2020-2021 Midwestern University (Glendale, Arizona) AZCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got an II on Thursday, Scheduled for all the way on 4/19. Anyone have any tips or suggestions on how to prepare?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Got an II on Thursday, Scheduled for all the way on 4/19. Anyone have any tips or suggestions on how to prepare?
As cliche as it sounds, just be yourself. There will be some oddball questions, and theres nothing wrong with taking your time to answer them to the best of your ability. I remember one question they asked me, I literally sat there for like 10 seconds just trying to think of an answer, and it was super awkward but ultimately I answered it. Later got the A. If you dont feel great about one of your answers, just shake it off and continue strong on the next ones. You got this

Reactions: 3 users
As cliche as it sounds, just be yourself. There will be some oddball questions, and theres nothing wrong with taking your time to answer them to the best of your ability. I remember one question they asked me, I literally sat there for like 10 seconds just trying to think of an answer, and it was super awkward but ultimately I answered it. Later got the A. If you dont feel great about one of your answers, just shake it off and continue strong on the next ones. You got this

^ absolutely this. I interviewed with a pediatrician and I have done quite a lot of volunteer work in the pediatric wing of a hospital. This led her to ask the question of whether or not I wanted to be a pediatrician. I said no... We went back and forth for a few minutes on why (from my side) I would not be a good fit as a pediatrician, and (from her side) why I would be a good fit as a pediatrician. So, in the end I disagreed with her, and we continued the interview and 2 days later got an acceptance. I was just being myself. Don't be what you think they want, just be yourself. If you are the person they want, they will give you an A! You've got it!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
definitely have answers ready (but not scripted like a robot) for the four main questions: tell me about yourself, why medicine, why AZCOM, why DO.

Is there a Facebook group or GroupMe for accepted students??

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if they have been rejecting post interview? I dont think I've seen any

Last edited:
Withdrew my acceptance today. Hoping that some of the awesome people here can get some good news soon!

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone know if those placed on hold have any chance here at this point? Thanks!
Based off past years threads and talking to admission.. it seems like most of the movement on the alternate list will begin around end of April and throughout may. I think the reason for this is because this is when the deadline for accepted students to make a decision is

Does anyone know if emailing the Dean of Admissions is sufficient or whether I actually have to physically mail in a request to get refunded $100 (50% of the deposit) after having withdrawn?

I haven't yet received a response to my email from a little while ago.

I have an interview for 4/16. Anyone know the chances of getting in that late in the cycle?
I think as of right now they’re waitlisting or rejecting only

apparently most waitlist movement begins in April so fingers crossed!

Did anyone else get an email about transferring your DO application to the PharmD program?

II just now, no pre-interview waitlist. Complete in November

II, available times:

Thursday Morning, Apr 22, 2021
Tuesday Morning, May 18, 2021
Wednesday Morning, May 19, 2021
Thursday Morning, May 20, 2021

• Love
  • Wow
Anybody know if you can apply to switch campuses. My mom passed this year and her family is in Chicago and I would really like to be close to her family.

Anybody know if you can apply to switch campuses. My mom passed this year and her family is in Chicago and I would really like to be close to her family.
Oh gosh I am so sorry to hear that. I am sure if you emailed the admissions department and explained your circumstances, they would be able to give you a definitive answer. Stay strong

• Love
II, available times:

Thursday Morning, Apr 22, 2021
Tuesday Morning, May 18, 2021
Wednesday Morning, May 19, 2021
Thursday Morning, May 20, 2021
It is crazy that they are interviewing all the way out in May still. Makes my anxiety go through the roof lol

I don’t know why they are still interviewing. They have been putting everyone on the alt list since Jan.
I wonder when there will be some alt list movement.

I don’t know why they are still interviewing. They have been putting everyone on the alt list since Jan.
Agreed. They filled their class late December/early January

• Sad
Sorry to hear that. I do not believe they will let you switch campuses. Although we are the same school we are separate. AZCOM and CCOM function independently and to be honest may as well be considered different medical schools.

Are there any current students in here who did the MABS 9 month program? I’d love to ask some questions.

Yeah, I don't know why they are doing this. Perhaps they are expecting abnormally large movement in the WL, making them overcompensate with waitlisting tons of people, myself included lol.

Hi all, admitted student here - are there any current 3rd or 4th year AZCOM students who would be willing to answer some questions regarding clinical rotations?

Reactions: 3 users
Are there any current students willing to answer questions regarding the Edna Dunning Scholarship?

Is it just me, or is their pre-II Rejection worded in the most obscure way? Good luck everyone! (I think I got the R I really don’t know haha)

Edit: Was on Interview Waitlist since August.

Is it just me, or is their pre-II Rejection worded in the most obscure way? Good luck everyone! (I think I got the R I really don’t know haha)

Yes I got that email too, not sure why they worded it that way lmao but yeah i'm pretty sure it was an R email? I was also on interview waitlist since august.

I didn't think so at first but after looking back at it, it is kinda obscure. The title of the email doesn't even mention an admissions decision or rejection.

kinda peeved that i was placed on the interview waitlist several months ago, and was rejected recently

but then again, it's less debt to worry about

Do any current students have the percent match rate for this year's class? As well as any notable specialties or locations?

Are they now just interviewing for waitlist? I have an interview late april...