2019-2020 Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if Colorado has made ANY offers post April 30th? I’m curious if they’re just waiting longer to release the first wave of offers due to delays bc of COVID or if they truly have much less waitlist movement than previous years. I’m tempted to call but don’t want to jump the gun as it’s only the 12th.

Honestly, I bet a lot of people on here would really appreciate someone calling and it really is the best way to get more info. If it will make you feel better, I say go for it!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
L
Honestly, I bet a lot of people on here would really appreciate someone calling and it really is the best way to get more info. If it will make you feel better, I say go for it!
I tried calling a couple times but was sent straight to voicemail (something about working from home and voicemails will be triaged etc etc). I didn’t want to leave a VM

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
L

I tried calling a couple times but was sent straight to voicemail (something about working from home and voicemails will be triaged etc etc). I didn’t want to leave a VM

Someone messaged me and said they called and got the same voicemail message. They’re probably just moving much slower than usual due COVID, I guess we’ll just have to wait.

Still no news from anybody??
Nothing. Some people from another school's thread I participate in have been speculating that since no one really has to actually limit it down to one acceptance until the CTE, then there may not be much movement until after the CTE deadline, which is like July 3rd. That definitely wasn't true for Colorado last year, but who knows? It would be a huge bummer for me because the other school I have an acceptance at has a CTE of July 1st, so I will have to give up my waitlist position here at Colorado on that date, but I would rather go to Colorado, and would be ready to commit to enroll if I got an acceptance.

Reactions: 1 users
I just wish we could know if there has been any movement at all (like soz_array was asking) or if it's just that nobody regularly on sdn has heard back.

Does anyone in the accepted students Facebook group have any insight into whether the class is full/any info for us on the WL? Starting to really lose hope that any movement will happen... :(

At what point would you guys rent an apartment/move near your backup school if Colorado stays silent... I’m fortunate to have one other A but...

Reactions: 1 user
At what point would you guys rent an apartment/move near your backup school if Colorado stays silent... I’m fortunate to have one other A but...
I would wait last minute if its not that hard to get housing there. i.e. call some leasing places and see when you can sign to guarantee a spot lol

Has anyone tried contacting the admissions office via email yet? I'm tempted to try that avenue since no one has gotten past their answering machine yet.

Has anyone tried contacting the admissions office via email yet? I'm tempted to try that avenue since no one has gotten past their answering machine yet.
I contacted them about something else and Lamar got back to me pretty quickly. I would appreciate that!

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh ya and the class is full too.
Was this from someone in admissions? Did they state if they pulled anyone off the waitlist? Are they just going with a smaller class this year?

Just curious, are there people active on this thread that are holding on to multiple acceptances (not necessarily at Colorado)? If so, I am curious as to what the rationale is for doing so this late in the game?

I was offered a spot off the waitlist this past Friday and ended up declining it today.

I was offered a spot off the waitlist this past Friday and ended up declining it today.
You were offered a position off the waitlist for Colorado? Were you on the HPW? Did you decline it like just now or this morning?

You were offered a position off the waitlist for Colorado? Were you on the HPW? Did you decline it like just now or this morning?

HPW. Declined this morning

Reactions: 2 users
Withdrawing my acceptance here. Hope my spot goes to one of you!

For those curious, I was IS.

Has anyone else recently withdrawn from Colorado or been accepted off the WL?

Has anyone else recently withdrawn from Colorado or been accepted off the WL?
The class of 2024 FB page has gone up by 8 people in the past week? Do we think these are people being pulled from the HPWL?

The class of 2024 FB page has gone up by 8 people in the past week? Do we think these are people being pulled from the HPWL?
Not necessary,
The Facebook group number is meaningless. If every student joined right upon acceptance they would have 300+ members. And we don’t even know how many current students/ admission staff join the group.

I just joined the Facebook groups this past week but have been accepted since late February. I didn’t realize there was a Facebook page until this past month and then had to wait for them to accept my request. I think there are probably a couple people like me.

I just joined the Facebook groups this past week but have been accepted since late February. I didn’t realize there was a Facebook page until this past month and then had to wait for them to accept my request. I think there are probably a couple people like me.
Any idea how many people in the group are current students/staff?

1591297009014.png

looks like 6 have been pulled off the waitlist as in March it was at 300

Reactions: 4 users
Actually, I'm gonna have to eat my words on that last post.... there is movement happening. Just got the call from the new Dean of Admissions!! Accepted off the top-tier alternate list, interviewed on 11/15, put on the alternate list in December, high priority list in April. Good luck to the rest of you!!

EDIT: I'm OOS.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13 users
Actually, I'm gonna have to eat my words on that last post.... there is movement happening. Just got the call from the new Dean of Admissions!! Accepted off the top-tier alternate list, interviewed on 11/15, put on the alternate list in December, high priority list in April. Good luck to the rest of you!!
Congratulations! That's so exciting! IS or OOS?

For anyone who has been accepted already, I'm still waiting on an email with more information on things I need to buy, when orientation starts, etc. If anyone has any of that information and would be willing to forward it to me, I would greatly appreciate it! Feel free to DM me!

withdrew from waitlist! hope it goes to one of you

Is anyone else HPW, but also has a CTE at another school on July 1? I’m trying to decide if I should continue waiting it out until the last minute or to move on

Has anyone heard if there's movement? I think it might be time for me to withdraw :'/

Emailed them and they said it’s been a super slow cycle and that they don’t know how much further they expect to use the WL. I’m personally looking at apartments for an SMP at this point.

Yeah, I just got an email back saying that they currently don't have any pending deferrals or declined acceptances... on that note, I'll be withdrawing my HPW position. I hope those who are still able to keep their WL position gets in! Good luck everyone :) I hope y'all shine wherever you end up!

Reactions: 4 users
Current student here (MS3)...three words I have for prospective applicants. DON'T COME HERE! The program is malignant. I've been mistreated by several students and faculty over the past several years. It's true at a lot of places but my school has consistently ranked high for mistreatment on AMA student satisfactions surveys consistently for many years, more so than other places. 66% of students here report mistreatment compared to 44% national average. The school was so concerned that it enacted a faculty professionalism committee to deal with this persistent issues. If it's the only school you get accepted to, then you have no choice but if you do have a choice, go elsewhere and you will be much happier!

• Wow
Current student here (MS3)...three words I have for prospective applicants. DON'T COME HERE! The program is malignant. I've been mistreated by several students and faculty over the past several years. It's true at a lot of places but my school has consistently ranked high for mistreatment on AMA student satisfactions surveys consistently for many years, more so than other places. 66% of students here report mistreatment compared to 44% national average. The school was so concerned that it enacted a faculty professionalism committee to deal with this persistent issues. If it's the only school you get accepted to, then you have no choice but if you do have a choice, go elsewhere and you will be much happier!
Can you give specific examples of the kind of mistreatment that you or your friends experienced? I don't mean to diminish your experience, but if the national average is 44% of students reporting mistreatment, I start to wonder what "mistreatment" actually means in this context.

Can you give specific examples of the kind of mistreatment that you or your friends experienced? I don't mean to diminish your experience, but if the national average is 44% of students reporting mistreatment, I start to wonder what "mistreatment" actually means in this context.

Mistreatment can be defined in many ways and students have different perspectives on the issue. For me, I'm not considered by my friends and family to be overly sensitive in any way. I guess the broadest definition of mistreatment is "If the situation leaves you feeling personally attacked or uncomfortable in any way." Intuition is usually right. Medical training is more or less the same everywhere and I also find it kind of hard to believe my school is any different. But to answer your Q without losing anonymity, I will just say that on multiple occasions, I've been berated, bullied, and put down my peers in class settings. They tried to make me feel small. Several prominent faculty at the school here were also incredibly unprofessional and demeaning to me. They were vicious in their emails communications and one yelled at me in an advising session. I cannot speak for other students but having overheard MANY conversations, I can conclude I'm definitely not the only one dealing with these issues. Most issues happen in 3rd year when you are on rotations and bottom of the totem pole.

I still like to give people the benefit of doubt. Maybe they had a bad day? Later was approached by faculty on multiple occasions who found out what happened and suggested I file mistreatment reports and professionalism violations on these people. Still pondering this.

Mistreatment can be defined in many ways and students have different perspectives on the issue. For me, I'm not considered by my friends and family to be overly sensitive in any way. I guess the broadest definition of mistreatment is "If the situation leaves you feeling personally attacked or uncomfortable in any way." Intuition is usually right. Medical training is more or less the same everywhere and I also find it kind of hard to believe my school is any different. But to answer your Q without losing anonymity, I will just say that on multiple occasions, I've been berated, bullied, and put down my peers in class settings. They tried to make me feel small. Several prominent faculty at the school here were also incredibly unprofessional and demeaning to me. They were vicious in their emails communications and one yelled at me in an advising session. I cannot speak for other students but having overheard MANY conversations, I can conclude I'm definitely not the only one dealing with these issues. Most issues happen in 3rd year when you are on rotations and bottom of the totem pole.

I still like to give people the benefit of doubt. Maybe they had a bad day? Later was approached by faculty on multiple occasions who found out what happened and suggested I file mistreatment reports and professionalism violations on these people. Still pondering this.
Thanks for sharing your experience!