2020-2021 Brown (Alpert)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For the premed competency tab, should I use the AMCAS converted semester hours? My school goes by the quarter system.
that's what I did, especially since i have classes taken both in quarter and semester settings..

Members don't see this ad.

Did y'all also enter labs in the course requirements section? Or just the lecture portion of the courses?

Are you guys listing all the courses that would fulfill the pre-med requirement, or just enough to fill the requirement?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Guys, do you know the frequency of secondaries or if there is a prescreening before hand for Brown?
I'm guessing that maybe the first batch has gone out and there will be a pause before another? I am also (im)patiently waiting for one so it is good to know that someone else is in the same boat.

Reactions: 1 users
Secondary Received 12:08 PM EST today. Verified 7/28

secondary received verified 7/29, submitted today as well and application completion confirmed

Does anyone have issues with letters of recommendation not being received even though they are in?

Reactions: 1 users
Just curiously... are people using all 2,000 characters for the first question (summarize activities for the 2020-2021 year)? Since I don't have super concrete plans I feel weird conjecturing too much.

Just curiously... are people using all 2,000 characters for the first question (summarize activities for the 2020-2021 year)? Since I don't have super concrete plans I feel weird conjecturing too much.

I just used like 800 characters. I am very much about being succinct ahaha.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone applying to the Primary Care-Population Medicine program or currently attending?

Members don't see this ad :)
secondary recieved just now OOS. They sent me 2 of each email if anyone needs an extra :laugh:

Submitted last night. Letters were there but not rad as submitted. Early this morning they got processed and I was marked complete around 2AM

For the pre-reqs, we only need to list the ones they asked for (2 bio, 2 inorganic, 2 physics, 1 organic, etc.), correct? Asking bc at my school, some labs have to be taken for credit in the main course, but they're listed as separate credits, so I'm not sure if I should also list those.

Anyone applying to the Primary Care-Population Medicine program or currently attending?
I am also curious about this. It seems like a really cool program, as my interests outside of clinical care lie in advocacy and policy/systems change. Since it's such a small class, I'm also curious about the relative competitiveness between the regular MD and MD-MS programs. The students highlighted on their page seem extremely impressive in terms of undergraduate institution attended/existing research+service+leadership.

I am also curious about this. It seems like a really cool program, as my interests outside of clinical care lie in advocacy and policy/systems change. Since it's such a small class, I'm also curious about the relative competitiveness between the regular MD and MD-MS programs. The students highlighted on their page seem extremely impressive in terms of undergraduate institution attended/existing research+service+leadership.
I'm pretty sure that you're only considered for the MD/ScM program after you've been admitted to the MD program, so your chances of getting in wouldn't be affected by which program you apply to.

in love with brown, hoping they start sending IIs soon - anyone have an idea of when thatll probably start?

I just submitted my secondary! My primary was submitted on the 8/21 and I got my secondary on the 8/26. To all waiting - I believe they screen themselves and do invites for secondaries, so relax if you haven't gotten one yet! :)
Nope, Brown sends secondaries to all verified AMCAS applicants.

II Received!

OOS (not Brown UG), 515/4, Complete 7/20
Still in shock

Reactions: 10 users
Are there any current students in this group...I would love to pm you about some questions I have :)

How long is their time between sending primaries to them and receiving a secondary app? I submitted my primary on 8/31 and still haven't heard anything.

How long is their time between sending primaries to them and receiving a secondary app? I submitted my primary on 8/31 and still haven't heard anything.
Mine took 10 days, so I bet you’ll get it soon.

anyone else having trouble logging into the secondary portal? been trying it on multiple browsers today and have had bad luck with the server

Does anyone know how far out they're scheduling interviews? Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Complete 7/20. No II, but no rejection either.

Lol, this thread is super quiet. Any word on recent II's?

• Hmm
Reactions: 13 users
Lol, this thread is super quiet. Any word on recent II's?
Agree. Either not many people applied or there is no communication from the school. Any idea when they started in the previous years?