2019-2020 Midwestern University, with campuses in (Chicago, Illinois) CCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
II. instate LM 70-73. I had a DO letter of rec and ties to one of their clinical sites

Does either campus have IS preference? I would imagine no because they are both private.
I hope I am not passed up!

Do we think there will be interview invites tomorrow too or will we have to wait till the end of august?

I read in previous threads that there is a slight preference to the midwest!
oh ok is it a slight preference or moreso that greater number of applicants from the midwest apply to CCOM?

And I read on last years thread that some invites were sent out on August 1

oh ok is it a slight preference or moreso that greater number of applicants from the midwest apply to CCOM?

And I read on last years thread that some invites were sent out on August 1
There wasn't any clarification, but I think it would have to be the latter since it is a private school!

Members don't see this ad :)
you all are so lucky.... i was completed later june and nothing!

Reactions: 1 user
II today! So excited!! (Complete 6/24, OOS). Any advice on flights? (i.e. do people generally recommend flying out the night before or is it okay to fly out the morning of the interview?).

II today! So excited!! (Complete 6/24, OOS). Any advice on flights? (i.e. do people generally recommend flying out the night before or is it okay to fly out the morning of the interview?).

Congratulations! Do what is best for you - but you want to give yourself some time in case your flight is delayed, cancelled etc. It is rare, but it does happen.

Giving myself a night before interview. Happens when you’re coming from the furthest possible state :/

If you can I’d suggest flying into Ohare over Midway. Even though southwest is Midway exclusive Ohare is much friendlier if you don’t know the area. Midway itself isn’t bad but the area around Midway is a bit sketchy.

Also if you can afford it definitely fly in night before. Only thing you can reliably count on in Illinois is corruption and construction

Congratulations! Do what is best for you - but you want to give yourself some time in case your flight is delayed, cancelled etc. It is rare, but it does happen.

Giving myself a night before interview. Happens when you’re coming from the furthest possible state :/

If you can I’d suggest flying into Ohare over Midway. Even though southwest is Midway exclusive Ohare is much friendlier if you don’t know the area. Midway itself isn’t bad but the area around Midway is a bit sketchy.

Also if you can afford it definitely fly in night before. Only thing you can reliably count on in Illinois is corruption and construction

Thanks all!! Seems better to fly in the night before.

Does anyone know if already receiving an interview at the Arizona campus has any effect on getting an interview at the Chicago campus? Or do they offer interviews to both?

Does anyone know if already receiving an interview at the Arizona campus has any effect on getting an interview at the Chicago campus? Or do they offer interviews to both?
I believe they are separate schools with separate admissions.
Interviewing at one does not influence your chances at interviewing the other.
Someone correct me if I am wrong though!

I got interviewed waitlisted to AZCOM. Hopefully I get an interview next go around.

Did this school close or something? Anyone hear anything from them in the past 3 weeks?

Did this school close or something? Anyone hear anything from them in the past 3 weeks?
According to last year's thread, the committee only meets once a month (last week of the month) so they probably won't send out more interviews till next week or the week after.

Reactions: 1 users
Oh
According to last year's thread, the committee only meets once a month (last week of the month) so they probably won't send out more interviews till next week or the week after.
oh alright I see thank you. That sounds pretty slow though

That doesn’t apply to interviews, only post interview decisions. IIs trickle out every so often, just hold tight

Those who have submitted their secondary application, could you please tell me if the school gave you a deadline for submitting the secondary app, like 2 weeks/1 month? Thanks.

Those who have submitted their secondary application, could you please tell me if the school gave you a deadline for submitting the secondary app, like 2 weeks/1 month? Thanks.
The email says that all materials (secondary, the fee, and LORs) are due March 1st 2020

I see I have a letter coming from them in the mail today. Hopefully it’s not a rejection!

I see I have a letter coming from them in the mail today. Hopefully it’s not a rejection!

Might not be relevant, but they do send actual snail mail asking you to complete a secondary. I freaked out when I got a letter thinking it would be an R, but it was just to complete a secondary... which I had already submitted about a month prior lol

Apparently it’s most likely a letter to submit the secondary. Will let you guys know in like 4 hours lol.
I sent them an ITA email last week because I’m going to be in Chicago mid-September. They said thanks and finally marked my application as complete after that email. But no correspondence after so that’s why I was worried the letter in the mail might be a rejection!
ill keep you post but I feel it is a rejection, they emailed me the complete email a week before this letter got mailed out

As @fusionnoble stated, it is a letter with an invitation to complete a secondary. I received that letter last week even though I had already completed it. I guess it's just their way of making sure you know you're able to do one in case the emails went to a junk folder?

how do you guys know you even have a letter coming in? I don't see anywhere on the website about a place that informs you of your status/ whats being mailed over

how do you guys know you even have a letter coming in? I don't see anywhere on the website about a place that informs you of your status/ whats being mailed over
It's a service offered by the US Postal Service

Out of curiosity, what does the "IA" in your signature mean?
Interview acceptances- if I reject an interview after getting accepted somewhere I would definitely like better, it'll be a better reflection of acceptance rate with my data points for someone looking at my sig.

e.g. if I reject CCOM interview invite but don't mention that, it'll just look like I didn't get accepted after doing the interview.

As @fusionnoble stated, it is a letter with an invitation to complete a secondary. I received that letter last week even though I had already completed it. I guess it's just their way of making sure you know you're able to do one in case the emails went to a junk folder?
It is indeed a letter to submit the supplementary application.

It is indeed a letter to submit the supplementary application.
Haha just saw it too, make no sense cuz they sent me the complete email one week before this letter now I hope it is a sign they really like us

Interview acceptances- if I reject an interview after getting accepted somewhere I would definitely like better, it'll be a better reflection of acceptance rate with my data points for someone looking at my sig.

e.g. if I reject CCOM interview invite but don't mention that, it'll just look like I didn't get accepted after doing the interview.
I think most people use IA to mean "Interviews Attended" just so you know. So II means interview invitations, and IA means interviews attended. Same goal- reflect interviews you were invited to vs the ones you actually attended.