2020-2021 California Health Sciences University College of Osteopathic Medicine (CHSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If I don't hear back by thursday, should I email admissions to see where my admission status stands? I don't want to seem like over demanding or anything... Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

If I don't hear back by thursday, should I email admissions to see where my admission status stands? I don't want to seem like over demanding or anything... Thoughts
did you already interview?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
oh I wouldn't email to ask about my interview decision. I would check to see if anyone else from your interview day has heard back yet.
Thanks, I believe above one or two people have gotten responses such as A but I will wait for thursday to come if nothing comes today

I interviewed here last week and I’m grateful to have had the chance since I’m really excited about this school, but I don’t think I did great. I felt like it was “okay” and not sure I did my best since I got a little too nervous.
Guess I have to wait a little more than another week and half :/ I really hope I get in.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Just withdrew my A - hoping it goes to one of you awesome people on the WL.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Thanks :) Did you get your acceptance today? When was your interview? Sorry for all the questions lol
I got it a while back (interviewed 10/5 and A 10/9) but I just deposited to a different school last week. Although I'm pulling out, it was a really hard decision, CHSU def has a lot to offer.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone gotten accepted here with low mcat? like 502-505?

has anyone gotten accepted here with low mcat? like 502-505?
I’m curious too. I have a 503 and got an II, but highly doubt that will get an A. In the end, they pick stats even if the interview goes well

I’m curious too. I have a 503 and got an II, but highly doubt that will get an A. In the end, they pick stats even if the interview goes well
Atleast you got a II. I have a 510 from CA with no Interview invite yet...

Got the A! Called me at 4pm on Friday, right after work.

Born in Fresno
Most recent MCAT = 508
Overall GPA = 3.58
Science GPA = 3.35
Post-Bacc GPA = 4.0

Edit: Interviewed 11/23 - Morning Session
Finished Secondary Application on 10/13

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
has anyone from the 11/23 session heard back? how long did it take for them to get back to you?

so i interviewed on monday and i’m really anxious and sad bc my mcat is really low and i feel as if they are only accepting people with higher mcat’s.... how long did it take y’all to get a response after interviewing?

so i interviewed on monday and i’m really anxious and sad bc my mcat is really low and i feel as if they are only accepting people with higher mcat’s.... how long did it take y’all to get a response after interviewing?

usually takes about a week or two. Regarding your mcat concern: just know that they accept students with anywhere from 500 to 518 score. so range is huge but the median last year was 507. Stats isn't the only thing they consider.

usually takes about a week or two. Regarding your mcat concern: just know that they accept students with anywhere from 500 to 518 score. so range is huge but the median last year was 507. Stats isn't the only thing they consider.
Do they accept anyone with a 499 or below?

Just withdrew my Acceptance here! I hope it goes to one of you deserving people on the Waitlist! Good luck to the rest who are interviewing =)

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
Anyone get any IIs recently? I was complete 10/19 but haven't heard anything. Thanks!!!

I have not received the link for my interview next week. Should I call them? Anyone had been interviewed when did you receive your link for the zoom meeting?

Just withdrew my acceptance- hoping the A goes to someone on the waitlist soon!

• Love
i know it’s not all about stats but i feel like it’s what is going to keep me from getting accepted here :( i also ran out of time during my interview and did not get to thank my interviewer so now i’m getting really worried :(

Interesting... Well keep us updated or anyone for that matter!
i know it’s not all about stats but i feel like it’s what is going to keep me from getting accepted here :( i also ran out of time during my interview and did not get to thank my interviewer so now i’m getting really worried :(
Don’t be too hard on yourself. I ended mine a little too soon since I got a bit nervous. I ended up with a WL, but you may get an A. Have hope :) good luck!

WLed, interviewed this past Monday.

Last edited:
Have there been any Rs post-II? I haven’t seen any. I wonder if their WL is a silent R since I see a lot of WL, but no Rs. Curious

How many peeps on here WL? If you guys could like my comment just to get an estimate, that would be fantastic, if not- thats alright too! Just wanted to get a rough approx!

How many peeps on here WL? If you guys could like my comment just to get an estimate, that would be fantastic, if not- thats alright too! Just wanted to get a rough approx!
Not a good way to gauge the number, I bet you half or more of the people who got interviewed do not have SDN or are not active. The best bet would be to call or email them asking how many people are accepted/waitlisted and how many got off last year. Keep in mind they interviewed more people this year so a possibility that fewer people get off but I am not a crystal ball.

Not a good way to gauge the number, I bet you half or more of the people who got interviewed do not have SDN or are not active. The best bet would be to call or email them asking how many people are accepted/waitlisted and how many got off last year. Keep in mind they interviewed more people this year so a possibility that fewer people get off but I am not a crystal ball.
True, I have a buddy that asked but they did not give a solid answer ofc... I believe approximating may be a better answer but ofc its impossible to tell. Those students tho are just as likely to not take their A or WL due to same reason some students here don't. I guess we all are gonna sit back, tense up, and then relax with some hot cocoa xD

• Care
True, I have a buddy that asked but they did not give a solid answer ofc... I believe approximating may be a better answer but ofc its impossible to tell. Those students tho are just as likely to not take their A or WL due to same reason some students here don't. I guess we all are gonna sit back, tense up, and then relax with some hot cocoa xD
Winter is here, that hot cocoa sounds like a bet, I need some eggnog too. Hopefully, we get off the waitlist.

• Care
Winter is here, that hot cocoa sounds like a bet, I need some eggnog too. Hopefully, we get off the waitlist.
All of us and we can reunite with calmness and die together in med school! In fun times and in study times!

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 1 users
Hello, anyone in here that is A and can explain the sharp decrease in fb peeps in the CHSU fb group for class of 2025?

Hello, anyone in here that is A and can explain the sharp decrease in fb peeps in the CHSU fb group for class of 2025?

people receiving As from other schools, mostly UCs and also cz the deadline to submit first deposit has expired this week.