2020-2021 California Health Sciences University College of Osteopathic Medicine (CHSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
From what I’ve seen in this thread is that classes are mandatory and in-person even with Covid-19. Especially since the nature of the curriculum involves team-based learning
I have friends who attend CHSU, they said all classes including labs and exams have been exclusively online since October. They are getting vaccines as M1s as well. What this means for next year‘s class is anyone’s guess.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I have friends who attend CHSU, they said all classes including labs and exams have been exclusively online since October. They are getting vaccines as M1s as well. What this means for next year‘s class is anyone’s guess.
interesting......... thanks for the info!

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the call this afternoon at 1pm! This is my first acceptance, so I'm super grateful :)
Honestly, I thought I performed pretty poorly on the interview so I was quite surprised!

Reactions: 1 users
Would it be possible for everyone that is WL to say so or PM me? I want to see if I can figure out how many people are in the WL +/- 7

Anyone from 1/11 morning session get the call? Or decision

Anyone from 1/11 morning session get the call? Or decision
Hopefully still a chance if you hear back next week for an A. I’ve seen your username in some other schools’s SDN. How is the cycle? Any thoughts on Noorda?

Hopefully still a chance if you hear back next week for an A. I’ve seen your username in some other schools’s SDN. How is the cycle? Any thoughts on Noorda?
Hey! It’s been a struggle haha. I’ve had three II luckily as a low gpa applicant. No A’s so I really hope one comes through. Noorda seems great, but very new. Feel free to PM if you want to talk about anything!

Members don't see this ad :)
Aren’t those both the same thing.

but I am from Cali, and all my family live in the Central Valley.
ya meant to ask if you're from central valley if from Cali lol

You got a great chance of getting off waitlist imo if from California and I saw you have a 510 mcat. I would just take some classes to raise sGPA until the waitlist movement happens. Good luck! :)

ya meant to ask if you're from central valley if from Cali lol

You got a great chance of getting off waitlist imo if from California and I saw you have a 510 mcat. I would just take some classes to raise sGPA until the waitlist movement happens. Good luck! :)
I completely agree with your recommendations! Thanks for the advice!

I have an A here but also have an A for UQ-Ochsner (IMG) which starts next week. I know everyone says US MD>US DO>IMG but is that really the case for this specific school? Given I do not want to pursue primary care?

I have an A here but also have an A for UQ-Ochsner (IMG) which starts next week. I know everyone says US MD>US DO>IMG but is that really the case for this specific school? Given I do not want to pursue primary care?
Congrats! Its not that they ONLY train for your primary care here. ya every school has a focused pathways centered around their mission yet they expose students to variety of specialties. I know that for this school, they already have contracts with a lot of different clinics in the area which are just not primary care.
The only downside tho of attending this school might be future those pursuing surgery cz they don't got no cadaver lab as of YET.

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats! UQ-Ochsner starts next week?? So soon! Whatever decision you make, I wish you luck :)

• Love
so how is everyone planning to tackle that tuition. just got the email today...92k!???!

Out of curiosity, has anyone on the WL received any updates?

so how is everyone planning to tackle that tuition. just got the email today...92k!???!
Yuppp haha
Nope, we’ll be getting monthly updates eventually but idk when they start
Probably in May? It looks like they’ll be interviewing right up around April 30th with their app deadline extended from February to March. Kind of losing hope here lol

WL coming in hot! We gotta hang on! Matey Matey!!! We going down! xD

• Haha
Hey everyone.

1. Is the interview one 20 minute long interview with two faculty members? Is it mostly conversational and do you guys have any tips to prepare?

2. Also, what exactly is the team-based learning experience? Is this something that we're being evaluated on and how did you guys prepare for this?

Hey everyone.

1. Is the interview one 20 minute long interview with two faculty members? Is it mostly conversational and do you guys have any tips to prepare?

2. Also, what exactly is the team-based learning experience? Is this something that we're being evaluated on and how did you guys prepare for this?
I interviewed on 1/25, afternoon sesh.
The interview consists of 3 questions that everyone in your session gets. For me I only had one interviewer. The questions are not about anything specific to your app.
I don’t know if they will reuse the 3 questions but you should be probably prepared to answer about:
1. Why DO?/why medicine
2. How much you know about the healthcare situation of the Central Valley
3. CHSU mission or something
4. Any more info about yourself that isn’t on your app

The TBL is just a fun activity to do, it doesn’t have any bearing on your admissions decision but at the same time I wouldn’t peace out before it lol.

I interviewed on 1/25, afternoon sesh.
The interview consists of 3 questions that everyone in your session gets. For me I only had one interviewer. The questions are not about anything specific to your app.
I don’t know if they will reuse the 3 questions but you should be probably prepared to answer about:
1. Why DO?/why medicine
2. How much you know about the healthcare situation of the Central Valley
3. CHSU mission or something
4. Any more info about yourself that isn’t on your app

The TBL is just a fun activity to do, it doesn’t have any bearing on your admissions decision but at the same time I wouldn’t peace out before it lol.
How many peeps interviewed in your session?

Anyone get the waitlist survey email today? Or a confirmation after completing the survey

Accepted! got the call at around 5:15 pm. So happy as this was my first choice :)

Reactions: 6 users
II today at 11:30am PST !! secondary received 10/16, complete 11/15, II 2/2

509/3.5 and 3.98 SMP, IS, no ties to central valley

its been super quiet from all my schools so this was a nice surprise. scheduled for 2/8 interview and the next available date looked like 3/8

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
What are the next interview dates that’s available in February aside from 2/8? Or any dates in late March?

Hi, do your friends have any information on research opportunities? I remember at my interview they said research opportunities were only available case by case? Basically they were implying there were no research opportunities I think. Is that true do you know? Thanks

Hi, do your friends have any information on research opportunities? I remember at my interview they said research opportunities were only available case by case? Basically they were implying there were no research opportunities I think. Is that true do you know? Thanks
There won’t really be much research except for a capstone research project from one of the adcom’s answer. I think among the DO schools, there are only few schools like KCU-COM that has some more research opportunities

I found an interview on my portal but no email lol

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Did anyone who interviewed 2/1 hear back yet?
Biting Nails Reaction GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Do you guys have the zoom link for tomorrow's interview (morning session), I have not received anything yet and dont know if I should reach out.

Do you guys have the zoom link for tomorrow's interview (morning session), I have not received anything yet and dont know if I should reach out.
That's strange.. I interviewed quite a while ago, but I just went back to check- I received the link on 8/21 for a 8/24 interview. I'm not sure if they've changed the "send link a few days prior to interview" policy but if your interview is tomorrow I'd definitely reach out.

Looks like there have been new acceptances based on the FB page :/
I may be wrong but I am pretty sure they don't add people to the FB group until they have committed to the school and paid the deposit and that could be people from any interview date really...

I may be wrong but I am pretty sure they don't add people to the FB group until they have committed to the school and paid the deposit and that could be people from any interview date really...
I thought so too, but my buddy from this thread and myself have been tracking it closely and noted a steady increase in the number of acceptances corresponding to interview dates over this cycle with decreases in the number on the group page whenever there was a deposit deadline. It’s a good rough estimate of the application acceptances in real time :) With consideration that not every applicant has a FB account. The neuroticism drives a lot of the obsession when it’s your top pick school lol

The fb group increase as well as DECREASES which may indicate peeps who accept and join the group and then decide not to go there...