2020-2021 Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine (CUSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just recieved an II!! My first one of the cycle too :)
Congrats!! When were you complete?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
II received via email today. Secondary submitted 6/26. Application complete 7/7.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II! Secondary submitted 7/1. Complete 7/8. Does anyone know the percentage of people they give IIs to post-secondary?

I was complete on 6/30 :( Anyone without an MCAT receive an II?

Interview invite received as well! Submitted late June/ early July if it helps.

Last edited:
Complete on 7/9, no MCAT yet. Still waiting on an interview

Hey. for the "Please list the names and relationship of any physicians who guided your decision to pursue a career in medicine." on the app did you guys put down physicians you shadowed? or was this section strictly for your so called medical advisors?

For those who received an II, they said to send any updates prior to the interview. I haven't really considered sending any schools but what kind of updates are usually important to include for med schools? Would new clinical experiences that you started after the submission of the primaries/secondaries count?

For those who received an II, they said to send any updates prior to the interview. I haven't really considered sending any schools but what kind of updates are usually important to include for med schools? Would new clinical experiences that you started after the submission of the primaries/secondaries count?
yep! those would be updates

Interview invite received as well! Submitted late June/ early July if it helps.

My undergraduate stats were not stellar (below 3.5 cGPA) but I had postbaccalaureate experience and a strong MCAT.
What would consider a strong mcat

Members don't see this ad :)
How should they be sent formally? Should they be written in a separate document attached to an email or within the email itself, or does it not matter?
typically either works! if you want to be more formal and on the safe side, i would attach a doc

Got complete email last Friday, I hope to get an II soon

II received today as well! First of the cycle. OOS. cGPA 3.6 MCAT 511

Interview invite received 8/18!

How were the interviews? Can PM if you like
Super relaxed. There were two of them; the first was more traditional (why osteopathic, why Campbell, etc.) but still very relaxed. Second one was basically just a chat (We talked about cucumbers for 15 minutes)

Have you gotten a chance to explore the area? Do you like it? I love the Carolinas but have typically been on the Blue-Ridge side or coast. Is the area scenic? Things to do?
I live in Fuquay (25 mins from campus) and it's a decent sized town (also 20 mins from Raleigh if I need something more). Around campus though there isn't much. Lots of hiking though if that's your thing

I live in Fuquay (25 mins from campus) and it's a decent sized town (also 20 mins from Raleigh if I need something more). Around campus though there isn't much. Lots of hiking though if that's your thing
Def my thing lol. Thanks for the info. Does Raleigh have some cool culture? I've really only spent time on the coast and in Charlotte.

Def my thing lol. Thanks for the info. Does Raleigh have some cool culture? I've really only spent time on the coast and in Charlotte.
Definitely does, it's a pretty decent sized city. Lots of bars and restaurants and the minor league baseball in Durham (right next door to Raleigh) is always pretty fun too, if we ever get to go to baseball games again.

People receiving II's anyone with like a 500-502 MCAT?

Hello! Does anyone know if CUSOM is "holistic" about the GPA screen? My science GPA is just below 3.2, but I have a 513 MCAT :)

Hello! Does anyone know if CUSOM is "holistic" about the GPA screen? My science GPA is just below 3.2, but I have a 513 MCAT :)
Was given a pre-II R from CUSOM last week with a cGPA of 3.3 but an sGPA barely below 3.2. MCAT is a 516 which I thought might push me through the screen here. Sadly it did not :'(

I did mine as early as I could but I have to get class off uhg

That's why I had to pick 10/5! The attendance policy for my Orgo 2 lab is nuts because of COVID, and I can't get out of it.

I’m extremely confused here. I have no misdemeanors or felonies but I have a speeding ticket in ct from 2017. Is this what they are asking?
AF44D6B4-9B50-4AF6-9FC6-644F53B7C597.jpeg

Was given a pre-II R from CUSOM last week with a cGPA of 3.3 but an sGPA barely below 3.2. MCAT is a 516 which I thought might push me through the screen here. Sadly it did not :'(

Similar situation happened to me :(

• Sad
Hey everyone! I’m an OMS-1 at CUSOM this year. If anyone has any questions about anything, feel free to PM me! I wish y’all the best of luck in this cycle!