2019-2020 Quinnipiac (Netter)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS, verified 6/28/19, secondary received today, 7/15/19! Really like this school and location, happy I finally got it.

Members don't see this ad.

"Becoming a physician means dedicating yourself to a career of service. Discuss how you have cultivated a service mentality."

Not sure why I'm struggling so much with this particular prompt, but how else are we supposed to answer this besides "I cultivated a service mentality through service" lol?

Reactions: 1 users
"Becoming a physician means dedicating yourself to a career of service. Discuss how you have cultivated a service mentality."

Not sure why I'm struggling so much with this particular prompt, but how else are we supposed to answer this besides "I cultivated a service mentality through service" lol?

I would talk about your service experiences and what they've taught you. I also talked a bit about how I hope to incorporate that into my career.

I'm struggling with the "what advice would you give your younger self" prompt because like.....idk man, my older self still needs advice lol.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I would talk about your service experiences and what they've taught you. I also talked a bit about how I hope to incorporate that into my career.

I'm struggling with the "what advice would you give your younger self" prompt because like.....idk man, my older self still needs advice lol.

Thanks!

For that prompt, I got a little creative and incorporated my "overcoming adversity" essay into it. I presented it in a letter format where I'm addressing my former self, talking about the importance of self-awareness and adopting a mentality of constant self-improvement through reflection. All of this revolved around a personal challenge I faced that I've always been very proud of overcoming. Hope that helps in any way!

Got the secondary! Finally.

Reactions: 1 user
Received the secondary today and just submitted it! Good luck, all!

Didn't get an email but portal says my application is ready/complete.
Submitted last night.

Submitted 7/17! Complete email immediately.
That's my last one, time to sit back and try not to panic.

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I was pasting my essays in, then the site shutdown suddenly. When I try to open the secondary it says "The site can't be reached".. Did this happen to anyone else?

I was pasting my essays in, then the site shutdown suddenly. When I try to open the secondary it says "The site can't be reached".. Did this happen to anyone else?
Yes currently unable to access.

Verified today 7/17
2ndary received 7/17

Yes currently unable to access.

Verified today 7/17
2ndary received 7/17

same. just went to go on and now there's a "500 error" message. says they are working on it; hopefully it'll be up and running soon!

EDIT: it's working!

Anyone happen to know what their screening threshold is?

Submitted 7/17! Complete email immediately.
That's my last one, time to sit back and try not to panic.
Did your complete email look like,
"
Thank you for submitting your completed secondary application to the Frank H. Netter MD School of Medicine at Quinnipiac University.
In order to be considered for an interview, it is also incumbent upon you to ensure that your required letters of recommendations (packet, committee letter, etc. from an advisor or four individual letters of your choosing) are submitted via the AMCAS Letter Service. The Letter Service is the only mode through which we will accept any letters of recommendation, either before or after submission of the Secondary Application."

I submitted my secondary, but the portal says my LOR are missing. However, when I go under document status it says that they have received my committee letter packet. Has this happened to anyone else? Does it just take time to update?

I submitted my secondary, but the portal says my LOR are missing. However, when I go under document status it says that they have received my committee letter packet. Has this happened to anyone else? Does it just take time to update?

It's probably just something on the system end. I've seen this happening on 18/18 of the secondary threads I'm on.

OPTIONAL Is there anything not captured in your application that you would like to share? (Limit 150 Words)

Is anyone doing a "Why Quinnipiac" school or anything? I really never know what the f this means lol

OPTIONAL Is there anything not captured in your application that you would like to share? (Limit 150 Words)

Is anyone doing a "Why Quinnipiac" school or anything? I really never know what the f this means lol
I did, but I took a short cut to the "why Quinnipiac" question.... because I'm a grad student there :laugh: kind of tied it into all the experiences going to QU and moving to CT has provided me with (academically, and outside of academics)

I did, but I took a short cut to the "why Quinnipiac" question.... because I'm a grad student there :laugh: kind of tied it into all the experiences going to QU and moving to CT has provided me with (academically, and outside of academics)

Cheater. Jk lol thats awesome

• Haha

Its exactly what I did. I told them how much I love them and tried to name drop (the person who wrote my LOR) precepted quinnipiac med students). May be different departments but still...

I didn't know quinnipiac screened. Is this true?
Still no secondary :( just going to continue pre-writing this secondary.
Please do not quote me on this, but in last years' thread it was stated "It is a combination of the two. There is an initial algorithm that factors stats and (to some extent) experiences to screen out people. From there the app is reviewed by a team for holisticness. So they do not have a real cut off and the screen is based on the whole picture, but that can mean a few different things." I have never seen a true minimum listed.
I don't know if it'll make you feel better, but I thought I would've been screened out due to my MCAT being a 503 with an undergrad GPA of 3.3 (graduate is 3.89), but I received a secondary. I don't know if the fact that I attend grad school at QU played a role, but it makes me think the holistic screen is correct.

Please do not quote me on this, but in last years' thread it was stated "It is a combination of the two. There is an initial algorithm that factors stats and (to some extent) experiences to screen out people. From there the app is reviewed by a team for holisticness. So they do not have a real cut off and the screen is based on the whole picture, but that can mean a few different things." I have never seen a true minimum listed.
I don't know if it'll make you feel better, but I thought I would've been screened out due to my MCAT being a 503 with an undergrad GPA of 3.3 (graduate is 3.89), but I received a secondary. I don't know if the fact that I attend grad school at QU played a role, but it makes me think the holistic screen is correct.
I appreciate the insight! Definitely will keep moving forward by pre-writing and if I don't receive one i'll take it as a good practice of writing. Good luck with your cycle!

I appreciate the insight! Definitely will keep moving forward by pre-writing and if I don't receive one i'll take it as a good practice of writing. Good luck with your cycle!

I got a secondary and was worried about being screened out. I would imagine you'll get one eventually. When I contacted them about it, they told me they had just started reviewing. Just be patient!

Maybe this is a dumb question, but what's the difference between your parent's occupation and their job title?

Maybe this is a dumb question, but what's the difference between your parent's occupation and their job title?
If that’s a dumb question, I’m dumb too. I even googled for hints, I never figured the difference out. Ended up putting the same thing twice, oh well.

If that’s a dumb question, I’m dumb too. I even googled for hints, I never figured the difference out. Ended up putting the same thing twice, oh well.

I googled it too hahah. I think occupation is the field and job title is their actual position name (e.g. occupation = education, job title = teacher).

I googled it too hahah. I think occupation is the field and job title is their actual position name (e.g. occupation = education, job title = teacher).

That’s what I did. Except I wrote “Educator,” for occupation. I think either is right (hopefully)

Reactions: 2 users
II IS!!
Omg omg omg. Freaking the hell out.
Dream school!!!!

Reactions: 7 users
Did you get a complete email or does it just say complete on the portal?

Just an email right after I submitted saying what I needed to be considered for an interview (LOR, etc.). Only said complete in the portal for me.

II! OOS, complete 7/17

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
OOS II !! Completed last week

Reactions: 3 users
:soexcited:
II: 7/26/2019
Application Complete: 7/17/2019

Reactions: 4 users
II

OoS, but did high school in CT
Re-applicant, but didn't apply to Quinnipiac last year
Earliest dates available were in last week of August, looks like they typically do Mondays and Fridays, though there was a Tuesday available in September.

Reactions: 4 users
Complete date?
II

OoS, but did high school in CT
Re-applicant, but didn't apply to Quinnipiac last year
Earliest dates available were in last week of August, looks like they typically do Mondays and Fridays, though there was a Tuesday available in September.