2018-2019 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (Georgia Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
congrats! what were your stats if you don't mind sharing?
MCAT: 500
Undergrad cGPA: 3.16
sGPA: 2.97
Last 90 hours of coursework:
- cGPA: 3.70
- sGPA: 3.74

Tons of clinical experience

Members don't see this ad.

What email do we send updated scores and grades to?

You send it to the admissions email that’s who I sent it to and then I call just to confirm. I got my scores back and I ended up getting a 502 so I jumped 7 points so I’m hoping I can get into PCOM this year if not I know definitely get into somewhere next year

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You send it to the admissions email that’s who I sent it to and then I call just to confirm. I got my scores back and I ended up getting a 502 so I jumped 7 points so I’m hoping I can get into PCOM this year if not I know definitely get into somewhere next year

Thank you! And congrats! That is a great improvement!

Reactions: 1 user
Can anyone upload last year's book and supply requirements? Also a class schedule (noted it will probably change) would be cool.

Hello:

I'm planning to apply to Georgia and the PA campus. I noticed they have the same questions on the AACOMAS. One of the questions is "Use this space to identify any discrepancies". Do you guys think it's acceptable to copy/paste my response to this question for both schools?

(The other question is campus specific, so there I will certainly address the specific school!)

Hello:

I'm planning to apply to Georgia and the PA campus. I noticed they have the same questions on the AACOMAS. One of the questions is "Use this space to identify any discrepancies". Do you guys think it's acceptable to copy/paste my response to this question for both schools?

(The other question is campus specific, so there I will certainly address the specific school!)

Nah. Its not a red flag to cast a wide net. ADCOMs for each school are separate. They do not care.

Dont get me wrong, I am beyond grateful to be accepted to the first class in Moultrie, and I am excited to be a part of a small group of students. I am a little worried though, as I have lived my whole life in big cities. I have also been hearing some bad stuff from the Suwannee campus lately, and would like to know how the new campus will be run.
Private message me, I’m coming to Moultrie too!

Accepted from waitlist for Suwanee campus on 06/13/19!
3.13 ugpa
3.09 sgpa
506 most recent MCAT
3 years post-undergrad lab experience, one poster presentation, 4500 scribe hours.

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted from waitlist for Suwanee campus on 06/13/19!
3.13 ugpa
3.09 sgpa
506 most recent MCAT
3 years post-undergrad lab experience, one poster presentation, 4500 scribe hours.
Congratulations!!! You just find out through the mail

Congratulations!!! You just find out through the mail

Thanks!

I found out by email. They sent a PDF of the acceptance letter that will be in the acceptance packet. I actually still haven't gotten my acceptance packet yet because I moved two days before they sent it

Thanks!

I found out by email. They sent a PDF of the acceptance letter that will be in the acceptance packet. I actually still haven't gotten my acceptance packet yet because I moved two days before they sent it

Did your portal change too?

Would anyone be interested in renting out a room in a house that is 10-15 minutes away from the school (Suwanee campus)? Private message me for more info.

Members don't see this ad :)
Goodmorning, are any accepted students participating in the Tissue Program?

Can anyone upload last year's book and supply requirements? Also a class schedule (noted it will probably change) would be cool.
Don't worry about books yet. Unless you absolutely require hard copies, there is access to all of your books digitally (either through the Library or through our drive we will share with students).
Supply list just went up on the FB page. You can DM for a copy of the class schedule depending on what you're looking for.

EDIT: The only hard copies that a lot of folks (including myself) recommend getting are First Aid and Pathoma.

Last edited:

I’d recommend getting a netter’s atlas, the grant’s dissector (what the lab quizzes are based on), and I only used the online version of the textbook (expensive af) for SPOM to “read” along with PowerPoint lectures. These were like the golden 3 things everyone used for 1st term.

Just got pulled off the waitlist for South GA but will be declining my seat, Stats: 497 MCAT (121 Cars) and 3.92 cgpa/3.91 sgpa, good luck to those on the waitlist!

Reactions: 2 users
GUYS JUST GOT OFF THE WAIT LIST! Stats MCAT-502 GPA 3.81, SGPA 3.78

Reactions: 5 users
Just got pulled off the waitlist for South GA but will be declining my seat, Stats: 497 MCAT (121 Cars) and 3.92 cgpa/3.91 sgpa, good luck to those on the waitlist!

Sorry, I’ve seen you on this forum a lot but I think we’ll be attending the same school! I turned down my pcom acceptance as well.

I feel like we
Sorry, I’ve seen you on this forum a lot but I think we’ll be attending the same school! I turned down my pcom acceptance as well.

I am also considering turning down my pcom acceptance. Are you guys going to another DO school?

If possible can any 3rd or 4th years PM me, I want to ask a couple of questions for the coming years and how exactly to be ready. I am not a gunner, I promise!

If possible can any 3rd or 4th years PM me, I want to ask a couple of questions for the coming years and how exactly to be ready. I am not a gunner, I promise!
3rd year here. Its not letting me PM you. just DM me whenever you see this.

Dont get me wrong, I am beyond grateful to be accepted to the first class in Moultrie, and I am excited to be a part of a small group of students. I am a little worried though, as I have lived my whole life in big cities. I have also been hearing some bad stuff from the Suwannee campus lately, and would like to know how the new campus will be run.

Hi I am also going to the South Ga campus and I am actually from Moultrie Ga where the school is. Just from my view point of course there will be a change because you are use to bigger cities and Moultrie is completely different. I believe the environment is perfect for focusing as we will have to do. This new campus will be what the FIRST 55 students make it. We have the ball in our court and will be able to make the environment how we want it to be. There will always be bad things said about different schools because everyone is different and prefers things to be ran a certain way. We are the first class so yes, we will have to go through the different twist and turns that come along with it being a new campus, but we have to start the reviews for our campus off as great as possible because ultimately no one will ever know it like the "First Class" Plus PCOM overall is of course very established so I am sure how it is ran will be on the same basis as the other two campuses, plus some perks because we have a fairly small class :) please Message me if you have any other questions about the area etc since I am a resident and we are classmates!

Is anybody still on the waitlist trying to get in this term?

Accepted off the waitlist for South Georgia this week via email. Chose not to attend and will be declining the offer. Hope it goes to one of you who are still waiting!

Got accepted off the WL but declined the acceptance. Best of luck everyone!

Accepted off the wait-list! Declined today. Hope someone gets the spot!!

@Drmom96 Already put a deposit down for another and signed a lease.

Hi, did anyone get in with a low mcat subsection score but good GPA? trying to decide if i should apply or not bc I have a low CARS, ESL student but not underrepresented or anything. Please PM me if you guys get a chance! Thanks in advance!

Hi, did anyone get in with a low mcat subsection score but good GPA? trying to decide if i should apply or not bc I have a low CARS, ESL student but not underrepresented or anything. Please PM me if you guys get a chance! Thanks in advance!
I got in with a 121 cars so I’d def apply to the sga and ga campus, I also am ORM who isn’t ESL so you’d prob have a better shot.

For those of you who were accepted off the waitlist, did they reach out to you through email or phone call? And were any changes made to your portal?

What is it like living in Moultrie? I drove from Atlanta and it seems pretty sparse out here..

What is it like living in Moultrie? I drove from Atlanta, and it seems pretty sparse out here..
Uhm, it is an interesting area. There are normal stores there like Walmart, Publix, and even a starbucks. Not too many distractions unless you want to go out of your way. 45 min away is nightlife in Thomasville. It will not take to much time to adjust if you were the party type in college, then you will be bored; if not, you are fine.