2018-2019 Midwestern University, with campuses in (Chicago, Illinois) CCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Regarding the ethics question, how would you recommend preparing for that? I've seen various examples of the type of question asked on SDN interview feedback, but how could one go beyond that for preparation in terms of possible topics and responses?

I wasn't asked an ethics question. It seemed like every person asked different questions after the basic tell me about yourself/why a doctor/why DO

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
No decision was made on my application yet. They said maybe at the end of this month, maybe sooner, maybe later. So not too helpful except for the fact that there is no decision as of now

Did they say you were on the alternate list(waitlist)?

Interviewed on 1/31 (In the middle of the polar vortex :)), accepted on 2/28/19!

cGPA: 3.98
MCAT: 506 (125/126/129/126)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all, I have an interview coming up here and I was wondering if you had some advice/tips on what I could expect. Obviously I should be prepared to talk about myself and my motivations, as well as what draws me to the school, but how about things like medical ethics, current events, etc? Are they gonna grill me on why D.O. school and not M.D.? Thanks so much!
Out of all the interviews I did, this one was the easiest. It was very laid back. They didn't ask me any ethics questions, but I saw that some other people did get one. I had three interviewers and they would just go down the line and each ask a question. My interview was closed file, they did not have my GPA or MCAT scores which was nice. It really was just about getting to know me as a student. We barely talked about my academics and schooling. Most of it was about my hobbies and how I cope with stress! It was by far the most laid back interview I did. !

Any one who interviewed on April 8 hear back yet?

Any one who interviewed on April 8 hear back yet?

I interviewed during the end of March and I still haven’t heard back. After reading a few forums and speaking to some students it seems the committee meets during the last Wednesday of the month. I think we should be hearing something by Thursday.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone hear back from them yet? I'm starting to think they are waiting till after the AMCAS deadline to make any decisions. Looks like it might be another week.

Just accepted!! Interviewed on April 8th, OOS, MCAT 508, GPA 3.65.

Reactions: 2 users
Portal just changed to show my pre-reqs on the applicant checklist so I'm pretty sure I've been waitlisted :sorry:
Interviewed 4/5

Got waitlisted, interviewed on March 28th. Found out through the portal. They added pre-reqs to my application portal but no acceptance. Looks like I’m gonna have to wait and see what happens.

yeah my prerequisites just showed up on my portal too. happy to even still be in the running, but so tired of this waiting game

When does the waitlist start moving here? I know you can be pulled up until orientation, but what if you start orientation at another school that starts before CCOM

When does the waitlist start moving here? I know you can be pulled up until orientation, but what if you start orientation at another school that starts before CCOM
Just checked last year's thread, and it looks like the first acceptances from the waitlist went out on 5/4

Reactions: 1 user
Just got accepted! Received an email from director of admissions, interviewed on March 29th

Did anyone who noticed their prereqs listed receive an email that you are on the waitlist &/or where your placed on the waitlist?
-Interviewed 4/8 and noticed my prereqs listed yesterday

Did anyone who noticed their prereqs listed receive an email that you are on the waitlist &/or where your placed on the waitlist?
-Interviewed 4/8 and noticed my prereqs listed yesterday
Same here and still no email

Hows the waitlist movement at this school?

We probably won’t see any substantial movement till later this week. Maybe even next week. May 1st is the AMCAS deadline for students to be commit to their school, so the committee will most likely make decisions once that has taken place. But I’ve heard that CCOM’s waitlist generally has a decent amount of movement.

Reactions: 1 users
For those of you that saw your pre reqs come up on the portal, did you receive an email or letter in the mail saying you were waitlisted yet? I have not