2019-2020 Indiana

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I believe the person said that they just emailed it to the admission office but I think there might be an area to upload some kind of materials on our admissions portal!
I was told to upload it into my admissions portal. Sent a letter of "strong" interest before my decision post interview and was accepted. Idk if it helped but it didn't seem to hurt me.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
I believe they will be mailing out the final set of non-WL admissions tomorrow. Good luck everyone! Hoping to get one myself. Also wondering when there will be movement for people WL’ed for the SCPs.

Reactions: 1 users
I believe they will be mailing out the final set of non-WL admissions tomorrow. Good luck everyone! Hoping to get one myself. Also wondering when there will be movement for people WL’ed for the SCPs.

whats your source?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do portals update in addition to receiving mail? Asking for IS. Curious because my work sent out an email closing for a couple weeks and I’d like to be home in case of a government lockdown lol and that address isn’t listed on my app anywhere
Yes, your portal updates with the admissions offer letter, and it lets you rank your campuses. Someone pointed out the portals have been changing on the 21st.

whats your source?
Probably that no one is working on Sunday and that it is known March is the last time they accept students regularly. If you don't get an acceptance this month then you'll hear back with either an R (hopefully not) or a WL.

Probably that no one is working on Sunday and that it is known March is the last time they accept students regularly. If you don't get an acceptance this month then you'll hear back with either an R (hopefully not) or a WL.

They said April on my interview date.

Reactions: 1 user
If you look at previous years threads, a small amount of people are accepted in April

Members don't see this ad :)
I mean, you said you'd give up a kidney to get into Iowa, so I'm sure you know how difficult it is. People want to have information, don't be rude about it.
Def not being rude. I’m rooting for everyone.
But everyone asking questions followed by “what’s your source?” I mean come on. I’m all for folks seeing if someone has updated information.

Second, there’s clearly two theories here:
First: this month is the last month of acceptance or
Second: It’s next month before the WL gets released.

Lastly, I empathize with everyone. This waiting game is bad for our mental health. But please don’t come for me as if I’m the cause of this. If I’m willing to give up a kidney that’s my choice: we’ve all given up a lot these past couple months. But don’t try to snatch my weave as if yours isn’t loose.

If you look at previous years threads, a small amount of people are accepted in April

Given recent current events and the fact that we dont have a good idea of SDN is reflective of the general applicant pool, I don’t know if thats the best indicator to use.

Given recent current events and the fact that we dont have a good idea of SDN is reflective of the general applicant pool, I don’t know if thats the best indicator to use.

Last edited:
Does anyone know how many tickets we get for White Coat Ceremony?
Each student gets three tickets. You can try to request more but seats are pretty limited. But, some students may not use all three and can give their extras to others.

Is it the 21st that we should expect news ?
From what I have seen, most people are saying that the 21st is when the portals are updated if you are accepted. As for the mail it really depends on where you live. I assume you will receive an acceptance in the mail from the 19th-22nd, depending on where you live. Good luck!

Is it the 21st that we should expect news ?

Yes. Depending on what state you live in, you might hear before that via regular mail.

Ideally, your one.iu student center should update on the 19th.

The IU portal on the 21st.

I’m a first year at IUSM and all of administration is running around trying to figure out this COVID stuff. Be patient everyone! Hearing nothing isn’t necessarily bad right now.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Reactions: 2 users
I’m a first year at IUSM and all of administration is running around trying to figure out this COVID stuff. Be patient everyone! Hearing nothing isn’t necessarily bad right now.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Thank you I saw some people in the Indianapolis area were sent home so I figured some disruption would occur at IUSM.

Reactions: 2 users
Well if anyone hears back through the portal or something that’s widespread let us know

random question: did anyone submit a committee letter for their LOR instead of three separate letters? I submitted a committee letter (which contains writers from a science, non-science and personal) a while back before my interview and got the green check in my portal. I received my complete email two weeks after my interview, but just realized today that they wanted three separate letters.

random question: did anyone submit a committee letter for their LOR instead of three separate letters? I submitted a committee letter (which contains writers from a science, non-science and personal) a while back before my interview and got the green check in my portal. I received my complete email two weeks after my interview, but just realized today that they wanted three separate letters.

I submitted a committee letter. The committee letter + 2 science professors + physician + personal. All accepted as normal.

Has anyone’s one.iu portal updated? Or anyone else’s app portal? Just trying to think positive thoughts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone’s one.iu portal updated? Or anyone else’s app portal? Just trying to think positive thoughts

Silence here. Interviewed February. Moving forward as if a rejection for the time being. Staying positive here too.

Silence since interviewing in October. Finish me already IU

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Nothing in the mail today and no changes to the portal for me so far. Anyone heard anything?

I saw someone on r/premed about getting in yesterday and it looked like they were an Indiana resident. Not sure if it's the same person from this thread as well.

Also, not sure how accurate this information is, but I called admissions on Tuesday to ask if there were any delays due to COVID and they said letters went out as normal and that accepted applicants will have their portals updated by the 22nd.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Accepted! OOS Northwest SCP, Got it in the mail today. Couldn't go here if I wanted to because they don't count anatomy and physiology labs towards their lab credit.. but hopefully one of you lovely people gets it!

Edit: interviewed Sept 11th, LM 67 WARS 71

Last edited:
I also got an accepted today. Mail and the portal was updated. Interviewed 2/12. OOS, Late applicant (submitted primary in october, was invited for interview in january). LM ~69 and URM for all those wondering.

I also got an accepted today. Mail and the portal was updated. Interviewed 2/12. OOS, Late applicant (submitted primary in october, was invited for interview in january). LM ~69 and URM for all those wondering.
did your portal just update today??

The waiting is absolutely agonizing. It still feels like hardly any IS applicants have been accepted. I don’t know whether to assume it’s a waitlist/rejection or keep hoping there’s a wave of IS acceptances. I haven’t seen any IS accepted that interviewed after the first of the year.

Reactions: 5 users
I know this isn't productive and truly Not Good for the collective well-being (especially since we're all cooped up at home during an extra uncertain time), but I was wondering if anyone in the Class of 2024 FB group could tell us how many people are in the group?
Just trying to evaluate how worthy it is, as an IS, to keep holding out hope. :) Hang in there everyone, it seems anxiety and fear have only increased in the last couple weeks (rightfully so) but there are so many ways for us to get to where we're going. <3

I know this isn't productive and truly Not Good for the collective well-being (especially since we're all cooped up at home during an extra uncertain time), but I was wondering if anyone in the Class of 2024 FB group could tell us how many people are in the group?
Just trying to evaluate how worthy it is, as an IS, to keep holding out hope. :) Hang in there everyone, it seems anxiety and fear have only increased in the last couple weeks (rightfully so) but there are so many ways for us to get to where we're going.

Just checked the facebook page again today. The number has increased to 286 and says there were 10 people added this week. Something that I do find interesting though is the fact that there are a lot fewer members in this page than in the class of 2023 page which has 506 members. Take what you want from that. I obviously don't know the whole story.

Just checked the facebook page again today. The number has increased to 286 and says there were 10 people added this week. Something that I do find interesting though is the fact that there are a lot fewer members in this page than in the class of 2023 page which has 506 members. Take what you want from that. I obviously don't know the whole story.

This is indeed odd... Before the March wave of acceptances, I think there were roughly 270 members (someone correct me if I’m wrong). Strange that only 16 have been added when there are still over 200 spots if we are going by last years numbers. I’m wondering if SCP has anything to do with this? Possibly they are holding some spots for WL’d SCP applicants? I honestly have no idea with all the craziness happening in the world right now lol. This waiting is killing me

Yeah that disparity is pretty odd at this point in the cycle. Idk how reliable that 286 is since there might be a lot of those who are accepted that either don’t have FB or aren’t active. I do know that there are also several members in that group that are current students at IU trying to sell books or some that have accepted and joined the group but aren’t going to IU ultimately. But yeah this might mean that they’re still not done accepting applicants or there’s just something up with this application cycle that’s unprecedented and no one knows about. That being said I wouldn’t read into it too much despite how tempting it is

Yeah that disparity is pretty odd at this point in the cycle. Idk how reliable that 286 is since there might be a lot of those who are accepted that either don’t have FB or aren’t active. I do know that there are also several members in that group that are current students at IU trying to sell books or some that have accepted and joined the group but aren’t going to IU ultimately. But yeah this might mean that they’re still not done accepting applicants or there’s just something up with this application cycle that’s unprecedented and no one knows about. That being said I wouldn’t read into it too much despite how tempting it is

im gonna say it’s not reliable. I definitely saw some M2s advertising for roommates on there. Plus, not everyone has a Facebook or might have joined it yet. I wouldn’t cause myself anxiety over it. I completely agree with you^

im gonna say it’s not reliable. I definitely saw some M2s advertising for roommates on there. Plus, not everyone has a Facebook or might have joined it yet. I wouldn’t cause myself anxiety over it. I completely agree with you^
I'm on the boat that its not reflective. On the interview date I was told a number close to that (~250?, dont remember the exact number) and that was a few months back.