2020-2021 Drexel

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do y’all think being waitlisted earlier than people who are waitlisted later but interviewed on the same day mean anything?
No I remember them saying that they review a small group of applicants randomly every week so people on the same interview day could be reviewed a week later or a month later, it all depends

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
congrats! I interviewed 2/22, WL 4/27 and haven't heard anything :cryi: ; mind sharing your stats/state ties and whether you sent correspondence after getting WLed

No ties, OOS, 511/s3.98c3.96 and no I didn’t send any correspondence after the WL

I was really surprised by this- I immediately went into reapplication as my WL was literally a week before AMCAS opened. I know coming from me doesn’t mean much, but don’t lose hope!! Good luck to you and everyone :)

anybody know if the limit of 3 updates for WL applicants includes letters you sent prior to being waitlisted?

Members don't see this ad :)
does drexel offer merit/medical scholarships to people after april 1st (deadline for medical scholarship)?? i just received my acceptance recently and I called their financial aid office and told me I can't qualify for it because the deadline to submit it has passed and they wont review my scholarship application... is this true??? Really unfair for students like me if thats the case... how am i supposed to qualify for it if I'm not even an accepted student at the time. is it possible this person misspoke?
I asked about this and the response was - “students accepted later in the cycle will still be considered for scholarship monies that will be disbursed until the class is filled”

anyone accepted off the waitlist know when we'll find out which campus we've been assigned to?

BRO I HAVE NOT EVEN GOTTEN AN INITIAL DECISION WHAT IS THIS IMMA HAVE LIKE A MONTH TO FIND A ROOMIE AND AN APT SOMEWHERE OMGGGGG

edit: interviewed in March lol

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
BRO I HAVE NOT EVEN GOTTEN AN INITIAL DECISION WHAT IS THIS IMMA HAVE LIKE A MONTH TO FIND A ROOMIE AND AN APT SOMEWHERE OMGGGGG
I can relate. I am on the waitlist here and at another school but my lease expires at the end of the month. This process is not very conducive to planning. It’s either hold off and risk not matriculating or find a new roommate and lease that I will have to break if there does happen to be movement. It’s terrible.

Any March interviewees get a decision yet?
Interviewed 3/11 and got WL'd on 5/4. Hope if it's taking longer for you that you're more likely to get the A! Hoping for the best for you!

Members don't see this ad :)

Same here except I interviewed in mid-April. Feeling really anxious right about now in case I have to move across the country on super short notice :( lol

And then there’s us who interviewed in April :’)
Where do we fill out the scholarship app?

Accepted off the WL today! Literally just posted about getting my WL on 5/4

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Got a $25k per year scholarship!!!!
That’s amazing!!!!!! Congrats!!!! When were you accepted? Did you fill out the scholarship application form? Or did you email them about anything? I’ve been waiting to hear back about a scholarship and I’ve been wondering if I need to do anything else to be considered :/

That’s amazing!!!!!! Congrats!!!! When were you accepted? Did you fill out the scholarship application form? Or did you email them about anything? I’ve been waiting to hear back about a scholarship and I’ve been wondering if I need to do anything else to be considered :/
I filled out the online app but did so after their listed deadline. Accepted in early April. Didn’t do anything in addition to that. Wasn’t expecting to receive one tbh, it was out of the blue

Last edited:
Does Drexel historical have a decent wave of A’s off the waitlist post April 30th or is it likely to just trickle in?

Same here interviewed March 16th

• Sad
my application is still on hold... I want to do an interview!

I know people have been saying they are done interviewing, but I just got a weird email from Drexel essentially saying while they are not inviting me to interview yet, that they have elected to hold my application for reevaluation (Most likely due to how late in the cycle I submitted my application). Has anyone else received an email like this? Wondering why they would even bother saying this if they are done with interviews

anyone interviewed first week of april hear back yet? or will be hear back soon?

I feel like waitlist movement so far has been pretty slow. Maybe a lot of the movement is not reported on SDN.

Reactions: 5 users
anyone interviewed first week of april hear back yet? or will be hear back soon?
I interviewed 4/7 and nothing yet. I was told I would hear a decision in 8-10 weeks during my interview, so I’m not expecting to hear anything until June 😞

Reactions: 2 users
I think I read earlier that Drexel gives people 21 days to decide if they want their A (if they get it off the WL)? Maybe as those deadlines approach there will be more movement! Trying to stay hopeful:)

I interviewed end of April and I was wondering what that exactly means.. Like I'm still waiting for a decision and they told us some will get As right off the bat, and some will get WL. Does anyone have any insight on how DUCOM works with these late interviews?

I interviewed end of April and I was wondering what that exactly means.. Like I'm still waiting for a decision and they told us some will get As right off the bat, and some will get WL. Does anyone have any insight on how DUCOM works with these late interviews?
I interview mid April and they told us we would hear back in 6-8 weeks. So June. It’s unfortunate but it is what it is. I’ve been working on re-apps just in case.

I was accepted from the waitlist on Friday, so pretty recently. Hoping for the best for you! Keep up hope!
Congrats!! Did you send any letters of interest or updates? Also what are your stats if you don't mind me asking?

Congrats!! Did you send any letters of interest or updates? Also what are your stats if you don't mind me asking?
I sent an update before my II. I was waitlisted on 5/4 and accepted on 5/7, so not much time to send another update haha. I was planning to send one on or around 5/22 though. PM for my stats

If I was put on hold but havent been interviewed by now i'm assuming its an R right? Got accepted to LECOM so I'm good but Drexel is my last school I havent heard back from

If I was put on hold but havent been interviewed by now i'm assuming its an R right? Got accepted to LECOM so I'm good but Drexel is my last school I havent heard back from
They'll reject you in OMS-2.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
just got accepted off the waitlist. Int 1/26, waitlist 5/10, acceptance 5/14. really crazy bc they never got back to me for like 5 months. Also, it was my first int ever and i thought it went awfully, so guys there's hope.

for the stat seekers: 512, gpa: 3.9, oos.

• Care
Reactions: 11 users
just got accepted off the waitlist. Int 1/26, waitlist 5/10, acceptance 5/14. really crazy bc they never got back to me for like 5 months. Also, it was my first int ever and i thought it went awfully, so guys there's hope.

for the stat seekers: 512, gpa: 3.9, oos.
Does Drexel call or email?

anyone else get the follow up waitlist email and get so excited only to realize you're still on the waitlist

• Haha
Reactions: 15 users
Does anyone remember how many additional students will matriculate this year because of the new Reading campus?