2019-2020 LSU New Orleans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The cycle is still very young. The feeling of not being in control or having a solid expectation for a timeline is not enjoyable to say the least, but no need to start worrying. I have many classmates who did not interview until after Christmas. Once your app is complete and verified all you can do is wait.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I got a “complete” email on July 22 and today I got a “complete and under active consideration” email today. What’s the difference between the two?!

I got a “complete” email on July 22 and today I got a “complete and under active consideration” email today. What’s the difference between the two?!

The first email was just letting you know all your stuff was in. Now someone is actually actively looking at your app.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Complete e-mail received today.

Has anyone received an interview invitation yet? Last year people were getting the invites about a week or so ago.

What does the e-mail say? I got one that said "Your file is complete and under active consideration".

Yep, that is what it said. I got an initial file complete email on 7/30. Then got a file complete and active consideration email on 8/22.

RD, IS
Secondary completed: 7/1
File complete: 8/13
Under active consideration: 8/26

Question: I have 2 changes to my work experience (one is a new job and the other one is a promotion at my current job) since submitting my primary app. Is it appropriate to submit these to Admissions as updates? Would now be a good time since I am currently under review?

Members don't see this ad :)
RD, IS
Secondary completed: 7/1
File complete: 8/13
Under active consideration: 8/26

Question: I have 2 changes to my work experience (one is a new job and the other one is a promotion at my current job) since submitting my primary app. Is it appropriate to submit these to Admissions as updates? Would now be a good time since I am currently under review?
Updates are generally advised for post interview

Hello guys. I know the anxiety you all are feeling all too well and I wish the best of luck to all of you. I was a three time reapplicant and am now an L1. That being said, take every opportunity to build your application up and KEEP APPLYING. Don’t let this cycle break you!
Also, know your definition of professionalism and success. It WILL be asked at your interviews. Interviews here are very laid back and enjoyable.

Been trying to figure out this webadmit **** for like two weeks. Called webadmit to figure out what was good and they told me the account is active; ultimately, I found out LSU never sent me the link.

Nice.

Interview *Invite today, regular decision MD. Completed beginning of July.

Last edited:
Interview invite today on 9/5! IS.

Received "active consideration" email on 9/3.

Reactions: 2 users
when's your interview and days were available?

I think the offerings were Monday,Tuesday, Wednesday offerings beginning September 16th through late October, possibly later than that. I can't view the offering now that I've submitted my choice.

I hope you guys hear back shortly as well!

For the questionnaire it asks "Please indicate below any experiences in which you have been a volunteer or worker as previously listed on your AMCAS Application Report. . . " The amount of space given in the PDF is very small, are we supposed to write beyond the space visible on the screen? How does this look when you submit the file? are they able to see everything? Thanks in advance.

Interview Invite yesterday around noon! Complete on 7/25 and under review on 8/8! LizzyM: 73

when's your interview and days were available?
I just scheduled this morning because I was caught up with work yesterday, but the September dates have mostly filled up overnight. The last September date available was the 9/24 interview. Most of the October dates were still available though.

Congratulations to everyone who has received an interview invitation!

It seems as though only RD are getting the invites. I haven't seen any ED people post about their interview invites... I am also ED and have yet to hear anything. I'm thinking that's not a good sign :cryi:

Congratulations to everyone who has received an interview invitation!

It seems as though only RD are getting the invites. I haven't seen any ED people post about their interview invites... I am also ED and have yet to hear anything. I'm thinking that's not a good sign :cryi:
Same here. ED reapplicant but I retook the MCAT again which is likely going to push me into the regular decision pool. I didn't want to check this until after my test to avoid distractions, but congrats to all who got interview invites! I mean a 517 is pretty damn good enough to go anywhere, so I'm sure that's an auto acceptance.

Same here. ED reapplicant but I retook the MCAT again which is likely going to push me into the regular decision pool. I didn't want to check this until after my test to avoid distractions, but congrats to all who got interview invites! I mean a 517 is pretty damn good enough to go anywhere, so I'm sure that's an auto acceptance.

Again, same here. ED reapplicant with a new MCAT. However, my new MCAT was in before the Sept. 1 deadline. Starting to get disheartened because the website says we'll know their ED decision by Oct.1. Being Sept. 7, that doesn't leave much time for positive outcomes :(

Again, same here. ED reapplicant with a new MCAT. However, my new MCAT was in before the Sept. 1 deadline. Starting to get disheartened because the website says we'll know their ED decision by Oct.1. Being Sept. 7, that doesn't leave much time for positive outcomes :(

The AMCAS website says we'll know ED by Oct. 1, right? The LSU deadlines link from the ED secondary portal has Oct. 15 as the first acceptance notice. Unfortunately, LSU's website doesn't provide much information about ED...

The AMCAS website says we'll know ED by Oct. 1, right? The LSU deadlines link from the ED secondary portal has Oct. 15 as the first acceptance notice. Unfortunately, LSU's website doesn't provide much information about ED...
That's what I understand to be the case. So does that mean they have until Oct. 1 to let us know if we'll get an interview at all. And then they have until the interview and the time it takes to decide our acceptance after the interview. And THEN we'd be able to apply elsewhere? I'm just getting concerned because if that's true, we could be trapped until mid-late October before we can apply anywhere else.

That's what I understand to be the case. So does that mean they have until Oct. 1 to let us know if we'll get an interview at all. And then they have until the interview and the time it takes to decide our acceptance after the interview. And THEN we'd be able to apply elsewhere? I'm just getting concerned because if that's true, we could be trapped until mid-late October before we can apply anywhere else.
The ED Timeline has it that people will have been interviewed throughout September and have a the notice of acceptance by the October 1st deadline (is the date that I thought I remembered but it may be the 15th). If you haven't received an interview at this point as an ED you are most likely in the RD applicant pool now because the interview dates for September have already filled up. Once the Oct 1st date comes around and still no word then you can probably start sending in apps to other places as well.

The ED Timeline has it that people will have been interviewed throughout September and have a the notice of acceptance by the October 1st deadline (is the date that I thought I remembered but it may be the 15th). If you haven't received an interview at this point as an ED you are most likely in the RD applicant pool now because the interview dates for September have already filled up. Once the Oct 1st date comes around and still no word then you can probably start sending in apps to other places as well.
I agree. I just wonder if anyone from ED has been invited to interview or not, since we've only heard about RD people. I feel like they should at least let us know that they are moving forward with RD applicants so that we can release our apps to other schools earlier than being notified in October. It's just frustrating.

I understand, I feel like there may be some who just don't have SDN, but I think I remember Dr. Eubanks in the past mentioning that they only interview a handful from ED anyway (ie it doesn't have as significant of a number/impact as it does for Shreveport). I could be wrong though.

ED people who haven’t heard about an interview, check your snail mail. Just got a letter saying I was rolled over to RD.

Early decision interviews were this past week. There were 70 applicants and LSU interviewed 24.

Did you guys attach a supplement letter to fill out the activities table in the questionnaire? When I type there's not enough room and I don't think they can see it based on my email communication with them.

Can I just say, this was literally the most ridiculous/poorly formatted/unorganized secondary I have had. Why is stuff on their secondary instructions page capitalized/bolded/underlined at random?? And why am I printing and scanning PDFs to them when other schools have entirely online supplements? And why am I reiterating everything that is already on my primary application on their separate forms? I'm so annoyed lol. And also it's sus that they want photocopies of our DL and SS cards smh. Not super happy with this school so far, I feel like they could be doing a lot better admin-wise. /end rant.

Reactions: 5 users
Can I just say, this was literally the most ridiculous/poorly formatted/unorganized secondary I have had. Why is stuff on their secondary instructions page capitalized/bolded/underlined at random?? And why am I printing and scanning PDFs to them when other schools have entirely online supplements? And why am I reiterating everything that is already on my primary application on their separate forms? I'm so annoyed lol. And also it's sus that they want photocopies of our DL and SS cards smh. Not super happy with this school so far, I feel like they could be doing a lot better admin-wise. /end rant.
I absolutely agree with you. I applied to 16 schools and this secondary was egregious in comparison to the others. It didn’t even have any essays, either. It was very frustrating having to find and compile the 10 different documents they require. Really makes you wonder how they run the school if the secondary application is this disorganized...

I absolutely agree with you. I applied to 16 schools and this secondary was egregious in comparison to the others. It didn’t even have any essays, either. It was very frustrating having to find and compile the 10 different documents they require. Really makes you wonder how they run the school if the secondary application is this disorganized...

Hey, do you mind telling me what documents we need to upload? Thanks