2019-2020 Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Haven’t received a secondary; called them; said my application is still under review as they haven’t gotten through all of them yet
I called yesterday and was told the same thing. So I assume they aren’t starting in the order they were received since my primary was submitted and verified at first transmission date, so that’s kind of annoying, especially when people are already getting interviews here.

Reactions: 1 user
I called yesterday and was told the same thing. So I assume they aren’t starting in the order they were received since my primary was submitted and verified at first transmission date, so that’s kind of annoying, especially when people are already getting interviews here.

Yeah I understand; don’t sweat it though there isn’t much of a difference getting an interview now or in a month or two

Does anyone know if there will be more interview dates opening up for September or October? The ones on the microsite say they are currently full.

Does anyone know if there will be more interview dates opening up for September or October? The ones on the microsite say they are currently full.
I spoke to someone in the admissions office and he said to wait until the end of the month for other dates to open.

Anybody interviewing this Friday and staying in the home2??

For anyone who already had the interview this cycle or in the past, do they usually go up until 1:30p like they say or end earlier? I wanted to book a flight that departs at 2;45p, so just wanted to make sure I wouldn't be cutting it close.

Members don't see this ad :)
For anyone who already had the interview this cycle or in the past, do they usually go up until 1:30p like they say or end earlier? I wanted to book a flight that departs at 2;45p, so just wanted to make sure I wouldn't be cutting it close.

You never know how long an interview will take. I wouldn’t leave until the night of the interview. Also getting a feel for the town and where you could be spending four years of your life is pretty critical.

So is my secondary submitted if I got the email saying "Thank you for submitting your ARCOM Secondary Application and application fee of $50.00. Once the payment/AACOMAS Fee Waiver has been confirmed we will begin the review process"? I paid and submitted but it looks like I'm still able to edit my responses to the secondary questions? Also kind of weird, I applied last cycle but used a different email this cycle and the secondary invite was sent to the email I used last cycle?

Just scheduled my interview for 9/6!

II received, secondary submitted less than 24 hours... OOS I wonder if they really reviewed my application, this is so efficient I can't believe it

Thats cutting it too close IMO.

anyone knows if I can choose the interview date in October? Mine only has dates available later this month and the first week of September

Still no secondary. lol was submitted and verified by first transmission date.
This school does silent, pre-secondary rejections. Maybe give them a call and discuss your interest. Best of luck!

anyone knows if I can choose the interview date in October? Mine only has dates available later this month and the first week of September
Shoot them an email. I was able to reschedule most of my interviews

II received, secondary submitted less than 24 hours... OOS I wonder if they really reviewed my application, this is so efficient I can't believe it
Damn i just submitted mine. Here’s to hoping!

I talked to admissions and they will be opening more dates later. There were only dates a week in the future when I received my invite.

same thing happened to me. literally submitted at like 11 pm and got an interview invite around 2... hopefully they actually reviewed it

anyone know if this is a good school? it looks good, but they havent posted any test results or anything.

anyone know if this is a good school? it looks good, but they havent posted any test results or anything.
The thing is some people still haven't received their results yet, plus a minority of people had not taken it yet. You can expect test statistics beginning of next year. But so far, from what I heard it was a 93 percent first time pass rate or something for people that got their scores already.

The thing is some people still haven't received their results yet, plus a minority of people had not taken it yet. You can expect test statistics beginning of next year. But so far, from what I heard it was a 93 percent first time pass rate or something for people that got their scores already.
It’s good. My education so far has been great.

What grading system are you on? Pass/fail or percentage? How many hours of omm do you do per week? how is the student wellness there and do they care about their students? Lastly, are there hiking trails or dog parks? I saw you guys have a dogs story on the Instagram which makes me want to go there that much more.

What grading system are you on? Pass/fail or percentage?
A,B,C,F for the pre-clinicals, H, HP, P, F for the clinical years.

How many hours of omm do you do per week?

2 hours of lab and 1 or 2 hours of lectures a week.

How is the student wellness there and do they care about their students?

Yes, there's a student wellness program on campus available to us with full confidentiality. Plus, there are wellness and mental health clinics around town available to us for free counseling as well. Student Health Resources | ARCOM

Lastly, are there hiking trails or dog parks? I saw you guys have a dogs story on the Instagram which makes me want to go there that much more.

Yes, there are dog parks around, in fact, there's a small dog park on campus. If you plan on living on campus though, there's a weight limit and additional fees, plus you have to get a doctor's note saying it's an emotional support animal as well. Hiking trails, there are plenty of those in Arkansas. It's not called the natural state for no reason.

Last edited:

Interviewing here next Tuesday, are lectures mandatory attendance?

I still have not received a secondary from here and I sent my primary in early June. Should I call ? Starting to get worried

Interviewing here next Tuesday, are lectures mandatory attendance?
BECOM (our basic science class) is not mandatory if you keep an 80% or higher average in the class. IBC (behavioral and epidemiology class) not mandatory unless it's a guest lecture. OMM mandatory lectures and lab. FOPC (clinical skills class) mandatory lectures and lab. Anatomy mandatory lectures and lab.

Edit: Anatomy is only 12 weeks though, so it's fast paced.

Last edited:
I still have not received a secondary from here and I sent my primary in early June. Should I call ? Starting to get worried
They don't send a secondary to everybody. Which is why I said earlier in the thread that if you receive a secondary, they're really interested in you, and you're likely to get an interview invite not long after submitting it. You're welcome to call, but they probably gonna tell you to be patient and wait.

Yes, there are dog parks around, in fact, there's a small dog park on campus. If you plan on living on campus though, there's a weight limit and additional fees, plus you have to get a doctor's note saying it's an emotional support animal as well. Hiking trails, there are plenty of those in Arkansas. It's not called the natural state for no reason.
[/QUOTE]
wouldn't it be weird to need an emotional support dog in medical school? would they not look down on that? I thought having any type of problem is looked down on

wouldn't it be weird to need an emotional support dog in medical school? would they not look down on that? I thought having any type of problem is looked down on
[/QUOTE]
also if you get a note, then theres no weight limit right? I have a golden who is 90 pounds sooo.... shes over their minimum weight

wouldn't it be weird to need an emotional support dog in medical school? would they not look down on that? I thought having any type of problem is looked down on.

also if you get a note, then theres no weight limit right? I have a golden who is 90 pounds sooo.... shes over their minimum weight

No, It's not look down upon at all. Now, that I'm thinking about it I think they allow pets under a certain weight (can't remember if it's under 20 or 30 pounds), but if your pet is over the weight limit, then you need a Doctor's note saying it's emotional support animal.

No, It's not look down upon at all. Now, that I'm thinking about it I think they allow pet under a certain weight (Can't remember if it's under 20 or 30 pounds), but if your pet is over the weight limit then you need a Doctor's note saying it's emotional support animal.
gotcha, thank you so much for your help! I cant wait to go to the interview! this looks like an awesome school!

Just went to complete this secondary and saw that a letter from a DO is required. Wish I would have known that before I applied; I only have one from an MD. :/

Just went to complete this secondary and saw that a letter from a DO is required. Wish I would have known that before I applied; I only have one from an MD. :/
If you get an interview, they will tell you to get a DO letter before they make a decision post-interview.

Reactions: 1 users
They wouldn’t send me an II without a DO letter last year :/
Well, in this case they changed their process then. They still interview people without DO letter 2 years ago, then asked them to submit it afterwards for a decision to be made.

Key take away for applicants here though is to get yourself a DO letter if you haven't done so yet.