2019-2020 Midwestern University, with campuses in (Glendale, Arizona) AZCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Secondary received on 6-24, just submitted early this morning! Not expecting much (low stat app) but hey maybe I can transfer it over to the MABS once I get the R lol

Members don't see this ad.

Secondary submitted 7/18/19! Congrats to those who have already received II's :)

Reactions: 2 users
II today! Complete 7/16, LM 74

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Saw this in last year's thread and thought it was interesting. Maybe anyone below a 506 gets the interview waitlist or rejection?

Nah. I knew someone from my class that got an interview with a 504 around September.

Still nada here.

Did anyone else who got an II never receive an email for it? Only way I could see I got one was through my portal, but no email

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II! No e-mail, saw it on my portal. Complete 7/19. So excited.

Reactions: 4 users
Did anyone else who got an II never receive an email for it? Only way I could see I got one was through my portal, but no email

Yeah I just happened to stumble upon it on the portal one day :laugh:.

Did anyone get any additional important information about the interview day, other than the time and meeting place? Curious if I should call to ask about parking, the itinerary for the day etc.

Did anyone get any additional important information about the interview day, other than the time and meeting place? Curious if I should call to ask about parking, the itinerary for the day etc.

Nope nothing.

How long has it taken your mcat scores to be received by AACOMAS? I submitted mine on Sunday. Looks like they say anywhere between 5 to 10 business days but that might have been earlier in the cycle.

How long has it taken your mcat scores to be received by AACOMAS? I submitted mine on Sunday. Looks like they say anywhere between 5 to 10 business days but that might have been earlier in the cycle.

Within a week

WL for II received. What exactly does that mean?

II!!! submitted 07/14. 3.45/3.57/514

II this morning! Submitted 7/12

Does anyone know if midwestern is a good school? Of course it’s a med school, but is there any thing special about it that draws people there? I applied cause it’s close to home, excited to learn more about the program

I’m an OMSI here. It has a good reputation at clinical sites (verified by aamc surveys), better than average scores, matches well, and best of all: no dress code

II this morning! Submitted 7/12

Does anyone know if midwestern is a good school? Of course it’s a med school, but is there any thing special about it that draws people there? I applied cause it’s close to home, excited to learn more about the program

Secondary received on 6-24, just submitted early this morning! Not expecting much (low stat app) but hey maybe I can transfer it over to the MABS once I get the R lol
If you're MCAT score is below a 508, don't waste your time. Once my 2* was finalized, I very soon after received a letter of declination. I emailed admissions to see why, and they said they're filtering below 508 MCATs. . . Seems like that should be filtered before issuing a 2*; as though this process isn't expensive enough.

* Email of declination *

If you're MCAT score is below a 508, don't waste your time. Once my 2* was finalized, I very soon after received a letter of declination. I emailed admissions to see why, and they said they're filtering below 508 MCATs. . . Seems like that should be filtered before issuing a 2*; as though this process isn't expensive enough.

* Email of declination *

i just submitted mine with <508 so we’ll see what happens lol

* Email of declination *
I'm exactly at 508, maybe that's why I'm WL for II o_O.

* Email of declination *

This just seems insane... I am above a 508, but I definitely don’t agree with screening people below a certain MCAT (especially a very competitive MCAT for DO). Anyone receive an II with an MCAT below that?

This just seems insane... I am above a 508, but I definitely don’t agree with screening people below a certain MCAT (especially a very competitive MCAT for DO). Anyone receive an II with an MCAT below that?

Me! Barely below it, but still below and I got an II!

Reactions: 3 users

* Email of declination *
When did you submit? I still haven't heard anything yet

Just to back my statement with proof. I believe I submitted around the 15 or 16th of July.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190804-131227.png
    Screenshot_20190804-131227.png
    141.1 KB · Views: 315
Hey, screen however. Whatever gets the best candidates! I just think it's poor taste to charge students for something they have no chance at getting into. I dunno, maybe that's just me, and maybe I'm just salty I got this L

Hey, screen however. Whatever gets the best candidates! I just think it's poor taste to charge students for something they have no chance at getting into. I dunno, maybe that's just me, and maybe I'm just salty I got this L
Did you receive a rejection email or a WL email? I know a bunch of people on this thread, myself included, have been placed on the WL. And from a former student "As far as we can all tell, AZCOM interviews the people with higher tier MCAT scores first, and then Nov-Dec starts pulling from the interview waitlist in addition to new new applications. They interviewed through beginning of April last year, so plenty of time."

Did you receive a rejection email or a WL email? I know a bunch of people on this thread, myself included, have been placed on the WL. And from a former student "As far as we can all tell, AZCOM interviews the people with higher tier MCAT scores first, and then Nov-Dec starts pulling from the interview waitlist in addition to new new applications. They interviewed through beginning of April last year, so plenty of time."
Not sure if this is set in stone. Someone earlier had a 514 and is on the II WL. Someone else got below a 508 and got an II. It is really a mysterious process and you may get different answers from different adcoms. All I can say is that the cycle is still young and may we all get in at some point!

Any idea if this school does silent R's?

Where did you see the person that got an II with below a 508? I tried looking through and stalked everyone's profiles that said they got an II, and everyone was above a 508 haha.
Me!

• Wow
I was declined here, not waitlisted.

Nice, where in the portal did you all find it. Is it on the secondary app website?
Yep! When you log in, hover over the admissions tab in the top left and there will be a link for interview scheduling. If you have gotten an interview offer you will be able to schedule one from there.

I keep hearing about the 508 cutoff too, but I also received an II with a below 508 MCAT.