2019-2020 Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I still haven’t received it. Been checking my junk and inbox, nothing yet.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I didnt get a secondary but I had an upward trend. I emailed them a month after secondaries came out and they took a closer look and gave me a secondary.

I wouldnt hassle them right now tho b/c they mightve not just gotten around to your app yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
I didnt get a secondary but I had an upward trend. I emailed them a month after secondaries came out and they took a closer look and gave me a secondary.

I wouldnt hassle them right now tho b/c they mightve not just gotten around to your app yet.
Was this from a previous cycle? The first person to report a secondary on this forum was only a few days ago.

Some people in the masters program trying to get into the med school still haven’t gotten secondaries. Don’t count yourself out. This takes time.

Some people in the masters program trying to get into the med school still haven’t gotten secondaries. Don’t count yourself out. This takes time.
Definitely. Still haven’t received the secondary but for sure know it can take some time and is a process in itself.

I never got an email with an II but when I go to the portal I have to option to register for one. It gives me a calendar with choices. Anyone else get this?
Also, it has a bunch of August availability but it says that all of the dates in September and October are full. Is anyone else getting this as well? Just not sure if my portal is being whacky haha.

I never got an email with an II but when I go to the portal I have to option to register for one. It gives me a calendar with choices. Anyone else get this?
Also, it has a bunch of August availability but it says that all of the dates in September and October are full. Is anyone else getting this as well? Just not sure if my portal is being whacky haha.
If your portal changed you most likely did or will get a II. Maybe check your spam folder to see if the email landed there.

Call admissions (Kelly DeWitt) to check. But it sounds like you got an II. Congrats.

Anybody still waiting on this secondary? Thinking about emailing them or giving them a call. My AACOMAS applications was submitted and verified back at first transmission date and still have not received a secondary here.

Anybody still waiting on this secondary? Thinking about emailing them or giving them a call. My AACOMAS applications was submitted and verified back at first transmission date and still have not received a secondary here.
Yes and I was verified late June

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes and I was verified late June
Maybe I’ll give it until the end of the week and go from there. I’m kind of paranoid because a similar thing happened to me at VCOM and emailed them yesterday about their secondary since I hadn’t received it, and they said they had sent it to me several weeks ago and was likely due to their new system they were using. So they had to resend it to me. Just don’t want the same thing to happen again with this school.

Maybe I’ll give it until the end of the week and go from there. I’m kind of paranoid because a similar thing happened to me at VCOM and emailed them yesterday about their secondary since I hadn’t received it, and they said they had sent it to me several weeks ago and was likely due to their new system they were using. So they had to resend it to me. Just don’t want the same thing to happen again with this school.

Yeah I’m giving it until end of the week and calling Monday.

I checked my portal this morning and when I clicked on events it gave me the option to schedule an on campus interview with the same calendar of only August dates. Still no email, but I hope this is a good sign!

II in the portal and a confirmation email. Scheduled for the 16th

still no secondary, got the "AACOMAS Application Received by ARCOM" email on 7/24.....been checking spam/junk

still no secondary, got the "AACOMAS Application Received by ARCOM" email on 7/24.....been checking spam/junk
I'm in the same boat man. Rough seeing interview invites go out before receiving a secondary. Hopefully they send out another batch sometime soon.

I'm in the same boat man. Rough seeing interview invites go out before receiving a secondary. Hopefully they send out another batch sometime soon.
I’m in the same boat as y’all as well. Going to wait it out until Monday and give them a call if I haven’t received it by then.

They interviewed roughly 550 last cycle for 170 seats. There’s plenty of interviews going out. I applied in January, had an II in two days, and interviewed in February. There will be more movement. Sit tight.

They interviewed roughly 550 last cycle for 170 seats. There’s plenty of interviews going out. I applied in January, had an II in two days, and interviewed in February. There will be more movement. Sit tight.
Technically less than 170, some people are repeating 1st year. The official amount of acceptances/seats is 150 +/- 10.

Anyone know if they make exceptions for interview dates? All the months are booked except for August and I just can't travel this month.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am impressed by the turnaround. Submitted my secondary yesterday and got an II today!

Thank you! I wish schools were that quick too. I am waiting on five secondaries myself. But we also have to view the situation from the admissions perspective. Work hard and hope for the best :)
Congrats on the II! I think a lot of us are wishing they were that quick with sending out secondary apps! LOL. Last school I am waiting on a secondary from.

Anyone know if they make exceptions for interview dates? All the months are booked except for August and I just can't travel this month.

I’m wondering the same thing! It says registration full for September and October but I’m wondering if they actually just wanna fill the August dates first. I can’t travel this month either

Called admissions and they said they will be opening up the other dates at the end of this month, so we just have to wait until then.

Reactions: 1 users
Dang, if they interviewed only 550 a large percent of that group would have acceptances... Probably at least 70-80%

Why are people needing to repeat 1st year? This is kind of concerning to me.
If you dont pass your classes, and give a good reason why to SPC you might get a chance to repeat. This is a thing at every single school. Nothing to be concerned about if you're a good student.

Reactions: 1 users
Fair enough. I just hadn't seen that mentioned in any of the other school posts about needing to take into account those that have failed first year. It was just kind of concerning as a new school. I'm not worried about me needing to repeat, but definitely pulls my attention a bit that a school with only three classes as of this year is having issues with their second class failing things.
Even at KCU we had about 5% of the class repeating, it happens everywhere, I promise.

Oh I totally understand, it honestly is just the difference to me of KCU having been around for 100+ years whereas ARCOM has only had two classes complete so far, so I just kind of expect them to be paying pretty close attention and effort to those two classes. Sort of like they should be ensuring success for those two classes that have gone through. May be an unfair comparison, but just my thoughts. Not enough to turn me off from the school, just a little red flag for me.
People struggle. A couple of the people repeating got screwed IMO. They had to remediate a tough block,and the faculty did some things I didnt agree with. Even with all the support we have here some people still struggle. I think it actually speaks well of ARCOM they didnt have a higher than normal fail rate.

II in my portal today. submitted secondary yesterday. Scheduled for 8/20!

Rookie question, do we need to bring copies of our CV? I feel I have everything I want to talk about solidly in my head.Thanks!

II scheduled for 08/20, does anyone know the format of the interview and/or what to expect. This is my first interview, and I want to be prepared.

II scheduled for 08/20, does anyone know the format of the interview and/or what to expect. This is my first interview, and I want to be prepared.
I’ve heard its one faculty member and one community leader. I’ve also heard it’s very casual. Past that I’ll be following for more info aswell.

Rookie question, do we need to bring copies of our CV? I feel I have everything I want to talk about solidly in my head.Thanks!

No. The interviews are blind but you should be able to talk about yourself without combing through a memorized or physical version of your CV. The day is more to get to know about you and how you tick. And having a solid plan about what you want to talk about won’t work too well. You have to interact with staff, other interviewees, and admissions faculty trough the day and the interview will be free form.

You will have no idea what kinds of questions will be asked or what direction the conversation will go in the actual interview. I ended up talking about being a fat kid and clicking with someone over losing weight during my interview. We also talked about video games. You never know.

No. The interviews are blind but you should be able to talk about yourself without combing through a memorized or physical version of your CV. The day is more to get to know about you and how you tick. And having a solid plan about what you want to talk about won’t work too well. You have to interact with staff, other interviewees, and admissions faculty trough the day and the interview will be free form.

You will have no idea what kinds of questions will be asked or what direction the conversation will go in the actual interview. I ended up talking about being a fat kid and clicking with someone over losing weight during my interview. We also talked about video games. You never know.
Thanks for the info. I’m looking Forward to it.

II on Saturday. The only dates available are within the next two weeks, which I can’t do. So I’m also going to wait for future dates to open up. I just hope they open up more than two weeks in advance so I can get a cheaper flight.

Haven’t received a secondary; called them; said my application is still under review as they haven’t gotten through all of them yet

Reactions: 2 users