine that this cycle's interviews are done.
Hard to believe they're still deliberating on A's... I thought non-rolling schools like HMS just made a composite score after each interview and determine a threshold once all applicants had been scored. Could be wrong though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hard to believe they're still deliberating on A's... I thought non-rolling schools like HMS just made a composite score after each interview and determine a threshold once all applicants had been scored. Could be wrong though.

I imagine it is still possible. The way I remember the process being explained during the interview, each interviewer ends up having a pod of students from which they nominate a select number for further consideration. Then from the total pool of students who were nominated by their respective interviewees they deliberate further, ultimately narrowing down to the final set of A's. Considering their final interviews were conducted a few weeks ago, it is possible this list is still moving, and I can't imagine it to be easy to get down to the last few borderline candidates either. This is my recollection, so someone please correct me if I am wrong!

Reactions: 1 user
It's funny because if you look back at old threads from previous years, every year someone around now mentions the SSN email and everyone else is like "what email???" haha ... means we're getting close i guess!
Do previous years indicate if only applicants with certain decisions received this email? Or have people who got A/WL/R gotten this in past years?

Out of curiosity, is the REACH scholarship available for both HST or Pathways students? Or is it just Pathways?
Also, does anyone know if international students are eligible for that?

Last edited:
Damn. The anxiety

Is anyone else basically Harvard or a reapp (lol how did I find myself here)

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Do you guys think we're gonna hear back on February 26 or on March 6? I feel like it could be either and I'm going crazy
My money is on March 5th. I hope I am wrong, though, and we find out a week earlier!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else try not to think about this school as a potential post-II A so you don't get your hopes too high? I swear I pretend in my mind that I didn't even interview here half the time :rofl:

Reactions: 6 users
Anyone else try not to think about this school as a potential post-II A so you don't get your hopes too high? I swear I pretend in my mind that I didn't even interview here half the time :rofl:
Definitely! Our fate will be sealed in two weeks most likely.

Reactions: 1 users
Right about now is that time when I start thinking "Damn, I really shouldn't have told anyone that I got an interview at Harvard.":scared:

Reactions: 11 users
Right about now is that time when I start thinking "Damn, I really shouldn't have told anyone that I got an interview at Harvard.":scared:
I haven't told anyone I applied to med school. Folks will be shocked if it works out lol

• Haha
Can any M1 confirm the date for when decisions are expected to come out :):):)? Anxiety is getting high and the fact that there’s no exact date is not helping

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Ended up making an account just to be able to post this and get your opinions 🤣
Based on the previous forums the financial aid app opens the Monday after decisions... I checked the FA website and it says 2021-2022 FA app will open the first week of March. We may be hearing back on the 26th 🤭

Reactions: 3 users
Ended up making an account just to be able to post this and get your opinions 🤣
Based on the previous forums the financial aid app opens the Monday after decisions... I checked the FA website and it says 2021-2022 FA app will open the first week of March. We may be hearing back on the 26th 🤭
yeah I think it's definitely possible to hear back on the 26th. Only thing is that we don't know the exact dates for when fin aid will be available. so it's hard to tell whether decisions are gonna come out on feb 26 or march 5

yeah I think it's definitely possible to hear back on the 26th. Only thing is that we don't know the exact dates for when fin aid will be available. so it's hard to tell whether decisions are gonna come out on feb 26 or march 5
100% agree! There’s literally no way of knowing, all conspiracy theories
I only said that because if the decision comes out March 5th, the FA would open the next Monday and that you be the second week of march, you know? And for some reason the FA website says *first* week of March. But who knows.

My money is on March 5th (based on the SS# email), but if it is this week, I won't be mad.

GUYS GUYS GUYS

The HMS financial aid application for incoming MD just updated its due date for this year—it's due on March 15, 2021. Last year it was due on March 16 (17 days after decisions on Feb 28th). What day falls 17 days before March 15?

Feb 26th.....

• Wow
Reactions: 8 users
GUYS GUYS GUYS

The HMS financial aid application for incoming MD just updated its due date for this year—its due on March 15, 2021. Last year it was due on March 16 (17 days after decisions on Feb 28th). What day falls 17 days before March 15?

Feb 26th.....
yeahh its definitely feb 26 then.... because they wouldn't give only 10 days for financial aid.

• Wow
GUYS GUYS GUYS

The HMS financial aid application for incoming MD just updated its due date for this year—it's due on March 15, 2021. Last year it was due on March 16 (17 days after decisions on Feb 28th). What day falls 17 days before March 15?

Feb 26th.....
Yep! Financial aid is always 15 days 🙂 it’s def this week

• Wow
GUYS GUYS GUYS

Feb 26th.....
Mind linking the page? I tried looking but can't find it (this is more a testament to my bad Googling). I really want it to be this week so I can stop (or perhaps continue?) having literal HMS and Boston dreams.

Mind linking the page? I tried looking but can't find it (this is more a testament to my bad Googling). I really want it to be this week so I can stop (or perhaps continue?) having literal HMS and Boston dreams.

Bottom under what’s new

why 10am? (also do you mean 10 est?) Thanks!
yes 10 AM EST sorry I shouldve said that. In the past, decisions have always started to come out at 10 and in waves. I think they start with MSTP As and then HST, and then Pathways As. After that WL/R. That's what I understood from last year's thread but I might be wrong.

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
Lol you guys are sleuths , no chance I would know any of this stuff without you. Whatever the decision, knowing when it will come puts me more at peace. Thank you 🙏🏿

• Care
Reactions: 14 users
somehow knowing exactly when makes me feel more anxious hahaha but I appreciate you guys for the info ❤️

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
I've managed to forget I interviewed at Harvard for over a month, but it's too close now! Thank you so much guys for all the work you do- I would be totally lost right now. Best of luck to everyone on here :)

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Good luck y'all~just wrote my bio thing that gets sent out to admits, and they said that decisions are "just around the corner." YOU ALL WILL BE GREAT, NO MATTER WHAT! I promise. I'll post a longer post in the next few weeks with some deets about the experience of my first year so far. Inbox always open to help people think through their decision!

For everybody—CONGRATS on everything that you have accomplished so far. You should be so incredibly proud of yourself.

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
Good luck y'all~just wrote my bio thing that gets sent out to admits, and they said that decisions are "just around the corner." YOU ALL WILL BE GREAT, NO MATTER WHAT! I promise. I'll post a longer post in the next few weeks with some deets about the experience of my first year so far. Inbox always open to help people think through their decision!

For everybody—CONGRATS on everything that you have accomplished so far. You should be so incredibly proud of yourself.
This is probably very lame but I’m a huge fan of your appearances on multiple threads last year and it brings me immense joy to see you on this thread haha

• Love

"Just around the corner" further cements the idea this we might see decisions this Friday!!! Thanks for sharing your input.

the closer it gets, the more I'm convinced it's going to be an R for me lmaoo so I'm dreading this

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
the closer it gets, the more I'm convinced it's going to be an R for me lmaoo so I'm dreading this
same here... honestly cant wait for the next three days to be over, the waiting game is hard

• Care
The SSN email stated early March. Doesn't that mean it would more likely be March 1 next week?

The SSN email stated early March. Doesn't that mean it would more likely be March 1 next week?
It also said early March last year and decisions came out the last Friday of Feb. So I am pretty sure it's this Friday given the financial aid deadline.

It also said early March last year and decisions came out the last Friday of Feb. So I am pretty sure it's this Friday given the financial aid deadline.
Could someone email admissions office to confirm? Or would they also say early March?