2020-2021 California Health Sciences University College of Osteopathic Medicine (CHSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Would anyone say there still plenty of time left to get an interview here?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just received an ii! IS, complete 11/18. :)

I was shocked to see that the interview is only 20 minutes with two faculty. Not sure if this means two, 20 minute interviews or one with two faculty :oops:

Reactions: 4 users

I was shocked to see that the interview is only 20 minutes with two faculty. Not sure if this means two, 20 minute interviews or one with two faculty :oops:

one 20 minute long interview with 1 or 2 faculty members

Reactions: 3 users
one 20 minute long interview with 1 or 2 faculty members

Thanks for the clarification! :)
Is this the main thing that they're evaluating us on, or is the "team-based Learning" exercise also evaluated?

Reactions: 1 user

Wow that was a quick turnaround! Do you have ties to the central valley?

Wow that was a quick turnaround! Do you have ties to the central valley?
Yeah, I'm surprised how quick it was too! I'm from the Bay, but work/ went to school in the Central valley

Wow!! This school is on top of it! Just got the call. Interviewed Monday. So impressed with their technology and the interview in general. Very cool school. OOS.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow!! This school is on top of it! Just got the call. Interviewed Monday. So impressed with their technology and the interview in general. Very cool school. OOS.
Congratulations! Yeah they have fairly quick turnaround compared to other schools

Got a phone call yesterday, received A. Will decline before this phone call received an A from a MD school

• Love
Just got the II yesterday!!!!!!! but will be declining..
CA resident no ties to the central valley, LizzyM 68, complete mid-August!

• Love
Hi everyone! I was wondering if any other students who interviewed on 12/14, other than the two who received an A last week, have heard back yet. Congratulations to both students who were accepted!

Just got the II yesterday!!!!!!! but will be declining..
CA resident no ties to the central valley, LizzyM 68, complete mid-August!
Thank you for giving all these details without people asking + opening another II slot. You the real MVP :cryi:

• Care
Thank you for giving all these details without people asking + opening another II slot. You the real MVP :cryi:
LOLLL now i feel like a... (can't think of the adjective but not good )! I just assumed some of the details that I would have asked someone who got an II especially since I've heard nothing from this school since late august!

• Love
Does anyone know when the most recent interview invites were sent out and when will the next round of interviews be sent out ? Patient;y waiting to hear back from this school.

Just received an II, complete 10/26 (due to LOR issues). Available dates 1/25, 2/1

II right now as well, submitted secondary 9/5. Never got complete email.

Also just got a II invite! :soexcited:So excited this school looks great! Anyone have any prep tips for the faculty interviews + group activity?

Just got the call for acceptance!!! Interviewed earlier this week :)

Reactions: 6 users
Got the acceptance call earlier today!! Interviewed on Monday 1/4.

Just interviewed here,

i would really love to go here, but not feeling so great about my interview. Hoping for some miracle.

Would love to know this too!
If either of you finds out can you update us? they gave me a sassy email response in November & looks like they extended the application deadline to 3/1. I tried calling a few times, but no answer.

If either of you finds out can you update us? they gave me a sassy email response in November & looks like they extended the application deadline to 3/1. I tried calling a few times, but no answer.
What did they say?

I think they extended the app cycle from February to March, right?

I have interview here coming up and am very excited as this is my #1 choice. Does anybody know what the group activity is and have any tips?

Thank you!

I have interview here coming up and am very excited as this is my #1 choice. Does anybody know what the group activity is and have any tips?

Thank you!

There is no group activity? maybe you are referring to TBL session?

Really? That means the waitlist movement might occur soon!!!!
Ahhh if only 😭 them extending their deadline probably means they’re trying to interview more applicants for offering additional acceptances. Significant WL movements will probably happen around late April and May

Any 1/11 interviewees hear back yet, or expect to hear back today?

Can any current students speak to how many in-person classes are mandatory? Or are there lots of streaming/virtual options? My wife just interviewed at Stanford and Pali Alto for grad school which is 3 hours away from Fresno. I’ve been accepted to CHSU already and am worried about how we are going to make this situation work. If most of the classes were virtual, then I could commute any other days, but I was hoping for some current student input!

Can any current students speak to how many in-person classes are mandatory? Or are there lots of streaming/virtual options? My wife just interviewed at Stanford and Pali Alto for grad school which is 3 hours away from Fresno. I’ve been accepted to CHSU already and am worried about how we are going to make this situation work. If most of the classes were virtual, then I could commute any other days, but I was hoping for some current student input!
I thought that all classes were in person?

From what I’ve seen in this thread is that classes are mandatory and in-person even with Covid-19. Especially since the nature of the curriculum involves team-based learning

From what I’ve seen in this thread is that classes are mandatory and in-person even with Covid-19. Especially since the nature of the curriculum involves team-based learning
Right they have large classrooms tho and they all wear masks

Looks like yet another waitlist since I haven’t heard back yet.