2020-2021 Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine (CUSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Would any current students be willing to talk about their experience at Campbell, the curriculum, the rotation sites, life in Lillington, or any other relevant info that would help me decide if I should interview here or not? I already have an acceptance at ACOM and I'm wondering how they compare since they both seem to encourage primary care/rural medicine. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone interviewed yet? If so, how long is it? I took the day off but trying to figure out if I can still make a late-afternoon work meeting that would be a pain to have to make up.

It's 3 hours in all. There's two 30 minute interviews and the rest of the time is a presentation about CUSOM and time to speak with current students.

Members don't see this ad :)
Could any current students speak about the "christian environment" that Campbell has? How often is religion referenced day to day in lectures or in conversations with classmates? I am personally not religious and am curious how much it influences the culture at the school

Reactions: 1 users
Withdrew my interview! Hopefully it goes to one of you!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
I just received an II and withdrew! Wish you all good luck!! :)

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Son just got an II yesterday as well. He was complete in early August (probably around 8/10).

Withdrew my interview! Hopefully it goes to one of you!
@voppp Congrats on the II and much respect for withdrawing if you know it is not the school for you. BTW, my son just got an II yesterday, so you may have freed up the slot for him (again, thanks!). I see in you signature block you've received an A. Congrats!!! Which school will be fortunate to have you if you decide to attend?

Could any current students speak about the "christian environment" that Campbell has? How often is religion referenced day to day in lectures or in conversations with classmates? I am personally not religious and am curious how much it influences the culture at the school
It's not that bad (I'm an atheist).
The student body is diverse religiously so it doesn't come up in conversation with classmates that much unless you bring it up. In lecture, it's usually not relevant. There are a couple of professors who like to lead prayer before lectures, but that's not the norm. There might be prayers or passing references to Christianity at larger school events, but that's not something that really happens day-to-day. The only time a Christian bias really shows in curriculum is in wellness/professionalism lectures about spirituality and health or similar topics.

@voppp Congrats on the II and much respect for withdrawing if you know it is not the school for you. BTW, my son just got an II yesterday, so you may have freed up the slot for him (again, thanks!). I see in you signature block you've received an A. Congrats!!! Which school will be fortunate to have you if you decide to attend?

I hope I was able to do that for your son! I got into Touro Nevada!

Reactions: 1 users
Rejected post interview, boy does that burn like bacon

Accepted! Interviewed 9/14. I loved the interview and the faculty, and am super excited about this school!

Reactions: 3 users
Has anybody been placed on hold post-secondary/ pre II? Any advice on what I should do? One of my top choice schools!

I was accepted to LUCOM
Congrats! My son actually got an R from LUCOM. BUT....he just got an A from LMU DCOM yesterday!!!! So happy he's got an A. Wishing you well with LUCOM. My daughter and son-in-law both got undergrads from LU and I got my MBA from there. As you probably know, there have been some positive changes with Liberty recently. It will only make them better.

Reactions: 4 users
Congrats! My son actually got an R from LUCOM. BUT....he just got an A from LMU DCOM yesterday!!!! So happy he's got an A. Wishing you well with LUCOM. My daughter and son-in-law both got undergrads from LU and I got my MBA from there. As you probably know, there have been some positive changes with Liberty recently. It will only make them better.
hopefully, the drama goes away, that's all I have to say.

Current MS-1 here at Campbell enjoying finals week! Feel free to PM if you have any questions (I'm not able to check this thread that frequently). Good luck everyone!

Essentially never

Hi,
I was recently accepted to Campbell University, and I was wondering if you could tell me a little bit more about your experience there? And any other OSM students out there?
@staphasaurus @slp2356

Last edited:
I'm thinking about driving up this weekend to explore the area myself. Any locals/MS's want to share a little insider info? I heard mixed things at the info session - some said it's nice because its rural/no distractions and close enough to things to do, others said too boony-ish for their taste. I don't care about bars/clubs/shopping, but I am curious about things like:

A) Outdoors: Parks, recreation, woods, water, campgrounds, scenery, weather, etc.
B) Culture: People, museums, diversity of food/establishments, educational opportunities
C) Livability: Cost of living, safety, can you see yourself living here (or where you might end up for residency) long-term?

Any input appreciated. :) Thanks!

Reactions: 2 users
I'm thinking about driving up this weekend to explore the area myself. Any locals/MS's want to share a little insider info? I heard mixed things at the info session - some said it's nice because its rural/no distractions and close enough to things to do, others said too boony-ish for their taste. I don't care about bars/clubs/shopping, but I am curious about things like:

A) Outdoors: Parks, recreation, woods, water, campgrounds, scenery, weather, etc.
B) Culture: People, museums, diversity of food/establishments, educational opportunities
C) Livability: Cost of living, safety, can you see yourself living here (or where you might end up for residency) long-term?

Any input appreciated. :) Thanks!

I drove up and am walking around the campus tomorrow :)

Anyone else a reapplicant and had to list the schools you applied to on the secondary?
I applied to ~30 MD schools last cycle, should I really list them all

Anyone else a reapplicant and had to list the schools you applied to on the secondary?
I applied to ~30 MD schools last cycle, should I really list them all
I didn't list them all, just gave a rough number as you did above (~30).

For those that interviewed this cycle, what platform does CUSOM use to conduct the virtual interviews? Zoom? Received a last minute II on Friday for tomorrow and wanted to make sure I’m set! Complete 8/18.
Thank you and good luck to everyone applying!!

Hi Guys, Im currently writing the secondary essays. In the first question I mentioned a lot about how my spirituality helped me determine that medicine was right for me... Reading this thread it seems that the Christian aspect of the mission isn't exactly shown too much by the school. Should I write more about helping underprivileged/ rural communities instead? If anyone wants to read what I wrote to see what Im talking about just message me.. Thanks!!

Hi Guys, Im currently writing the secondary essays. In the first question I mentioned a lot about how my spirituality helped me determine that medicine was right for me... Reading this thread it seems that the Christian aspect of the mission isn't exactly shown too much by the school. Should I write more about helping underprivileged/ rural communities instead? If anyone wants to read what I wrote to see what Im talking about just message me.. Thanks!!
Hey i got accepted and they really love and emphasize serving and working with rural and underserved populations so I would stress that in ur essays