2019-2020 Indiana

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank you for sharing your story. I personally want to say that you are worth it. Regardless of the outcome you are a king or queen. SDN is one those blackholes that we generally judge our worth based on "scores and LM ****" but the truth is that you have a story to tell. Your narrative is so different from each one of us. Adcom sees those narratives. They read out stories and at interviews hear our stories. Nonetheless, what is meant for you will be yours alone, and what is meant for someone else will be there.

I'm truly sending you positive vibes. Every person deserves a chance to make their dreams a reality.

This tbh. >>>>>>>

Thank you for the kind words. I couldn't have said it any better for someone in need. We all in this together and I just hope all our efforts pay off whether in medicine or the clarity elsewhere. As MLK Jr. once said, "the ultimate measure of a man/woman is not where he/she stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he/she stands in times of challenge and controversy." Thus, patience is key for me and I hope that one day my story as a re-applicant with 497 MCAT serves as a testament that we are more than our metrics with hard work and humility.

Members don't see this ad.

I might be too new to the accepted crowd, but no checks for me for fafsa. If it helps, my portal just updated with a check for my background check.

I just don't want ISU to disqualify me because it's not in. I will sending them my entire FASFA via email, mail, fax and ubering to them so they know it's IN. LOL

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
This tbh. >>>>>>>

Thank you for the kind words. I couldn't have said it any better for someone in need. We all in this together and I just hope all our efforts pay off whether in medicine or the clarity elsewhere. As MLK Jr. once said, "the ultimate measure of a man/woman is not where he/she stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he/she stands in times of challenge and controversy." Thus, patience is key for me and I hope that one day my story as a re-applicant with 497 MCAT serves as a testament that we are more than our metrics with hard work and humility.

We are MORE than our metrics. We don't learn empathy, humility, compassion, authenticity, kindness, etc. from our metrics or a textbook. Those skills alone can't be measured by exams or a qualification. Our future patients will never care if we ended up at ISUSM, Harvard, Baylor, or UCLA. They will only care about how we treated them.

I am rooting for you! My hope is that when Orientation comes along I'll be seeing you in the audience.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For anyone accepted, on the pre=matriculation tab does anyone know when the green check mark comes around after completing FASFA? I submitted my FASFA back in October and just wondering why ISU has it not completed? Any thoughts or insights?
FWIW I was accepted in December, FAFSA complete early Jan, still not showing complete

I just don't want ISU to disqualify me because it's not in. I will sending them my entire FASFA via email, mail, fax and ubering to them so they know it's IN. LOL
I feel this lol I was kinda worried about them losing that physical intent to enroll form for the exact same reason.

I feel this lol I was kinda worried about them losing that physical intent to enroll form for the exact same reason.
FWIW I was accepted in December, FAFSA complete early Jan, still not showing complete

Alrighty so it's not just me feeling paranoid. I should reach out to Jose and ask for clarification on this matter.

Alrighty so it's not just me feeling paranoid. I should reach out to Jose and ask for clarification on this matter.
Lmfao nah, u arent alone at all. Let us know what he says! (also lets us know if u find out anything about the health documents)

So I am guessing that you have already looked at the webpage on IU's admissions website about residency placement?

If this is helpful, at some point I acquired an excel sheet supposedly of residency director rankings of schools, Indiana is #40 on the ranking (just below Sinai/BU/Georgetown and just above Ohio State/UCD/Jefferson).

There is more detail about percentage into each residency posted on the MSAR. This is visible on the free/public version of MSAR so I think its cool to copy it here.

SpecialtyPercentage
Anesthesiology15%
Dermatology0%
Emergency Medicine7%
Family Medicine7%
Neurology6%
Internal Medicine14%
Obstetrics/Gynecology2%
Orthopedic Surgery9%
Otolaryngology1%
Pathology2%
Pediatrics10%
Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation0%
Plastic Surgery1%
Psychiatry1%
Radiology Diagnostic5%
Surgery General8%

Okay, so the info provided by AAMC/MSAR must be drawn from a different year(s) than the info provided on that IU webpage. If you look at that table Gen surg and ortho are in the top 5 instead of ER and FM.

Hopefully someone else can provide the percentage accepted to their top choice, and/or specific residency programs that students were accepted to.
Yea this info is nice, but I'm thinking more of the raw data. Specifically what residency programs/hospitals IU grads typically matriculate to rather than just the specialties. Should've phrased my initial question better prolly lol

For those who are accepted/matriculating:

maybe a dumb question, but where are you sending your official transcripts? I do not see IUSM on drop-down menu on NSC website.

thanks

For those who are accepted/matriculating:

maybe a dumb question, but where are you sending your official transcripts? I do not see IUSM on drop-down menu on NSC website.

thanks
I sent mine Monday. I’m not sure what NCS is, but I just went to each of my college’s websites to order the official transcripts and had them mail the official hard copy to the admissions office. The address is at the bottom of their website. The fesler hall address

I was waitlisted at the Evansville SCP back in December and have yet to hear anything since. Has anyone here been accepted off the WL for any SCPs? Also this may be a dumb question, but if I was WL for SCP does that mean I should have a good shot at acceptance for RD? Wishing everyone the best of luck this cycle!

I was waitlisted at the Evansville SCP back in December and have yet to hear anything since. Has anyone here been accepted off the WL for any SCPs? Also this may be a dumb question, but if I was WL for SCP does that mean I should have a good shot at acceptance for RD? Wishing everyone the best of luck this cycle!
waitlist for gary, wondering the same things

I was also waitlisted at Evansville. I'm hoping that the lack of response for those on the WL for SCP is because they anticipate people being let off that WL into the SCP, rather than spending one of their RD spots on them. But maybe I'm just jaded with hope lol

Members don't see this ad :)
I was also waitlisted at Evansville. I'm hoping that the lack of response for those on the WL for SCP is because they anticipate people being let off that WL into the SCP, rather than spending one of their RD spots on them. But maybe I'm just jaded with hope lol

I feel the exact same way! Hopefully we can get an answer one way or another in the near future. This waiting is taking years off my life haha

Reactions: 1 users
Neurotic thought of the day: Does anybody who has been accepted know how many people are in the FB group? I ask as IU will probably fill the class with this next round of decisions (based off info Ive read in the thread), at least temporarily (not counting waitlists, etc), with IS applicants (again based off info Ive read in the thread), and Im wondering how many seats are left approx. IS rejected SCP, trying to hang on to hope

IUSM 2024 FB group currently has 259 members. Probably an underestimate as there could be people who haven’t accepted the invite or people who are not on Facebook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IUSM 2024 FB group currently has 259 members. Probably an underestimate as there could be people who haven’t accepted the invite or people who are not on Facebook.

I don't have Facebook :( but been accepted.

Does anyone know if IU does a second look? Sorry if this question has been posed before.

interviewed 9/11 at gary campus and was waitlisted for scp, was really hoping i'd get a regular admissions decision this month, but no luck
Me too, 9/11 Gary interview for SCP and got waitlisted. I'm sure we hung out for like 3 hours while waiting to be interviewed, how are you doing?
I'm pretty sure I remember them saying we would hear back "probably in November, maybe longer for SCP applicants" but never did I expect this is what would end up happening hahaha.

Second Look is scheduled for Friday, April 3, 2020 from 8am-3pm. Only 40 spots. This is an invite only event. In addition, travel expenses will be reimbursed (wow!).

Second Look is scheduled for Friday, April 3, 2020 from 8am-3pm. Only 40 spots. This is an invite only event. In addition, travel expenses will be reimbursed (wow!).
How do they decide who to invite? I'm accepted but didn't get an email about it.

Does anyone know if we will be notified about our campus assignment before April 30th, when we need to "commit to enroll" on AMCAS? Thanks!

How do they decide who to invite? I'm accepted but didn't get an email about it.
Honestly, I thought everyone who was accepted would be invited. If not, then I’m not sure how it was determined. Are you IS or OOS?

Honestly, I thought everyone who was accepted would be invited. If not, then I’m not sure how it was determined. Are you IS or OOS?

I was also accepted (OOS) but didn’t get the invite. Among other things, I’m guessing they might prioritize inviting students possibly holding multiple offers (based on that multiple acceptance report the schools are said to get starting in Feb)?

I was also accepted (OOS) but didn’t get the invite. Among other things, I’m guessing they might prioritize inviting students possibly holding multiple offers (based on that multiple acceptance report the schools are said to get starting in Feb)?

My understanding is that they can't see the student's information just an aggregate number of students who selected "plan to enroll" feature. Unless they all lied to us and they could see if we hold other offers. But that would be shady tho on AMCAS.

My understanding is that they can't see the student's information just an aggregate number of students who selected "plan to enroll" feature. Unless they all lied to us and they could see if we hold other offers. But that would be shady tho on AMCAS.

This was changed. They can no longer see how many As each person is holding.

Received official invite this AM. They only paying for travel, not accommodations for stay (I.e. hotel). Visit is to Indianapolis only.

Received official invite this AM. They only paying for travel, not accommodations for stay (I.e. hotel). Visit is to Indianapolis only.

Same. I was hoping that we’d be able to bring a guest (parent) to the second look. Does anyone know if this is possible?

The email says that they cannot accommodate guests. It's also only limited to 40 people which is quite unfortunate considering the size of the entering class.

Same. I was hoping that we’d be able to bring a guest (parent) to the second look. Does anyone know if this is possible?

The email says that they cannot accommodate guests. It's also only limited to 40 people which is quite unfortunate considering the size of the entering class.
Well I won’t be going. Flying from CA is expensive. Since Indianapolis isn’t my first campus choice I’ll sit this one out.

They are reimbursing airfare though. So that definitely helps
Correct, it’s a good incentive but I also have to take time off work, hotel, car rent or uber. Cumulatively, it’s more of an expense that I don’t really want if I already know Indiana is one of my top choices. I’m sure I’ll get more information from them during the visit but they don’t need to be convincing me to go since I’m already willing haha

Kinda salty that they don't offer second look to everyone. It would definitely be ideal to have a campus specific second look after we get our assignments.

Kinda salty that they don't offer second look to everyone. It would definitely be ideal to have a campus specific second look after we get our assignments.
Yeah I agree, a campus specific look would been a better option. Also the invite says to reserve by March 27th or when seats are all full.

Second look just cancelled.... Sucks, I really wanted to go

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if IU accepts LOI's or updates?
I'm not really sure, but someone much earlier in the thread said that they sent one last year and were accepted a month later or something like that. I am not sure if the letter had anything to do with their decision or if IU even looked at it but I don't think that it doesn't look like it hurts to send one.

Where would one send it ? To whom?
I'm not really sure, but someone much earlier in the thread said that they sent one last year and were accepted a month later or something like that. I am not sure if the letter had anything to do with their decision or if IU even looked at it but I don't think that it doesn't look like it hurts to send one.

yoo... this might be selfish but i hope they still meet to send our acceptances for the month of March... like I know coronvavirus and hope they stay healthy but apparently this is when they send out most IS acceptances...

Reactions: 4 users
When are they scheduled to meet next? The 15th? The 15th is technically Sunday.

yoo... this might be selfish but i hope they still meet to send our acceptances for the month of March... like I know coronvavirus and hope they stay healthy but apparently this is when they send out most IS acceptances...

The letters go out the 15th. The committee had probably already met

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know how many tickets we get for White Coat Ceremony?

Where would one send it ? To whom?
I believe the person said that they just emailed it to the admission office but I think there might be an area to upload some kind of materials on our admissions portal!