2018-2019 Midwestern University, with campuses in (Glendale, Arizona) AZCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got the official accepted email just now! Very excited and happy! After all the premed struggles, I’m glad to say that I survived and it paid off!

Regarding prereqs, I have a C- in gen chem and C- in physics 1, that is preventing me from completion. How would I approach this and does anybody have any experience regarding this? I really hope I don’t have to take gen chem again (I’ve taken undergrad and grad biochem if that means anything) but for physics I’ve taken two other courses that I’ve significantly improved in.

Lastly, I’m glad to help out anybody here or you can DM me. I’ve been struggling for so long and I’ve only made it this far with help from others and I’m glad to return the favor and lend a hand.
congratulations! I'm happy for you! May I ask what is the turn-around time? When was your interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
oh wow that's a reaaaally fast turn around time! Didn't they say ~2-3 weeks? lol. but ok thanks!! I will now jump on the train too haha
Hey, yeah it was an crazy quick turnaround for me. Interviewed on that Tuesday and heard back Friday of the same week. Good luck!

Hey, yeah it was an crazy quick turnaround for me. Interviewed on that Tuesday and heard back Friday of the same week. Good luck!
Hey, speaking of checking a few times a day, I just checked and a bunch of stuff just popped up under my "accepted checklist" and under "matriculation agreement" I have the offer to "decline the offer of acceptance and withdraw my application." Is this what happened to you before your acceptance email?

Hey, speaking of checking a few times a day, I just checked and a bunch of stuff just popped up under my "accepted checklist" and under "matriculation agreement" I have the offer to "decline the offer of acceptance and withdraw my application." Is this what happened to you before your acceptance email?
Yup, you’re accepted! Expect an email and/or phone call as soon as tomorrow! Congrats friend!

Has anyone who has been waitlisted for an interview actually ever been asked back to interview?

Reactions: 3 users
wait WTH since you mentioned about the portal, I just logged on and checked it for the first time since the interview
and...ACCEPTED STUDENT CHECKLIST showed up too!!!!

Wait this seems unreal! i feel very uncertain without an official acceptance email. LOL. it's legit right??

Reactions: 3 users
wait WTH since you mentioned about the portal, I just logged on and checked it for the first time since the interview
and...ACCEPTED STUDENT CHECKLIST showed up too!!!!

Wait this seems unreal! i feel very uncertain without an official acceptance email. LOL. it's legit right??
You'll get your acceptance email or phone call soon enough. Congratulations future doc!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody know if matriculants have to pass a drug test prior to starting school? currently residing in a state where cannabis is legal

Reactions: 1 user
Just withdrew my application/II from AZCOM, hope someone waiting for an II gets it!

Anyone interview last week and not hear anything yet? Seeing some acceptances go out and the stress is getting to me a little bit. I interviewed 1/16, borderline applicant (3.3, 512) so I am sure it will be a waitlist for me in the end. I loved the school, praying its not a rejection.
When I interviewed I saw people on here who interviewed after getting acceptances a full week and a half before me. Mine came eventually just try to stay psoitive!

Does anyone know if there is a lot of movement off of the waitlist for this school? I interviewed mid-November and got waitlisted at the beginning of December.

Just withdrew II for February, if anyone wanted to switch their date from April.

Just withdrew my acceptance at AZCOM. I had a great experience at the interview and loved everything about the school, faculty, and students (except maybe the price of tuition!). Hopefully someone else will be able to take my spot -- best of luck!

Just withdrew my acceptance at AZCOM. I had a great experience at the interview and loved everything about the school, faculty, and students (except maybe the price of tuition!). Hopefully someone else will be able to take my spot -- best of luck!

where you headed?

Anybody know if matriculants have to pass a drug test prior to starting school? currently residing in a state where cannabis is legal

Nope! But, some rotation sites will drug screen the 3rd & 4th years.

I got accepted back in October, and paid deposit. But now I’ve decided to withdraw my acceptance, does anybody know how that can be done? Portal/email/phone?

Does anyone know of the quality of the rotations? I would like to do either west/east phoenix. I have heard that some Midwestern students have been disgruntled with the way it is handled? Can anyone attest to that?

Does anyone know of the quality of the rotations? I would like to do either west/east phoenix. I have heard that some Midwestern students have been disgruntled with the way it is handled? Can anyone attest to that?
Would like to know more about this as well

Has anyone who has been waitlisted for an interview actually ever been asked back to interview?

I was pre-interview waitlisted around October and just received an interview offer today. It is possible

Reactions: 2 users
Withdrawing my II. I hope this helps someone else out! Good luck everyone!

Anyone else have input as to AZCOM over KCU? Tuition aside, is one superior to the other?

I've been having the same debate. Tuition aside, both schools seem pretty equal on paper. From what i've seen, midwestern typically has a higher average mcat score of matriculating students than KCU. I think it comes down to location for me (where i want to live, the hospitals/area i want to rotate in, etc.) Hope this helps. I'd love to hear your thoughts on it as well.

For any current students on the thread, are there any recommendations for 1BR apartments near campus that would be cheaper than the ones across campus?

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone else who interviewed in February not heard back yet? :( Starting to get a bit nervous

Hello there and congratulations to all who have been accepted! Just want to inquire if there are slots allotted to students in the Masters of Biomedical Science Program or if anyone got in from the program this year in AZ. Thanks.

Withdrew my acceptance today. I hope it goes to one of you guys :)

I've been having the same debate. Tuition aside, both schools seem pretty equal on paper. From what i've seen, midwestern typically has a higher average mcat score of matriculating students than KCU. I think it comes down to location for me (where i want to live, the hospitals/area i want to rotate in, etc.) Hope this helps. I'd love to hear your thoughts on it as well.

I think I will go with KCU. The tuition and cost of living is cheaper and the board scores are higher. Unfortunately, I would prefer to live in a bigger city but I think it’s the right choice. As students we will not get much time to do things other than study, so other factors should be held more highly I think. Have you made your decision?

After a ton of consideration, officially withdrawing my interview here set for April 9th. I have a lot of love for Glendale (born and raised here), so it was a difficult choice to turn down the opportunity of staying in this town. Good luck to everyone still waiting on a decision, and congratulations to everyone accepted! So excited for you all!

Hello,
I have an interview scheduled for April! I was wondering if anyone who had an interview this cycle could give me interview tips. Is it open or closed file interview? About how long did the interview take? How many interviewers were there? What types of questions did they ask?

Thank you!

Hello,
I have an interview scheduled for April! I was wondering if anyone who had an interview this cycle could give me interview tips. Is it open or closed file interview? About how long did the interview take? How many interviewers were there? What types of questions did they ask?

Thank you!
Congrats on your II!

My interview experience was very relaxed and chill. One thing that made the day easier was that they started interviewing candidates in the morning, which I believe makes it easier to relax and truly pay attention during the school tour, etc. I remember them having some materials of my application in front of them, because they were referring to some particular details. There were two faculty members in my interview panel and I think the whole interview lasted around 30 minutes. Like with most places, be able to talk about your experiences and how they helped you realize your interest in medicine. Hope that helps!