2019-2020 Indiana

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Where's this number from? Does that mean they accepted 480 last year or?

IU had 583 accepts last year (374 IS, 209 OOS), for about a 74% post-II A rate for IS applicants and 38% post-II A rate for OOS applicants.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
IU had 583 accepts last year (374 IS, 209 OOS), for about a 74% post-II A rate for IS applicants and 38% post-II A rate for OOS applicants.

Do you mean how many acceptance offers they make? On their website, it states that only 365 students matriculate.

I imagine that they extend more acceptances than their class size because people may pick other schools, etc.

Reactions: 1 user
Do you mean how many acceptance offers they make? On their website, it states that only 365 students matriculate.

I imagine that they extend more acceptances than their class size because people may pick other schools, etc.

Yup, those were acceptance offers. All schools accept ~1.5-3 times their class size.

Anybody else get the email for the legal disclosure form today? When I click the link it takes me to a page that says server error application

Anybody else get the email for the legal disclosure form today? When I click the link it takes me to a page that says server error application

If you email admissions, they can send you a working link. Same thing happened to me with their post-interview survey.

If you email admissions, they can send you a working link. Same thing happened to me with their post-interview survey.

its also uploaded in the applicant portal. There’s a link above the box for pre-matriculation status.

Has anyone received information regarding background checks? It says it should be completed by mid-March but I have not received anything yet.

Thank you LegsPainted!

DrFiend: I received verification quickly from Certiphi and have green check on portal

Also just to clarify, we upload Academic record and legal disclosure form directly to the portal in the document upload tab correct? We do not need to send a physical copy to the office of admissions?

Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone received information regarding background checks? It says it should be completed by mid-March but I have not received anything yet.
Yes my check mark is green in the applicant portal. I had the background check done sometime in January, if I recall.

Thank you LegsPainted!

DrFiend: I received verification quickly from Certiphi and have green check on portal

Also just to clarify, we upload Academic record and legal disclosure form directly to the portal in the document upload tab correct? We do not need to send a physical copy to the office of admissions?

Thanks again

Correct. Atleast, I never saw anything about send the copy to the office. Portal says to simply upload it. Saves me a trip to the post office :)

For the Academic Record portion of the Academic Record & Legal Discourse form, it says to photocopy the completed form for your records and includes the date you completed all coursework, graduation date, degree earned and degree conferral date. Would that information be found in my official/unofficial transcript and that alone I can attached along to the form or do I literally just answer the questions and then send it back?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anybody know what the typical MS1 M-F schedule is for IUSM or have resources on where to find it? Their website has lots of info on curriculum details but I'm curious about a sample schedule :)

Reactions: 2 users
For the Academic Record portion of the Academic Record & Legal Discourse form, it says to photocopy the completed form for your records and includes the date you completed all coursework, graduation date, degree earned and degree conferral date. Would that information be found in my official/unofficial transcript and that alone I can attached along to the form or do I literally just answer the questions and then send it back?

My interpretation was to photocopy the legal form itself after filling it out and uploading it to the portal. Check your school policy as to when your degree is conferred and all that.

My interpretation was to photocopy the legal form itself after filling it out and uploading it to the portal. Check your school policy as to when your degree is conferred and all that.

Well I mean my degree was conferred upon graduation right? Or when I received my diplomas in the mail? Sorry I might be reading too much into all of this but I just didn’t want to screw up somewhere in all this craziness

Well I mean my degree was conferred upon graduation right? Or when I received my diplomas in the mail? Sorry I might be reading too much into all of this but I just didn’t want to screw up somewhere in all this craziness

No worries, I completely get where you’re coming from. I’d check your transcript for the official date when your degree was conferred because it could be different from the date you received the diplomas in the mail.

For my undergrad, it was the date of commencement. On my unofficial transcript, it clearly states the date I received my degrees which was on the day of commencement.

My school's office is only sending electronic right now, so Im going to send it electronically for the time being to the inmed email. I was told that they need a hard copy though, at which point idk when the office will reopen

EDIT: Dont wanna misguide, I think they need a hard copy. Im going to wait until my university opens again.

I agree, I thought of sending it electronic. But where does it say they need hard copy?

Things might have changed with everything going on, but when I sent mine i know that they required a hard copy. I think that it said something about on of the sheets that came in acceptance packet in the mail, but not 100% sure

Does anybody know what the typical MS1 M-F schedule is for IUSM or have resources on where to find it? Their website has lots of info on curriculum details but I'm curious about a sample schedule :)

Yes! I have been looking for that info for a while. If it isn't available online are there any MS1/2 students following this thread who could share that?

Well... then again, with the covid19 pandemic who knows if we will even have the same class schedule as past classes. I might basically be over by then, but I have also seen some sources predicting that it will slow down over the summer and then surge again in the fall. We shall see.

I believe the address to mail the transcripts to are the Office of Admissions in Indianapolis - the Fesler Hall address. This might be it: 340 W. 10th St. FS 6200 Indianapolis, IN 46202.

I mailed my transcripts there.

I believe the address to mail the transcripts to are the Office of Admissions in Indianapolis - the Fesler Hall address. This might be it: 340 W. 10th St. FS 6200 Indianapolis, IN 46202.

I mailed my transcripts there.

I used:
340 W 10th Street
Fairbanks Hall, Suite 6200
Indianapolis, IN 46202-3082

Received an email this AM from Jose indicated that they have extended acceptances to the last group of applicants. This means they’ll be working on loan packages for accepted students.

Received an email this AM from Jose indicated that they have extended acceptances to the last group of applicants. This means they’ll be working on loan packages for accepted students.

Well thats unfortunate. Thanks for the update.

Do you mind sharing what the email said that indicated this to you?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well thats unfortunate. Thanks for the update.

Do you mind sharing what the email said that indicated this to you?

First line of the email:

"Now that we have admitted our last group of students for the Class of 2024 and they have been notified as of March 15th, we will focus on getting financial aid information to all accepted students."

This is hard news to take. There are a lot of you in the same boat as me. But let’s stay positive and hope to be waitlisted and accepted off the waitlist. Praying for peace and comfort for everyone going through this right now.

Reactions: 5 users
I wonder where this leaves us waitlist SCP people, since they told us we are still being considered for regular MD as well...

I wonder where this leaves us waitlist SCP people, since they told us we are still being considered for regular MD as well...
Yeah... I’m hoping there’s a lot of WL movement for the SCP. Guess we will see in the near future?

According to an email this morning by Jose, Financial Aid packages are ready. Does anyone know how to create/access this one.iu account?

I am wondering the same thing!

I typed "creating one.iu account" in google and a link was shared. According to one.iu website we would need a University ID (now I'm wondering where I would that get too!).

I typed "creating one.iu account" in google and a link was shared. According to one.iu website we would need a University ID (now I'm wondering where I would that get too!).
I got my University ID via email about 2-3 weeks after I was accepted

I got my University ID via email about 2-3 weeks after I was accepted
Yes I checked the thread on here and saw others who did as well. They must have missed me in the process. I was emailed my UID after my email. Will take 24 hours to set up my account after I’ve created it.

This has got to be one of the most unorganized/sketchy/ambiguous/uncommunicable/vague admissions department in the history of all medical school admission departments. EVER!
So done...

This has got to be one of the most unorganized/sketchy/ambiguous/uncommunicable/vague admissions department in the history of all medical school admission departments. EVER!
So done...
They've been nothing but informative and extremely quick to respond. Have you tried e-mailing them?

Also, theres just a slight pandemic going on right now... have some empathy. They're all just people with families, concerns, and could possibly be scrambling for supplies.

Last edited by a moderator:
They've been nothing but informative and extremely quick to respond. Have you tried e-mailing them?

Also, theres just a slight pandemic going on right now... have some empathy. They're all just people with families, concerns, and could possibly be scrambling for supplies.
Let's start off with the fact that i've interviewed early October and have not heard a word from them ever since... My issue has been unresolved long before the pandemic. Even after contacting them and asking about my status, all they did was tell me to wait... Waiting one or two months, okay maybe normal... but 5 months and no word!!
And don't get me started with how unorganized my interview day was and the trouble I had to go through to reschedule an assigned date... And I sure as heck am not alone here.
Yes, there is a pandemic and my heart goes out to everyone affected by it, but everything did not shut down only until a couple weeks ago (max). In other words, the pandemic is not an excuse for their lack of communication to students who have been waiting almost half a year now for some info on their statuses. Just saying...

Reactions: 8 users
Let's start off with the fact that i've interviewed early October and have not heard a word from them ever since... My issue has been unresolved long before the pandemic. Even after contacting them and asking about my status, all they did was tell me to wait... Waiting one or two months, okay maybe normal... but 5 months and no word!!
And don't get me started with how unorganized my interview day was and the trouble I had to go through to reschedule an assigned date... And I sure as heck am not alone here.
Yes, there is a pandemic and my heart goes out to everyone affected by it, but everything did not shut down only until a couple weeks ago (max). In other words, the pandemic is not an excuse for their lack of communication to students who have been waiting almost half a year now for some info on their statuses. Just saying...

I do have to agree with your experiences. I waited about 4 months to hear back. Although, I never reached out to them after my interview because I knew that if they want me they will let me know. And if they didn't then it be so. On a similar note, I have found that navigating the entire process from the beginning has been cumbersome and irksome. However, I just dealt with it because my threshold for patience is high for me.

I think from this year's current thread and previous years, rescheduling has been a hit or miss. Although, a lot of schools give hard dates without the change to chance to change. BUT IU only provided one date two weeks before the "assigned" interview date which is really really really an inconvenience on many levels especially for OOS applicants. I still bit the bullet because I wanted the opportunity. My interview was okay, I got enough information for what I needed. I was only really interested in the interview and nothing else because everything else was online and I needed to catch a flight back home.

Nonetheless, your feelings resonate with me on many levels. I'm feeling like as applicants we have to be our own advocate in a process that should be streamlined even more without potholes.

I do have to agree with your experiences. I waited about 4 months to hear back. Although, I never reached out to them after my interview because I knew that if they want me they will let me know. And if they didn't then it be so. On a similar note, I have found that navigating the entire process from the beginning has been cumbersome and irksome. However, I just dealt with it because my threshold for patience is high for me.

I think from this year's current thread and previous years, rescheduling has been a hit or miss. Although, a lot of schools give hard dates without the change to chance to change. BUT IU only provided one date two weeks before the "assigned" interview date which is really really really an inconvenience on many levels especially for OOS applicants. I still bit the bullet because I wanted the opportunity. My interview was okay, I got enough information for what I needed. I was only really interested in the interview and nothing else because everything else was online and I needed to catch a flight back home.

Nonetheless, your feelings resonate with me on many levels. I'm feeling like as applicants we have to be our own advocate in a process that should be streamlined even more without potholes.
I couldn't have said it better myself! Congrats on the acceptance btw! Hopefully I won't have to wait too much longer to figure out if IU is still even an option...

To those accepted and wondering how to get your UID:

1.) on pre matriculation tab there is a one.iu link that I had to copy and paste. It is to get to student onboarding tasks.

2.) once there you will see a bunch of options but scroll down to tab that says student university id look up.

3.) follow the steps then you should get it.

4.) after you get UID, you can return to the portal and create your first IU account.

Or just email them lol

Hope this helps!

To those accepted and wondering how to get your UID:

1.) on pre matriculation tab there is a one.iu link that I had to copy and paste. It is to get to student onboarding tasks.

2.) once there you will see a bunch of options but scroll down to tab that says student university id look up.

3.) follow the steps then you should get it.

4.) after you get UID, you can return to the portal and create your first IU account.

Or just email them lol

Hope this helps!

Here is the link for step 1

one.iu.edu/collection/iu/iusm-students-onboarding

Is anyone else having problems accessing the application portal? I am trying to withdraw my acceptance.

Is anyone else having problems accessing the application portal? I am trying to withdraw my acceptance.

I can access it just fine right this minute. But as far as I can see there isn't any kind of "withdraw acceptance" option in the portal? You might need to just email the admissions department to report your withdrawal.