2020-2021 California Health Sciences University College of Osteopathic Medicine (CHSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone here who got an A off the WL who interviewed much earlier? I’m noticing most WL acceptances for people who interviewed here much more recently

Members don't see this ad.

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users
Withdrawing my A here, hope the spot goes to one of you soon! Sending good vibes 🤞🏽

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know whats going on? Doesnt seem like a lot of WL movement, even though its June... 🙃

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Anyone know whats going on? Doesnt seem like a lot of WL movement, even though its June... 🙃
Yea curious as well, two ppl withdrew their A’s but didn’t see any WL movement since

• Sad
Going to be withdrawing my A. I hope one of you lovely peeps gets my spot! Good luck!

Reactions: 4 users
I really thought having 510 3.7 cgpa Pubs and good EC would guarantee some spot in DO schools. What a tough cycle.

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 8 users
I really thought having 510 3.7 cgpa Pubs and good EC would guarantee some spot in DO schools. What a tough cycle.
DO schools (and medical schools in general) are becoming more and more competitive each cycle. They shouldn’t be seen as “safety schools” by any means. Good luck to you!

This is crazy to me. I understand it’s not a safety but from you stated I don’t get what’s missing. I know mission fit is a thing but if you’re from CA and near Central Valley I don’t see how you’re not getting an A.

Reactions: 2 users
This is crazy to me. I understand it’s not a safety but from you stated I don’t get what’s missing. I know mission fit is a thing but if you’re from CA and near Central Valley I don’t see how you’re not getting an A.
Sadly I never got out of California. Went to mid, high school in Cali and went to the top public in-state school. But I am not here to discourage you. Maybe interviewers did not like my clothing from Ross.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Sadly I never got out of California. Went to mid, high school in Cali and went to the top public in-state school. But I am not here to discourage you. Maybe interviewers did not like my clothing from Ross.
Did you apply UCD or Touro CA

Yeah, I applied to so many places and barely got any responses. My friend has similar stats to you and barely got off an MD waitlist last month (no DO ii at all!). It really is a crapshoot.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody know how much mvmt we got or know anyone that got accepted off the WL? I wonder how many WL peeps are left honestly... GroupMe and Fb #'s differ so theres no real way to tell how many spots are left- my guess is around 10-15 spots (per the groupme) but fb says they are full.. I wish we could know where we stand

Anybody know how much mvmt we got or know anyone that got accepted off the WL? I wonder how many WL peeps are left honestly... GroupMe and Fb #'s differ so theres no real way to tell how many spots are left- my guess is around 10-15 spots (per the groupme) but fb says they are full.. I wish we could know where we stand
idk if you saw this but it looked like the fb page had 7 new members over the last week? Not sure if thats totally accurate though

As of 6-12-21, there are less than 100 people in the CHSU GroupMe chat. A couple people left the chat last week when they got accepted at other schools. A couple people also joined over the past week or two, so I assume they are going through the waitlist.

Reactions: 4 users
Hi guys, I have a few questions that I'd appreciate if anyone has the answers to.

1. Does anyone know how long CHSU-COM lets its students study for COMLEX/USMLE? How long is the "dedicated" period?

2. Are students expecting to move/relocate during 3rd and 4th year? For example, some Rotations are all the way in Los Angeles, and I'm not trying to drive 228 minutes to and from, and I am unsure whether they expect us to do that?

3. Are the classes Pass/Fail? Is there an internal Rank?

4. WIth mandatory lectures and days generally around 8-5pm, what is the general game plan regarding studying? When do we fit it in? I hear advice that we should treat med school like a 9-5pm (studying from 9-5 then time for yourself afterward), but I think that's for people who have the "privilege" of recording lectures on 2x speed and watching them at home in their underwear. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
I know question 2- they have plenty of sites nearby the school and around. I know question 3 they do graded like letter grades.

Hi guys, I have a few questions that I'd appreciate if anyone has the answers to.

1. Does anyone know how long CHSU-COM lets its students study for COMLEX/USMLE? How long is the "dedicated" period?

2. Are students expecting to move/relocate during 3rd and 4th year? For example, some Rotations are all the way in Los Angeles, and I'm not trying to drive 228 minutes to and from, and I am unsure whether they expect us to do that?

3. Are the classes Pass/Fail? Is there an internal Rank?

4. WIth mandatory lectures and days generally around 8-5pm, what is the general game plan regarding studying? When do we fit it in? I hear advice that we should treat med school like a 9-5pm (studying from 9-5 then time for yourself afterward), but I think that's for people who have the "privilege" of recording lectures on 2x speed and watching them at home in their underwear. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
2. No, we were told all rotations would be within a 1 hr drive of the school.

3. Classes are graded because the program is brand new, and the administration wants to build a reputation for the school.

4. I was under the impression substantial studying would be required outside of 9-5 for most students.

Reactions: 1 users
I wonder if someone wouldnt mind asking how many spots are left? I dont wanna annoy them xD

I am withdrawing my acceptance here. Hope the spot goes to one of you!

Waitlist movement is still happening y’all!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
I also withdrew my acceptance from the school. GL to y'all future doctors.
I am withdrawing my acceptance here. Hope the spot goes to one of you!

Waitlist movement is still happening y’all!
Would either of you guys have a sense of a rough number of how many spots are left since the GroupMe and fb #'s are different?

Anyone get the interest email? Does this mean they are planning to pull ppl soon

Is the waitlist movement still happening?
They said that movement can happen until mid July when I emailed them, which is right around the corner. Kinda scary doesn’t look promising.

They said that movement can happen until mid July when I emailed them, which is right around the corner. Kinda scary doesn’t look promising.
agreed. the interest email last week got me excited, but I dont think its looking great rn

Anyone know how many spots are left? is it around 3ish or so?

I think we should have a definitive answer by end of this week. They say the orientation is on the 20th, so they should be finalizing their roster this week

Reactions: 2 users
Nope nothing!!! Is today the last day? It says the orientation is jul 20-23

There has been such little waitlist movement this year :/

Does anyone have tips for the interview? I have one next week for the next cycle and was wondering if anyone could share some tips or experiences! thanks

Anyone get in with a good letter of intent?