2020-2021 Brown (Alpert)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I didn't know Brown had a med school and was obsessed with their liberal arts program as a hs senior lol so here goes my extremely late application :')

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
It appears last year was very active early on with II's.

• Hmm
Members don't see this ad :)
So like did they forget they're supposed to be interviewing people or...??

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 15 users
yall im sorry to say this, but please take sdn with a grain of salt. Brown has already interviewed a lot of people every week. Those people are simply not posting about it -- hope everyone gets an interview however.
Could certainly understand this to be the case, but may I ask how you know Brown has already interviewed a lot of people every week?

Reactions: 5 users
when does brown start sending Rs usually ?

II received yesterday (10/20). Application complete 7/18. The open interview dates seemed to all be for mid-November.

• Love
Reactions: 16 users
II received yesterday (10/20). Application complete 7/18. The open interview dates seemed to all be for mid-November.
Stats? Date of birth? Astrology sign? Completely Jk congrats on the II!

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 12 users
Does anyone else have their LOR written as received under documentation status but not checked off under their application status?

yall im sorry to say this, but please take sdn with a grain of salt. Brown has already interviewed a lot of people every week. Those people are simply not posting about it -- hope everyone gets an interview however.

According to them, they interview from mid sept to feb, so if that's true this year they didn't start interviewing for too long ago.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed here, I prefer not to go into details for anonymity.

i will say tho that as long as u dont get a R directly from them, ur in a good spot. they select very few for interviews but some current students got interviews in january for example

Are you like basing any of this on anything other than your opinion? Brown just began interviews in mid-sept and only just now scheduling into November. Given that they have at most 2 interview days a week, sometimes even just 1, they certainly haven't "interviewed a lot of people every week." Their interview season extends all the way to February.

Also, they haven't even sent rejections so telling people not to worry because they haven't received an R is very silly. Why are you posting these things?

Reactions: 15 users
Are you like basing any of this on anything other than your opinion? Brown just began interviews in mid-sept and only just now scheduling into November. Given that they have at most 2 interview days a week, sometimes even just 1, they certainly haven't "interviewed a lot of people every week." Their interview season extends all the way to February.

Also, they haven't even sent rejections so telling people not to worry because they haven't received an R is very silly. Why are you posting these things?
"Also, they haven't even sent rejections so telling people not to worry because they haven't received an R is very silly. Why are you posting these things?" This is so toxic, seems like the OP was just saying not to worry because people still get accepted even if they get a late interview and that until you get a R, it's not a R.

"Also, they haven't even sent rejections so telling people not to worry because they haven't received an R is very silly. Why are you posting these things?" This is so toxic, seems like the OP was just saying not to worry because people still get accepted even if they get a late interview and that until you get a R, it's not a R.

Really? I think toxicity arises from people bull****ting on threads. This process is already stressful enough and saying two things that are literally untrue does nothing for no one. In fact, I would argue that the first comment the OP made, basically saying "sorry to break it to you guys, but there's already been a bunch of interviews" in response to people saying this thread is quiet, was malicious. If that were even true, which it's not, it was literally targeted to make people feel insecure.

I'm literally just calling out two statements the OP made that were straight-up not true. If that's toxic to you, then so be it. But people on this thread should know they aren't factual. so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Hmm
Reactions: 19 users
Really? I think toxicity arises from people bull****ting on threads. This process is already stressful enough and saying two things that are literally untrue does nothing for no one. In fact, I would argue that the first comment the OP made, basically saying "sorry to break it to you guys, but there's already been a bunch of interviews" in response to people saying this thread is quiet, was malicious. If that were even true, which it's not, it was literally targeted to make people feel insecure.

I'm literally just calling out two statements the OP made that were straight-up not true. If that's toxic to you, then so be it. But people on this thread should know they aren't factual. so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I guess I'm just reading their posts from a different perspective

What we know:

1) They have scheduled/completed some interviews, but still likely have many more left.
2) No Rs have been reported, so not receiving an R at this point is essentially meaningless.
2) This thread has less activity compared to others. For whatever reason, people are not really reporting their IIs.

All if this is super stressful for everyone. Let's be chill and nice to each other!

Reactions: 17 users
sooooo, i was just curious about where they're at with reviewing/II's but looks like I am coming into this thread in the middle of something... verdict is we don't know?

sooooo, i was just curious about where they're at with reviewing/II's but looks like I am coming into this thread in the middle of something... verdict is we don't know?

Why don't you read the past comments to get a sense of where we actually are? I don't know about you guys, but I feel like people who come in randomly and cannot be bothered to read past comments so the ask for a summary, only to have a bunch of repeated responses, serve only to pollute the threads.

• Dislike
Reactions: 4 users
Everyone just relax and stop sniping at each other, debating semantics or how someone should navigate threads is not worth it. If you dont feel like answering someone's question, dont answer it. Whats the point of being aggressive about why they asked it... Right now we dont know where Brown is; odds are some interviews are taking place. Whether that is the majority or minority of applicants is again unknown.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
1603463601584.png

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 30 users
Everyone just relax and stop sniping at...how someone should navigate threads is not worth it.

No, asking the same questions that were answered a few comments above pollute the thread space so when people in the future go through threads (like I have for past years), they see a bunch of redundant crap. If there's a legitimate reason to ask for clarification or if it's been a long time, that makes sense. But it's literally because people here cannot be bothered to do something so simple as read the past few comments. It's like the reddit posts that ask when the deadline is for submission or when should I take the MCAT. A little google search can go a long way.

So.........has anyone ever been to Providence? Is it nice? I hear the river area is very pretty

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users
So.........has anyone ever been to Providence? Is it nice? I hear the river area is very pretty
I visited Brown when I was applying to undergrad and loved their campus. I didn't see Providence too much but from the perspective of someone who usually only likes big cities (ie nyc lol), I was pleasantly surprised! not super helpful I know lol but it seemed like there was definitely a lot to do/had some big city vibes just on a smaller scale

I did a summer program there in high school. It's definitely pretty and has a cool vibe. There's definitely plenty to do, even if you're a NYC person like me.
Edit: also there were some nice beaches we went to.

I did a summer program there in high school. It's definitely pretty and has a cool vibe. There's definitely plenty to do, even if you're a NYC person like me.
Edit: also there were some nice beaches we went to.

Ugh. I'd love to visit some of these places (campus, the Providence community) and meet all of you wonderful people before decisions have to be made in April/May. Any idea where Brown stands on the traditional second look opportunities?

Like many of the folks on this thread, I haven't been interviewed. But I was just wondering if Brown anticipates hosting accepted students in March or April.

Ugh. I'd love to visit some of these places (campus, the Providence community) and meet all of you wonderful people before decisions have to be made in April/May. Any idea where Brown stands on the traditional second look opportunities?

Like many of the folks on this thread, I haven't been interviewed. But I was just wondering if Brown anticipates hosting accepted students in March or April.
I think (?) most schools are hedging at this point. Some have said spring visitations will be virtual. I haven't heard of any schools saying, at this point, that they will definitely have in-person visitation.

Not a replacement for a true admitted students weekend, but if you're admitted somewhere there's nothing stopping you from planning your own independent trip to visit the city and check out the campus!

Even the application tracker has zero reported for Brown.

II received earlier this week. OOS, no ties to Brown, not URM. Not sure if this will calm this thread or make it more neurotic. Hopefully the former - I’ve heard Brown is full of chill and friendly people, so y’all better start baking that cake of smiles and rainbows.:biglove:

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 13 users
II received earlier this week. 520+,3.9+, OOS, no ties to Brown, not URM. Not sure if this will calm this thread or make it more neurotic. Hopefully the former - I’ve heard Brown is full of chill and friendly people, so y’all better start baking that cake of smiles and rainbows.:biglove:
Congratulations!! When were you complete, if you don’t mind me asking?

Last edited:
II received earlier this week. 520+,3.9+, OOS, no ties to Brown, not URM. Not sure if this will calm this thread or make it more neurotic. Hopefully the former - I’ve heard Brown is full of chill and friendly people, so y’all better start baking that cake of smiles and rainbows.:biglove:
Congrats! What date is your interview?

Thanks peeps! I was complete in late July, and my interview is in early-mid November.

Does anybody who already interviewed this year know what the process is like since it's virtual now?

I just recently received an II

Reactions: 6 users
Thanks! I'm OOS, LM 72 (high mcat, low/avg gpa)

Reactions: 2 users
Thanks! Mid-November. Only dates available were in November.

Reactions: 3 users
we're all being spicy when we know that a third of the slots are going to brown kids (plme) anyway.
I was admitted to PLME and turned it down, and here I am years later applying to med schools, hoping and praying for an II from Brown...

What can I do but laugh? :lol:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Have any mid-September or later submissions received IIs?

• Care
I was admitted to PLME and turned it down, and here I am years later applying to med schools, hoping and praying for an II from Brown...

What can I do but laugh? :lol:
Same. I'm still kicking my dumb seventeen year old self over this. If only we knew then what we know now about this process...

• Care

The river area is super pretty and the college hill area has beautiful architecture. The medical school has an awesome bagel joint and there are so many outdoorsy, coastal activities to do in the summer.

Last edited:
Same. I'm still kicking my dumb seventeen year old self over this. If only we knew then what we know now about this process...
I feel that way now, but overall I don't think I regret that decision. Feel free to DM me and we can commiserate.