2019-2020 Toledo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those who received the R today, when were you guys complete?

And I wish you the best moving forward. Keep your head up!!

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
For those who received the R today, when were you guys complete?

And I wish you the best moving forward. Keep your head up!!

I applied really late-- primary app completed about mid October and secondary app completed late October! Thanks, and you too!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard back from the 11/15 interview? Or know about when to expect to hear back?

Has anyone heard back from the 11/15 interview? Or know about when to expect to hear back?
I would recommend calling about a possible timeline, they may or may not be able to tell you. October interviews have not heard yet, so I would bet it'll be a few weeks for November, unfortunately.

I interviewed recently and had been living in state for the past two years but moved about five months ago out of state. Anyone know if I will be considered in state application still despite my indicating I had recently moved?? Thanks!

anyone know if everyone accepted is invited to second look day, or is it only certain people, and when do invites go out?

I interviewed recently and had been living in state for the past two years but moved about five months ago out of state. Anyone know if I will be considered in state application still despite my indicating I had recently moved?? Thanks!

you have to live outside of a state for 1 year to be considered apart of that state (I believe). You should still be instate to Ohio

Anybody else still silence from a long time with no pre-II R? I wonder what our outcome will be.

Reactions: 1 users
Withdrew from the waitlist - hope that gives someone else a good shot! Best of luck to you

Reactions: 2 users
you have to live outside of a state for 1 year to be considered apart of that state (I believe). You should still be instate to Ohio
Thanks. I'm hoping that will help my chances since in state acceptance rates are more favorable.

Thanks. I'm hoping that will help my chances since in state acceptance rates are more favorable.
Based on the post-interview stats that were floating around that’s not true. The students that were interviewed from OOS had about 80 percent acceptance rate while IS was a little over 50. But receiving the interviews heavily favors IS students. I am unsure of the validity of these stats, but regardless, Toledo is a state school so the acceptance rates are favorable for all students interviewed as opposed to the private schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm curious which stats these are. Msar seems to support my assumption that in state is more favorable even accounting for higher number of interviews offered.

I'm curious which stats these are. Msar seems to support my assumption that in state is more favorable even accounting for higher number of interviews offered.

Msar shows 311 IS interviews for 126 matriculations and 141 OOS interviews for 49 matriculation. So about 35% of OOS interviewees matriculate and about 40.5% of IS interviewees matriculate. Fairly close, but then consider the IS folks are presumedly much more likely to matriculate. I would bet they accept more than twice as many OOS than actually matriculate and I would bet maybe 1.5x the amount of IS that matriculate.

Msar shows 311 IS interviews for 126 matriculations and 141 OOS interviews for 49 matriculation. So about 35% of OOS interviewees matriculate and about 40.5% of IS interviewees matriculate. Fairly close, but then consider the IS folks are presumedly much more likely to matriculate. I would bet they accept more than twice as many OOS than actually matriculate and I would bet maybe 1.5x the amount of IS that matriculate.

That sounds right, but that is for matriculation data. The acceptance data will be much higher because most schools send out twice as many acceptances as seats they have available.

That sounds right, but that is for matriculation data. The acceptance data will be much higher because most schools send out twice as many acceptances as seats they have available.

Read the rest of what you quoted.

Not sure where this data comes from but with that caveat thanks. Is it reliable? I also agree on the cars section as pretty baloney.
I think we are all just getting very antsy waiting on decisions. Hopefully we find out soon

The last of the II's for this cycle are set to be sent by the end of this week, according to admissions.

Accepted Tuesday. Interviewed November 1, OOS.

More II's were supposed to be sent out by yesterday. Maybe they delayed it. Noone seems to have reported any on here yesterday.

Not all October people have heard (n = 1 lol). :unsure: At least it gives me hope that I'll hear something before I hit the 6 month mark.
n= 2
I wish they could tell us something about when would hear. It’s been 3 times longer than originally stated

Not sure where this data comes from but with that caveat thanks. Is it reliable? I also agree on the cars section as pretty baloney.
this is my spreadsheet - it's all from US News & World Report

this is my spreadsheet - it's all from US News & World Report
Thanks for clarifying that. So, just to be clear - post II acceptance rate is the acceptance rate of those who are just sent a secondary application? The numbers seem way higher than I would expect. I would expect those rates to be associated with post interview acceptance rates.

I'm not crying, you're crying...Accepted:love:
Interviewed Oct 15th
Good luck to all other applicants as well!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
Thanks for clarifying that. So, just to be clear - post II acceptance rate is the acceptance rate of those who are just sent a secondary application? The numbers seem way higher than I would expect. I would expect those rates to be associated with post interview acceptance rates.
When they update it next month-ish, we should be able to see a better pattern. That year could've been abnormal for post-II A rate OOS or they select fewer OOS people to interview so the A rate is higher. I'm not sure. But, post II acceptance rate refers to post interview invite (II) not secondary

Reeejectedddddd

• Sad
For those who were accepted, I’m having trouble activating my account with my rocket number and birthday. Saw somewhere else they tell you when you can, but wanted to double check.

Last edited:
For everyone accepted, they posted about second look :) It's Saturday, April 4, 2020!

also, has anyone been able to activate their UT Account?
I’m gonna be out of town on the 4th :(
And no luck activating my account! Apparently they start sending out financial packages this month? So hopefully they let us activate our accounts then too!

I’m gonna be out of town on the 4th :(
And no luck activating my account! Apparently they start sending out financial packages this month? So hopefully they let us activate our accounts then too!
Ooh where'd you hear about the financial aid packages?