2019-2020 Chicago Med at Rosalind Franklin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted!! (First one :D)

File complete early September. Interviewed last week. They said we should hear back within 6 weeks, but damn. Got an email this afternoon to check my portal.

In state, ORM, LizzyM 75.9
Accepted!! (First one :D)

File complete early September. Interviewed last week. They said we should hear back within 6 weeks, but damn. Got an email this afternoon to check my portal.

In state, ORM, LizzyM 75.9
Congratulations on your acceptance! What time did the interview day end? I need to schedule my flight... thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations on your acceptance! What time did the interview day end? I need to schedule my flight... thanks.

I would say just scroll up but I’m in a forgiving mood today hehe

You're technically free to go right after the admissions person makes their closing remarks at ~12:30. Afterwards there's a lunch where you can talk with current students, faculty, and other interviewees but you can leave whenever during this. Most people head out around 1 PM.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
do they accept updates?

Nope. Quote from my attempt to update 3 years ago:

"we cannot accept any additional information, updates, corrections, or materials unless it includes Institutional Action, Felony, Misdemeanor or Military Discharge explanations. If you need to make any changes to your application they can only be made through AMCAS "

Reactions: 1 user
Can anyone who interviewed here share what time the day ended around?

Hi current M2 At CMS here and also an ambassador who might see some of you during the student panels during interview days! The day officially ends at 12:30 and after that there is a lunch where we eat with you guys and answer your questions and you are free to skip this if needed to catch flights/transportation back to wherever you need to go, as previously stated by others.

If anyone has any other questions about the school in general or the new curriculum (my class was the first one to start it) let me know or feel free to send a message! Good luck to all you future doctors during the application season :)

is there a facebook group for accepted students?

Reactions: 1 users
Hi current M2 At CMS here and also an ambassador who might see some of you during the student panels during interview days! The day officially ends at 12:30 and after that there is a lunch where we eat with you guys and answer your questions and you are free to skip this if needed to catch flights/transportation back to wherever you need to go, as previously stated by others.

If anyone has any other questions about the school in general or the new curriculum (my class was the first one to start it) let me know or feel free to send a message! Good luck to all you future doctors during the application season :)

Hey thanks for sharing info with us! I was just wondering, when do applicants typically hear back post-interview? Is it true that once we get II that our admittance/rejection is based solely on how we performed on the MMI?

Hey thanks for sharing info with us! I was just wondering, when do applicants typically hear back post-interview? Is it true that once we get II that our admittance/rejection is based solely on how we performed on the MMI?
I heard back about 4 weeks after my interview, but they said 6 weeks when I was there. As to how they decide post-interview I have no idea

Members don't see this ad :)
Do they send rejections to ALL applicants they reject or do they leave some in the dark? Still surprised I haven't heard anything following the huge wave of R's recently.

Do they send rejections to ALL applicants they reject or do they leave some in the dark? Still surprised I haven't heard anything following the huge wave of R's recently.

Your application just might not have been reviewed yet!

II!!! And one of my top choices scheduled for January! Does anyone know this Schools’s post II acceptance rate??

Reactions: 3 users
Have any late October interviewees heard back yet? Wondering if there's a chance we'll hear tomorrow since it seems like decisions have been sent out on Tuesdays in the past but not sure how often the adcom meets

It can be anywhere from up to 6 weeks after your interview to much later in the cycle. They should send emails to all applicants. Unfortunately I don’t know what the admissions committee looks at and if only the MMI matters after an II, but I do know that if you got selected for an I revived they already liked your application so after that it’s your chance to show them who you are because they are looking for reasons to accept you! :)

Anyone else that interviewed Sept. 3rd still not hear back?

Anyone else that interviewed Sept. 3rd still not hear back?
I heard that if you haven't heard back and haven't been rejected either, that your somewhere on the waitlist, so good news sort of?

I interviewed November 12th and was accepted on November 20th. Wasn't expecting to hear back that soon but just wanted to put this out here!

Was wondering has there been any recent acceptances? Slowly approaching 6 weeks and just want to know if the 6 week rule is legit so I can prepare myself...

Was wondering has there been any recent acceptances? Slowly approaching 6 weeks and just want to know if the 6 week rule is legit so I can prepare myself...

I have been waiting 11+ weeks... don’t think it’s legit lol

In my own experience and talking to classmates about their experience, I would say 6 months is more likely that 6 weeks for a good portion of the class

Pre II R ... complete 7/26 ‍

Last edited:
Got that sweet sweet pre-II R. Complete 7/18.

II! Complete 7/30, OOS. Hope for all you fellow early applicants :)

Reactions: 8 users
II! Complete 7/3 OOS. Very excited!! :D

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Anyone know how the interview waitlist system works here? Can we sign up for an open date, and then sign up for as many waitlisted dates as we want?

Anyone know how the interview waitlist system works here? Can we sign up for an open date, and then sign up for as many waitlisted dates as we want?

I called admissions to ask about this. We can only be signed up for one slot at a time, whether it's an actual scheduled spot or waitlist spot. The lady on the line said it's much better to sign up for a real spot as they don't often get interview cancellations that would enable you to be pulled from the waitlist.

I called admissions to ask about this. We can only be signed up for one slot at a time, whether it's an actual scheduled spot or waitlist spot. The lady on the line said it's much better to sign up for a real spot as they don't often get interview cancellations that would enable you to be pulled from the waitlist.

Is there anyway to check that you have an interview spot? I signed up for three waitlists spots and an interview spot and got the confirmation email for all of them.

Also does anyone have any data about the post II acceptance %?

Cancelled my interview here, good luck to all!

Reactions: 4 users
Received an II on Friday, was complete about mid-July. Unfortunately decided to decline, good luck to whoever gets it!

They finally got me with that Pre II-R today. Complete sometime in July

• Sad
Is there anyway to check that you have an interview spot? I signed up for three waitlists spots and an interview spot and got the confirmation email for all of them.
wondering this too, I signed up for a spot and two waitlists... does this mean I don't have a spot at all now?

wondering this too, I signed up for a spot and two waitlists... does this mean I don't have a spot at all now?
I called them to confirm my interview date and I don’t think one interferes with the other. They told me they’ll reach out to me if someone cancels

I called them to confirm my interview date and I don’t think one interferes with the other. They told me they’ll reach out to me if someone cancels

Interesting, they told me I can’t sign up for more than one. I’ll have to call them back and see if I can get on a wait list.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Interesting, they told me I can’t sign up for more than one. I’ll have to call them back and see if I can get on a wait list.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

what's this waitlist spot you guys are walking about?

Also does anyone have any data about the post II acceptance %?

So I crunched some numbers, RFU offers around 759 II (I forget the exact number), and has 189 spots. Thus, chances of an immediate acceptance post II is around 1 in 4 (the admissions people told me they don't over-accept like other schools). Assuming 1/2 of the accepted people and 1/3 of the waitlisted people decide against going to RFU (which seems to be the norm for lower stat MD schools), your total chance of admittance waitlist or otherwise appears to be 1 in 2.