2019-2020 SUNY Upstate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone received a scholarship? I just viewed my financial aid and it is entirely composed of unsub loan and grad loan.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Rejected post-II, oddly surprised because I thought I had done well on the majority of the interview stations. Must have been because I had to face the standardized patient first during the MMI

Rejected post-II, oddly surprised because I thought I had done well on the majority of the interview stations. Must have been because I had to face the standardized patient first during the MMI
I’m sorry. When did you interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anybody received their fin aid package yet? Is there a fb group for accepted students?

Has anybody received their fin aid package yet? Is there a fb group for accepted students?

There’s a fb group called “Upstate Student Orientation 2020” that includes all of the health related programs. Not sure if theres one solely for the COM though!

Reactions: 1 user
Interviewed 2/3
Portal cleared yesterday

Last edited:
Interviewed 2/3
Portal cleared yesterday, gave them a call and informed me of being on the HPA list :(

Never got an email
When you say Portal Cleared, what does that mean? My wife interviewed with you 2/3 and we haven't gotten any info yet, I'm trying to let her not think about it so I'd like to check if this happened to her too

When you say Portal Cleared, what does that mean? My wife interviewed with you 2/3 and we haven't gotten any info yet, I'm trying to let her not think about it so I'd like to check if this happened to her too

When you go to the portal, your application should be displayed under the Processing tab. If look below your app that there should be something along the lines of "Your application is under committee review"

When your portal clears, that should not be displayed anymore.

When you go to the portal, your application should be displayed under the Processing tab. If look below your app that there should be something along the lines of "Your application is under committee review"

When your portal clears, that should not be displayed anymore.

Hmm, maybe I'm not looking at the right portal, is it the one where she filled out her secondary application? The one I'm looking at has her 2020 application in a table, not a tab, and it just says "processed". It doesn't say anything about committee review but I don't think I've ever seen that there. Is it the Bannerweb portal or are we missing a link?

Edit: I noticed some others saying their acceptance email went to spam so I've checked all her email inboxes and spam boxes and I don't see anything. Probably should just wait.

Last edited:
Hmm, maybe I'm not looking at the right portal, is it the one where she filled out her secondary application? The one I'm looking at has her 2020 application in a table, not a tab, and it just says "processed". It doesn't say anything about committee review but I don't think I've ever seen that there. Is it the Bannerweb portal or are we missing a link?

Edit: I noticed some others saying their acceptance email went to spam so I've checked all her email inboxes and spam boxes and I don't see anything. Probably should just wait.

No you are looking at the right one. Since you see nothing about committer review under Fall 2020, then most likely it is cleared.

I also interviewed 2/3 and cleared the portal on Tuesday morning, no contact yet...

Members don't see this ad :)
A today. Int 02/03.
Out of curiousity, are you in state or out of state? I'm trying to figure out why we haven't heard anything at all yet given there seem to be people who interviewed on 2/3 who know their fate

Got an email finally, my wife is on the HPA list. Interviewed 2/3

How long did it take to receive the MyUpstate login email?
Still waiting on it after deposit.

87CF9B0E-9138-43D5-804C-AA28F0E93D3B.jpeg

I just saw this tweet from Upstate. I wonder how this will impact those of us waiting to hear a decision.

How do you login into MyUpstate? I got an email asking me to login but no credentials on it. Anybody has any idea on how to get them?

How do you login into MyUpstate? I got an email asking me to login but no credentials on it. Anybody has any idea on how to get them?
I may be completely wrong (it's been >3 years), but I think the username is "A[AMCAS ID]" and password is your birthday (written as 01012001 for Jan 1st, 2001).

I may be completely wrong (it's been >3 years), but I think the username is "A[AMCAS ID]" and password is your birthday (written as 01012001 for Jan 1st, 2001).
I tried that but it doesn't work. They provided me w an ID # but no password.

I tried that but it doesn't work. They provided me w an ID # but no password.
When I got the email about logging in to MyUpstate it took a while before I was actually able to log in. I think you have to wait until you get information about your email and stuff like that.

For those who received their financial aid package, did you get an email about it first? I didn't but when I checked MyUpstate I'm able to download the PDF but it doesn't look like I have any loans offered. I'm not sure if they just haven't completed mine yet.

For those who received their financial aid package, did you get an email about it first? I didn't but when I checked MyUpstate I'm able to download the PDF but it doesn't look like I have any loans offered. I'm not sure if they just haven't completed mine yet.

Where do you find this? I have no financial aid information available.

I received an email saying my financial aid was available, and I got a new login with it

Where do you find this? I have no financial aid information available.

I logged into MyUpstate through “enter secure area”, and clicked the Financial Aid tab. Then I just started clicking the different options until I found a PDF I can download. But I realized I can’t even accept my “offer” yet (assuming that’s because I don’t have an offer available yet).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know Jennifer Welch's email? I have not received my finaid package and from what I heard at the virtual 2nd look day I should have.

Does anyone know Jennifer Welch's email? I have not received my finaid package and from what I heard at the virtual 2nd look day I should have.
I believe it's [email protected]
I also didn't receive my financial aid package but it turns out the email with my financial aid package was sent to Groupwise and I had received it last Tuesday.

I believe it's [email protected]
I also didn't receive my financial aid package but it turns out the email with my financial aid package was sent to Groupwise and I had received it last Tuesday.
Thanks a lot. I checked on the portal but there's nothing there. Can I access groupwise with the same login info as the portal?

Just received my finaid package and ii am very underwhelmed by it. Did anyone got scholarships or is this not a thing here?

Credentials for groupwise was emailed to us on 2/21/20
I probably didn't get it cuz I was accepted on 3/4 but they probably should have updated and send me the info already. I guess with all the chaos of corona some things are being lost in translation.

I did, it went to spam Friday afternoon. Got placed on the HPA list

Yup, same here. If you're curious, you can email them about how good your odds are/if they got to your spot on the list in past years. I haven't gotten into any other schools, so I asked about where I stood and I got a timely response saying I was in a good spot on the list.

Yup, same here. If you're curious, you can email them about how good your odds are/if they got to your spot on the list in past years. I haven't gotten into any other schools, so I asked about where I stood and I got a timely response saying I was in a good spot on the list.
Oh great, I thought we could only do that starting in May. I will reach out and congrats on the good spot!

Can any current students clarify if Upstate has a simulation center/what the resources are?

Who did you email?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile