2021-2022 California Health Sciences University College of Osteopathic Medicine (CHSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator when the secondary prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Do you have to have ties to central Cali for this school? My significant other lives in Cali but not central.

Just received my secondary here!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
can you post the prompts
1. CHSU-COM values a diverse student body that reflects our region and our world. Please explain how you personally would contribute to diversity at CHSU-COM.

2. Describe some common healthcare disparities that may be found in a resource-limited area, such as the California Central Valley. How might the presence of CHSU-COM help to alleviate those disparities

I submitted my secondary here. While it is a new school, I like their mission. Unfortunately, still have to take the CASPer before my app moves along.

Have any of you had trouble activating your secondary invitation?

1. CHSU-COM values a diverse student body that reflects our region and our world. Please explain how you personally would contribute to diversity at CHSU-COM.

2. Describe some common healthcare disparities that may be found in a resource-limited area, such as the California Central Valley. How might the presence of CHSU-COM help to alleviate those disparities
Is there a word or character limit for the secondary?

Is anyone waiting for their LORs to be marked received?

Just got the interview invite! First one of the cycle- so excited!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II this morning, interviewed here last year hopefully this time I can get an A.

Reactions: 1 users
Just got the interview invite! First one of the cycle- so excited!
Amazing! When were you marked complete / submitted the secondary?

My Letters of Rec are still under review when I check the status portal, might be because I sent this out last week.

II this morning as well, excited! My first app cycle

My Letters of Rec are still under review when I check the status portal, might be because I sent this out last week.
My letters of rec are still under review, submitted 7/13

My letters of rec are still under review, submitted 7/13
Submitted 7/17, still under review. It looks like they reviewed the earlier applicants, offered their II, maybe this coming week they will complete our applications :)

My Letters of Rec are still under review when I check the status portal, might be because I sent this out last week
Submitted 7/2, marked complete 7/13 :)

Anyone know how long I should wait till I consider this a soft-R? Submitted secondary 7/7, app marked complete 7/14

Anyone know how long I should wait till I consider this a soft-R? Submitted secondary 7/7, app marked complete 7/14
It’s only been a little over a week… last cycle I got a II four months after I was complete

any advice for the interview here? I saw some interview questions on the FAQ page and was wondering if those are the ones they ask us?

I’m in the same boat .. submitted 07/01, marked complete 07/13 :/
I dont think it would be an R until atleast 1-2 months go by. A Week or 2 is nothing, remember the schools get so many applications, its not possible to go through all of them in 1-2 weeks

Interviewed today, I think it went well! Hoping to hear back soon, I saw last year they gave decisions the same week sometimes.

Reactions: 2 users
Haven't heard anything yet, I recall during the interview they said it might take 2 weeks or more since they're just starting out
Yea same, I was just going based off last year they usually interview Monday and call Friday. The first group interviewed 8/3 and got called 8/7 🙏🏽 Goodluck to all of us!

Yea same, I was just going based off last year they usually interview Monday and call Friday. The first group interviewed 8/3 and got called 8/7 🙏🏽 Goodluck to all of us!
Yea I saw the same, not gonna lie I got my phone near me and have been waiting haha

Any guess on when the first round of acceptances might go out?

Looks like only one round of interviews so far right?

There are two "groups" each day (~10 applicants in mine). Tip: get well acquainted with the four questions listed in the FAQ portion of their portal :) I didn't realize the 20min interview was going to be closed (in that your interviewer knows nothing about your application). Also, sounds like after the interview, the Adcom evaluates the whole application. Said it should take around 2ish weeks to hear back. Good luck to everyone!

Does anyone know the post interview acceptance rate?
not sure since its still new, but they said they are accepting like 150 ish students for the third class which is full capacity so more spots than the previous 2 years

Surprised we didn’t hear anything today…

Happy Monday - all aboard the stress train LOL

Everyone else waiting to hear back still about acceptances??

Reactions: 2 users
Happy Monday - all aboard the stress train LOL

Everyone else waiting to hear back still about acceptances??
Yup, I interviewed 8/2 still waiting, hopefully we hear back by this friday