2018-2019 University of California - Davis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does UC Davis accept updates?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone know how long the interview is? I’m not sure how to check what group I am in on the portal...(Trying to catch a flight at 5pm)

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know how long the interview is? I’m not sure how to check what group I am in on the portal...(Trying to catch a flight at 5pm)
Yeah, here you go!

"Check-in for Group A is 8:45 a.m./for Group B is 10:45 a.m., orientation begins promptly for Group A at 9:00 a.m./for Group B at 11:00 a.m. The day ends for Group A at 1:00 p.m./for Group B at 3:00 p.m."

It's under "Interview" and then "Schedule Interview" on the portal.

Yeah, here you go!

"Check-in for Group A is 8:45 a.m./for Group B is 10:45 a.m., orientation begins promptly for Group A at 9:00 a.m./for Group B at 11:00 a.m. The day ends for Group A at 1:00 p.m./for Group B at 3:00 p.m."

It's under "Interview" and then "Schedule Interview" on the portal.

Thank you!

Just got that pre-secondary R! Socal resident, LM 71, primary verified 7/11.

Has anybody been rejected post-secondary yet?

Rejected pre-secondary a moment ago. IS and located 30 minutes from campus. LM 65. Reapplied to UC Davis with good stats and never even received a secondary. Oh well, I got my acceptance, but it would have been nice to get a nod from my home school. Good luck everyone!

Rejected pre-secondary in state LM 71

Members don't see this ad :)
Curious if any SoCal residents got accepted or waitlisted here?

I noticed that previous years had interview waitlists, has anyone been placed on one this year? I’ve been keeping up with this thread and haven’t noticed this.

Also, based off last years thread there should be a lot of R’s headed out around Jan 18.

I noticed that previous years had interview waitlists, has anyone been placed on one this year? I’ve been keeping up with this thread and haven’t noticed this.

Also, based off last years thread there should be a lot of R’s headed out around Jan 18.

pre and post secondary Rs? Or do you not know? Thanks

According to last year's thread, post-secondary R's and a few II's should be going out in the next week or two
Yes it looked like all post secondary R’s.

To anybody who has interviewed here, what is the format of the MMIs?

Thanks! Do you get to jot down notes before? Do they ask follow up questions afterwards? Thanks so much again

Thanks! Do you get to jot down notes before? Do they ask follow up questions afterwards? Thanks so much again
No prob! No notes before. Whether there are follow up questions depend on the prompt and the interviewer.

For those who interviewed, what was the turnaround time with regards to decisions being made? During the interview day they said to expect 2-4 weeks, but I want to know what the general turnaround was for the sdn pool.

For those who interviewed, what was the turnaround time with regards to decisions being made? During the interview day they said to expect 2-4 weeks, but I want to know what the general turnaround was for the sdn pool.
Exactly 2 weeks for me

Exactly 2 weeks for me

Thank you! Hoping it's the same for me. I'm super anxious for next week. Davis is my #1 choice, but I'm wondering how the new AAMC traffic rules may impact how many acceptances they roll out earlier on. I imagine they're probably more on the conservative side, waitlisting a good chunk of their candidates.

Thank you! Hoping it's the same for me. I'm super anxious for next week. Davis is my #1 choice, but I'm wondering how the new AAMC traffic rules may impact how many acceptances they roll out earlier on. I imagine they're probably more on the conservative side, waitlisting a good chunk of their candidates.

It appears that they've gotten slower over time, at least in part due to the holidays. For later cohorts, I saw that the turnaround time was approximately 4 to 6.5 weeks based on SDN posts. I also haven't seen any results here from the Dec interview dates.

They waitlist 100 and accept 100. The rest of the class probably comes off the waitlist.

I figured that may be the case, but was hoping they offer acceptances at least more than their class size.

I figured that may be the case, but was hoping they offer acceptances at least more than their class size.
I'm not sure about their acceptance numbers, but the class of 2023 Facebook page currently has 147 people (including 2 admins), and everyone who joins must be verified by their acceptance list. Based on this, it seems that they are accepting more than 100!

Reactions: 3 users
According to their little "interview date overview" pdf, they accept 110 and waitlist 100. I interviewed early December, but still haven't heard anything back :( been debating on whether I should call or not... Thoughts ?

According to their little "interview date overview" pdf, they accept 110 and waitlist 100. I interviewed early December, but still haven't heard anything back :( been debating on whether I should call or not... Thoughts ?

Did they suggest calling if it’s been a while? (They actually said this at one of my interviews)

With the local firesfand holidays, they fell behind their usual 2-3 week turn-around. My friend heard back a little over a month after interviewing so I expect you to hear back really soon. Still doesn't hurt to call though!

With the local firesfand holidays, they fell behind their usual 2-3 week turn-around. My friend heard back a little over a month after interviewing so I expect you to hear back really soon. Still doesn't hurt to call though!
Just got an email that there is a delay in decisions due to the holidays and that they hope to have decisions in 2 weeks .

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile

Uh oh, I didn't get that. Hopefully that message is just delayed for some people and they're not using this as a soft rejection lol
Did you already have your interview? The delay may only be for those awaiting a final decision post ii.

Uh oh, I didn't get that. Hopefully that message is just delayed for some people and they're not using this as a soft rejection lol
Did you already have your interview? The delay may only be for those awaiting a final decision post ii.

I just got the email too! I guess its more wait time :(

When did you interview?

I wonder if this will affect interviews conducted after the holidays. At my interview, they said we could potentially hear back in two weeks. They made no mention of any delay.

When did you interview?

I wonder if this will affect interviews conducted after the holidays. At my interview, they said we could potentially hear back in two weeks. They made no mention of any delay.

December 7th. They told us it would take a month-ish because of the holidays, but their interview overview pdf says 4-6 weeks, so the long wait was kind of expected.

Does anyone know what’s the earliest they get back to people on the waitlist? I think I recall them saying May but I wasn’t 100% sure.

Pre-II waitlist. Complete in july. Not sure if this is a rejection or there is a chance

Trust me, imma take a wild guess that it will turn to rejection. Many schools do this
So that would mean those that haven’t heard are heading straight to R or an II....fun!