2018-2019 Duke University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I called the school and they said all acceptances have gone out, so later today we will hear back as to whether we have been rejected/WL

So did all accepted people receive an official e-mail?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't see anything on my portal yet..so I'm guessing not everyone's have changed

Reactions: 1 user
So portal change for all accepted folks?

Accepted via phone call last Friday, saw the portal change just now. Best of luck to everyone who's still waiting.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is it safe to assume if our portal hasn't changed and we didn't get a call that we've been rejected?

Just waitlisted via email, no portal change. Do we need to do anything to confirm WL spot?

Waitlisted; email received just now. Portal still hasn't updated though.

Received WL email 15 min ago, still no change in portal. Seems like no one ever gets in off the waitlist so that’s a bummer, but thx for the ride Duke. (interviewed mid-Jan)

Last edited:
Has anyone gotten the acceptance email yet? Also, is the portal change for acceptances just the notice at the top indicating you've been accepted or are there new tabs that I'm missing?

Has anyone gotten the acceptance email yet? Also, is the portal change for acceptances just the notice at the top indicating you've been accepted or are there new tabs that I'm missing?
I still have no email, and also only have the message at the top indicating acceptance but nothing else.

15 II, 5 acceptances, including Duke?

Share your secrets man!

still in limbo.. holding onto the chance that they forgot to call to accept me

Also waitlisted. Do they reject anybody post interview or just waitlist?

I’m keeping my hopes up! I remember from interview day that they said last year they had a higher yield than anticipated (~130 students accepted spots when the class size is normally around 115). Im thinking this might mean they were more conservative with acceptances this year and might turn to the waitlist more!

WL and interviewed in October. Sounds like there's not much to do but wait and hope at this point, derp.

Also waitlisted. Do they reject anybody post interview or just waitlist?

I’m keeping my hopes up! I remember from interview day that they said last year they had a higher yield than anticipated (~130 students accepted spots when the class size is normally around 115). Im thinking this might mean they were more conservative with acceptances this year and might turn to the waitlist more!
seems to me like everyone is on the waitlist if they aren’t outright accepted

just the notice at the top. eagerly awaiting email haha i keep refreshing my browser every 5 minutes

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah idk, I think people get rejected. Everyone else seems to have gotten waitlisted recently around the same time, but I haven't heard anything yet. I am assuming a rejection
i stand corrected! although, I hope you guys just get hit with a second wave of WLs!

ughhhh just want my closure email so I can move on with life lol

R, thankful for the closure!! GL everyone. We will all be doctors :)

Reactions: 1 users
Alas, post II rejected as well, interviewed on their last interview day. Good luck to everyone else!

So has duke historically hasnt given many acceptances from the waitlist? any waitlist movement probably wont be until late april right?

So has duke historically hasnt given many acceptances from the waitlist? any waitlist movement probably wont be until late april right?
My understanding is that it's historically a soft R. Duke typically has a high yield.

Edited to add: but with the new traffic rules this year who knows how conservative they're being with the acceptances and waitlists so far

they lied about that email lol. second look tickets are going to be priceyyyy :(

R today via email. Congrats to all those accepted!

So I got the acceptance email but no second look information. Is everyone else in the same boat?