2019-2020 Midwestern University, with campuses in (Chicago, Illinois) CCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Dang I was finished the same day and haven't heard anything... Hoping for the best though, and congrats to all those II's!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
All Thursdays, Fridays and Mondays from like the second week in Oct until the end of the Oct

Members don't see this ad :)
I priced the O’hare to CCOM uber to be $30 ish, probably not worth renting a car

Congrats!! Guess I’m not in the running . Complete 8/22. (504 mcat and 3.4 GPA, science gpa 3.71, non trad URM).
As long as you did not get the rejection, you're always in the running!

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats!! Guess I’m not in the running . Complete 8/22. (504 mcat and 3.4 GPA, science gpa 3.71, non trad URM).

Thanks! I wouldn't say that. You've only been complete for not even a week! A lot of people haven't heard back yet with an earlier complete date.

I even sent them an ITA email! they looked at my app because they marked it complete right after my email. So probably pending a reject :/.
Please chill out... I've seen you on multiple threads saying you've probably been rejected or passed on. You realize that you have not even complete for an entire week yet, right? These schools have received thousands of applications before yours and likely have not even reached your file yet.

Find something else to occupy your time while you're waiting for invites. It will leave you less stressed out and neurotic about this process. If you're complete, there's nothing else to do.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Please chill out... I've seen you on multiple threads saying you've probably been rejected or passed on. You realize that you have not even complete for an entire week yet, right? These schools have received thousands of applications before yours and likely have not even reached your file yet.

Find something else to occupy your time while you're waiting for invites. It will leave you less stressed out and neurotic about this process. If you're complete, there's nothing else to do.
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
II a few hours ago, complete mid-July!

Reactions: 2 users
4th yr here. Holla if you have any questions about the school or application process

I'm curious about the interview format. I know there is a panel of interviewers, but the website's explanation seems pretty vague. Does the entire panel see one applicant at a time, or is it one of those things where they interview an entire group of candidates at the same time? How long does the interview last, and was it stressful for you?

I'm curious about the interview format. I know there is a panel of interviewers, but the website's explanation seems pretty vague. Does the entire panel see one applicant at a time, or is it one of those things where they interview an entire group of candidates at the same time? How long does the interview last, and was it stressful for you?

Also curious for more information on what to expect for the interview! Any insights or advice would be much appreciated.

You interview with a combination of physician/professor/student for a total of 3 people at the same time. Interview is about 20-30 minutes long.

3 on 1 interview; physician, professor and 3rd or 4th yr. They will interview for approximately 20-30min. It’s a pretty easy going interview. Remember that an invite means you’re good enough on paper, now it’s just to see if you’re a good fit

Reactions: 3 users
II today, so excited! 513 MCAT, 3.82 cGPA, 3.77 sGPA. Complete 6/30. Good luck to everyone!

Idk if this type of thing is common but if you’re interviewing Fri Oct 18 and were planning on staying in Chicago the weekend, I’m gonna be exploring and hitting up some rooftop bars if anyone would like to join!

3 on 1 interview; physician, professor and 3rd or 4th yr. They will interview for approximately 20-30min. It’s a pretty easy going interview. Remember that an invite means you’re good enough on paper, now it’s just to see if you’re a good fit
Right. Thanks!

Will be withdrawing my II. Hope it goes to one of y’all

I have an interview on 9/9.
One of the physicians I work with conducts some of the interviews.
She had the following advice: No one in the interview is out to get you. Make sure to not drone on or spend more than 2-4 minutes on a question. The interviewers tend to zone out if you spend too much time answering one question.

Reactions: 3 users
Hey guys, does Midwestern accept updates? If so, how do I go about submitting one?

I am withdrawing from my interview, hopefully someone gets my spot! Good luck everyone!!

II today! one of my top choices, really hope it goes well!!

I was complete back in early July and still no response. Hoping I wasnt passed up.
There is still tons of time left in this cycle.

I was complete back in early July and still no response. Hoping I wasnt passed up.
I also completed mine early July. So don't give up! There's still plenty of time and plenty of interview days left!

Same here, but I was complete later July. No pre-II WL or R or anything, just silence from both campuses since getting the complete emails from them :(
Tempted to reach out to them, but I'm sure they'll just tell me to keep waiting anyway.

Does Midwestern do traditional or MMI format interviews?

Same here, but I was complete later July. No pre-II WL or R or anything, just silence from both campuses since getting the complete emails from them :(
Tempted to reach out to them, but I'm sure they'll just tell me to keep waiting anyway.
I did receive a pre-II WL for AZCOM.
Dont know when ill be contact for an actual II by AZCOM

Does anyone know if this school is open to ITA emails? I'm from PNW and have an interview at LECOM and think it will be much MUCH cheaper to travel from Erie to Chicago. I'm preeeeetty broke.

Does anyone know if this school is open to ITA emails? I'm from PNW and have an interview at LECOM and think it will be much MUCH cheaper to travel from Erie to Chicago. I'm preeeeetty broke.
you can call and ask them without sharing identifying info

Anyone already interviewed and can tell us a bit on what to expect? Interviewing tomorrow plus this is my first interview so not sure what to expect and super nervous!

It’s a chill day all around. Just relax and enjoy the day. They have impressive facilities and the students loved the school. My interview was super conversational.

It’s a chill day all around. Just relax and enjoy the day. They have impressive facilities and the students loved the school. My interview was super conversational.
Sounds great!! Thanks for the info!

I'll have some time to kill at CCOM before my interview. Anyone know if they will let me get a lift in at their rec center?

I'll have some time to kill at CCOM before my interview. Anyone know if they will let me get a lift in at their rec center?
You’ll need an ID to get in. There’s the local Xsport you can try

Currently an OMS-1 here and was in the Masters' Program as well! DM me if you have any questions :)

Currently an OMS-1 here and was in the Masters' Program as well! DM me if you have any questions :)
Can you talk more about your OMM class? What exactly do you do? The only thing the M1 student talked about during my interview day was to not date in your class or else it'll make OMM uncomfortable b/c you have to take your clothes off lol

Can you talk more about your OMM class? What exactly do you do? The only thing the M1 student talked about during my interview day was to not date in your class or else it'll make OMM uncomfortable b/c you have to take your clothes off lol
In lab, you just stick with your pod and partner up to practice the techniques for the day. You only take off your scrub top, and even then, it’s not necessary. As far as dating in your class, you’re an adult and can do whatever you want