2020-2021 Brown (Alpert)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pre-II R this morning. Complete 8/19. Total reach school for me. Good luck everyone else!

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Have any PCPM II's gone out? I've been complete since 7/30 and haven't heard anything

Anyone know what the dress code for the ODMA affinity group chats is?

Members don't see this ad :)
Alpert's admissions process has shifted to prioritize super high MCAT scores in the past few years. They jumped from a median MCAT of 512/513 when I was an undergrad to 517 in a single year and it has remained steady.

They were even under fire from their own student body for leaning on the PLME program to get URM students into the student body. You aren't wrong in that their holistic review is a little disingenuous.
**** mate i have a super high mcat score and im still II-less. feels bad

Reactions: 1 users
Have any PC-PM applicants interviewed yet? I got an II but the email didn't say anything about PC-PM so I'm curious if I'm still in consideration or if they only look at that after acceptance or how that works
same interview, they announce those decisions in March after acceptance

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone know what the dress code for the ODMA affinity group chats is?
This might be late considering the affinity chats are on Fridays, but in case future people have the same question- the applicants in mine were mostly dressed nice casual (like a button down or blouse). The med students were pretty casual and the whole thing was very chill and candid!

Does anyone know how they release decisions? All through email? Getting so antsy for tomorrow :)

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know how they release decisions? All through email? Getting so antsy for tomorrow :)
From their site:
"Post-interview decisions are transmitted through Alpert Medical School's secure online application system and via email. Only offers of admission are sent via US postal service. All Admissions Committee decisions are final and cannot be appealed."

Good luck everyone!! 🤞

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
A!!!!!!
Does anyone else only see the button for "decline offer" on the portal? I don't see one to accept

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
Accepted!!!! Interviewed end of September!
+1 to only having option to decline.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Just got the A! Interviewed 11/5. I also only see the option to decline.

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Waitlisted yesterday! Not super upset because I have other As, but I'm really shocked... this was by far the best interview experience I had. I got along really well with both interviewers and one of them said they wanted me to join their club next year. Again, I'm not broken, but now I'm worried I have a skewed perspective of how I interview lol. Congrats to everyone that got in, Brown seems amazing!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Current student here. Huge congrats to all accepted, and for those on the WL, keep pushing! Remember to reach out to the students on the contact list if y’all have any questions whatsoever.

Brown is a fantastic place and hoping y’all strongly consider coming here!

Does anyone know what date they are by in regards of interviews ? Also does Brown reject you or do they just ghost ?

Does anyone know what date they are by in regards of interviews ? Also does Brown reject you or do they just ghost ?
This thread has a few pre-ii Rs, so definitely rejections happen, unlike some of the other Ivy's...
good question on the date though

Current student here. Huge congrats to all accepted, and for those on the WL, keep pushing! Remember to reach out to the students on the contact list if y’all have any questions whatsoever.

Brown is a fantastic place and hoping y’all strongly consider coming here!
did anyone of the accepted students send letters of intent post-ii? Does Brown like letters of interest?

Can anyone talk about their interviewing experience here? Was it open file? Two faculty members? Thanks!!

Can anyone talk about their interviewing experience here? Was it open file? Two faculty members? Thanks!!
Open file. I believe they only do two faculty interviews. They do an exceptional job pairing you with an interviewer who's interested in your experiences and your career goals and often is involved in the sort of work you want to get into. (I know this because at the end of my interview day, literally everyone else who interviewed said this was the case for their interview). Very conversational, no stress interviews.

• Love
OOS LM75 II completed in September, no interview yet. should I forget Brown ?

OOS LM75 II completed in September, no interview yet. should I forget Brown ?
I figure if the school sends pre interview rejections, which Brown does, and you haven’t gotten one, then you’re still alive!

I got my interview invite late Jan last year, interviewed mid-Feb and was accepted so don’t give up :)
Thanks for the hope. Could you tell us your secondary complete month (approx) and whether you had any updates that might have made them send you the II that late? I was complete July this cycle, no major updates. Trying to gauge the level of hope. Thank you.

Thanks for the hope. Could you tell us your secondary complete month (approx) and whether you had any updates that might have made them send you the II that late? I was complete July this cycle, no major updates. Trying to gauge the level of hope. Thank you.
for sure! I think my secondary was complete in July or early August. I did not send in any updates before the interview, but I did send a post-interview letter of intent that I think got me off the waitlist. (also if it’s helpful—OOS, LM 74, not URiM)

Pre-II R today. Complete Early Sept.

• Care
Pre-II R this morning as well. Complete 8/21. OOS, LM 72.

Best of luck to the rest of you!

• Care
Pre-II R as well just now, Complete late July, OOS

• Care
Pre-II R just now Brown was my top choice so this one stings. Definitely losing hope in this cycle. Complete 7/21

• Care