2020-2021 Brown (Alpert)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also Pre-II R, complete early September.

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Brown just give me this R. Stop stringing me along and just send that R

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 2 users
also Pre-II R this morning. Complete mid September. Good luck everyone!

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Have they got to people who were complete early october?

Members don't see this ad :)
Completed late Sept and waiting for that R

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Complete July, No R yet. Are they sending it slowly through out the day?

• Love
Ahh why are they doing this to us... Just send them all already

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Are they sending in alphabetically? Any of those who received recently, could you please let us know first letter of your last name?

• Love
Are they sending in alphabetically? Any of those who received recently, could you please let us know first letter of your last name?
Just go to your portal and check the status tab. It tells you if you're rejected you don't have to wait for the email

Don't see that, Just says Application submitted

I think what he/she meant is that you can proactively check your status page consistently to get the potential R or II instead of waiting for an email to be sent to you. (Similar with how you can check the Pitt portal to see your rejection before you get sent an email about your R)

Damn, I sense an R coming, completed late AUG and silence. Checked my portal and no change

40B08ACC-513F-487C-8127-5A21882BCDC6.jpeg
I need to change my Gmail settings. Why did the Brown R email go to Promotions?!

• Haha
Reactions: 16 users
Would somebody mind showing me a screenshot of what your secondary portal looks like if you are rejected? I haven't received a rejection email yet from Brown. However, I have from 2 other schools (Stanford and UCSF) and neither of those portals show any indication of a rejection besides the update in the communications tab which is just the rejection email if you click on it. Am I looking in the wrong place or something? People have made it seem like it's a easy to see declaration under the status tab.

Pre-II R this morning, complete 8/28, OOS. Feeling personally victimized by this cycle :dead:. Good luck y'all!

• Care
Mood today seeing people post these Rs

Attachments

• 5C2F1B24-5912-4EBB-9E60-88E36F1A9EBA.gif
    5C2F1B24-5912-4EBB-9E60-88E36F1A9EBA.gif
    447.2 KB · Views: 64
Reactions: 3 users
Sorry to hear that!

when were you complete and did they just send that it was the email from earlier?
Thanks, i was complete late July i think. I woke up to the email this morning

Oh man.. how did you apply to 49 schools? The intensity
It was rough, both in terms of time and finances lol. I had prewritten a lot of secondaries though, so that helped.

@dindjarin87 I think you asked me at some point if I applied to Brown, but the thread got shut down so I wasn't able to comment.

Well, I received the pre-II rejection here today. It must've been @KnightDoc 's fault; not anything in my application, of course.

• Care
  • Haha
@dindjarin87 I think you asked me at some point if I applied to Brown, but the thread got shut down so I wasn't able to comment.

Well, I received the pre-II rejection here today. It must've been @KnightDoc 's fault; not anything in my application, of course.
oh no! sorry to hear about the R. Looks like you've had a very successful application season, though!

Not me finding out that gmail's been having global issues delivering emails today and I possibly could've been hit by that R wave but not know....

Not me finding out that gmail's been having global issues delivering emails today and I possibly could've been hit by that R wave but not know....
I thought Gmail had a problem yesterday, not today? Anyways, like another post said, status would change if R. Still waiting on someone to post a screenshot

I thought Gmail had a problem yesterday, not today? Anyways, like another post said, status would change if R. Still waiting on someone to post a screenshot
If you go to Status, it will say "We regret that your application is no longer being considered for admission."

It's today too then! I tried sending multiple emails to someone with a gmail account and couldn't figure out why they kept getting returned. My institution just sent out an alert that gmail was having this problem globally, so I guess that's still going on.

Last edited:
If you go to Status, it will say "We regret that your application is no longer being considered for admission."
Thanks. Nothing yet. Fingers crossed.

Brown passed on a lot of outstanding people today, who are going to be amazing doctors. :happy:

• Care
Reactions: 12 users