2019-2020 Midwestern University, with campuses in (Glendale, Arizona) AZCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got accepted today!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Facebook groups aren’t always accurate counts of how many people are in the class but it looks like they’re getting closer to filling up the class. I think there will continue to be waitlist movement though.
It is important to know there are people in the FB group that are not necessarily members of the class of 2024. There are a lot second years and faculty in there as well. The second years are their to act as "big sibs" and mentor the incoming class.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
It is important to know there are people in the FB group that are not necessarily members of the class of 2024. There are a lot second years and faculty in there as well. The second years are their to act as "big sibs" and mentor the incoming class.
I imagine the class is full , but anyone know the real number ? Or have a way to find out the real number ?

I imagine the class is full , but anyone know the real number ? Or have a way to find out the real number ?
Per the AZCOM 2024 email distribution list there are 252 members, not sure if there’s going to be any movement in this number

Per the AZCOM 2024 email distribution list there are 252 members, not sure if there’s going to be any movement in this number
Thanks for sharing. Learning that is unnerving but I want to remain hopeful that there will be movement. There’s still one more month until orientation starts.

Thanks for sharing. Learning that is unnerving but I want to remain hopeful that there will be movement. There’s still one more month until orientation starts.

I was told that June-July of 2019 about 50 people withdrew from the AZCOM

Reactions: 1 user
Last year's distribution list has 267 members, so I'd still there's still hope!

Reactions: 1 users
Last year's distribution list has 267 members, so I'd still there's still hope!
Thank you for sharing as well! I really do appreciate the admitted folks on here sharing what information you have available to you. It’s a fine line between remaining hopeful and realistic at this point for me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Shocked to be giving up my acceptance here after booking flights and getting an apartment months ago. Goodluck friends!

A few of my classmates were accepted right before orientation last year. Im not sure what the dates are, but look at the traffic guidlines for AACOMAS and AMCAS. After the date where applicants "can only hold one acceptance," there is usually movement on the WL. With AZCOM's deposit being low, and tuition high, I wouldn't be surprised to see a little more movement. Good luck everyone, and stay positive. I know its nerve wracking and hard to be patient. Be sure to update the admissions office with a LOI or ANY significant changes to your app. Also, it doesn't hurt to call admissions and ask them how your interview went or if there is anything you can do to improve your app. Feel free to PM with any AZCOM specific questions.

Hopefully there’s some good news this week

Reactions: 5 users
I am withdrawing my acceptance. This is hard since I really loved the school, good luck!!!

I am withdrawing my acceptance. This is hard since I really loved the school, good luck!!!
Why you decided to leave. It is because of COVID 19 situation which seems to be getting worse each day. Are you deferring or joining another school.

Withdrawing my acceptance here. Good luck everyone!
Thanks for your post.
Why you decided to leave. It is because of COVID 19 situation which seems to be getting worse each day.
Are you deferring or joining another school.

Shocked to be giving up my acceptance here after booking flights and getting an apartment months ago. Goodluck friends!
Thanks for your post.
Why you decided to leave. It is because of COVID 19 situation which seems to be getting worse each day.

Thanks for your post.
I received an IS offer!

Thanks for replying. What does IS offer mean? Pardon my ignorance, as I have not come across this term before.

Why you decided to leave. It is because of COVID 19 situation which seems to be getting worse each day. Are you deferring or joining another school.
I am joining another school that is in my home state!

spoke to a senior admin counselor, apparently there are ~100 on the waitlist.

Last edited:
  • Sad
A lot of us don’t have option B (especially a month before orientation). I find it unnecessary to say something like “any other school would’ve been a better option”. That is not true since you have not attended every school. The best advice you can give in a thread full of incoming students relative to your experiences should be to know the numbers, see past rotation sites, match rates, etc.
I believe about 25% of the class matched through the scramble the year above me. 15 students (~6%) from my year did not match at all, even after the scramble. The average Step 1 score for my class was ~223. Best of luck

For those of you looking at this thread for reference, July 27th there were 114 waitlisted applicants directly from the dean herself and the class was full by this time.

Hi there. I wanted to glean some insight from those folks who are about to complete or recently completed this program. Would anyone be willing to have me DM them?

Hi there. I wanted to glean some insight from those folks who are about to complete or recently completed this program. Would anyone be willing to have me DM them?
feel free to dm me-about to graduate from the 2 year program