2017-2018 Wright State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
does anyone have the inside scoop of about how many people are in each tier?????

8 people posted bottom tier already. I'm guessing anywhere from 30-50 people per tier.

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed early Feb and was waitlisted with no 'highly recommended' letter. just received my placement in the top 1/3. post marked 4/4 and got it a couple days back out here in California

Reactions: 2 users
I interviewed early Feb and was waitlisted with no 'highly recommended' letter. just received my placement in the top 1/3. post marked 4/4 and got it a couple days back out here in California

You're gonna make it!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got off the alternative list!! I was placed on waitlist first and moved to alternative list this Monday. Person I talked to said they have fast turnover this year!

Just got off the alternative list!! I was placed on waitlist first and moved to alternative list this Monday. Person I talked to said they have fast turnover this year!

Congrats! Were you ranked very high or top third?

Reactions: 1 user
Whats the alternative list? You sure youre on the right thread??

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

As far as I understand, everyone from wait-list gets moved to alternative list after every spot for this yer is taken. So that's why I was moved to alternative list, but I assume that someone withdrew their acceptance offer? I was on the top third :)

As far as I understand, everyone from wait-list gets moved to alternative list after every spot for this yer is taken. So that's why I was moved to alternative list, but I assume that someone withdrew their acceptance offer? I was on the top third :)

So did you get accepted?? Your wording threw me off a bit

I got a call today offering acceptance! I was in the top third.

Reactions: 4 users
For those of you who have already withdrawn here, did you just email Dr. LeRoy to do so?

For everyone else, about to withdraw my acceptance here haha, so good luck!! Hoping it goes to one of you!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yay congratulations!! Same story for me.
Originally waitlisted top 1/3 and was mailed a handwritten letter of encouragement from a current student. Less than a week later from getting top 1/3 mail, I got a call offering acceptance!! Quick turnaround and best of luck to everyone else waiting!

Also—has anyone shared the Facebook group for the class of 2022? I can’t find it when I search

Anyone doing the pre-matriculation program? If so, what are your plans for housing?

Also hoping to do the prematriculation program. I applied but have not heard anything about it yet. Have you?

Applying next cycle but figured I would get some opinion here.

Is this school worth throwing an app at for a low-stat, OOS applicant? (3.2 cGPA, 3.9 pbGPA, 510 MCAT, MA resident, great ECs).
Not sure whether this school rewards reinvention, is open to a Mass resident, or has a lot of regional bias.

Applying next cycle but figured I would get some opinion here.

Is this school worth throwing an app at for a low-stat, OOS applicant? (3.2 cGPA, 3.9 pbGPA, 510 MCAT, MA resident, great ECs).
Not sure whether this school rewards reinvention, is open to a Mass resident, or has a lot of regional bias.

Theyre big on community involvement/helping the underserved, so if your app is centered around that, I think its worth it

Theyre big on community involvement/helping the underserved, so if your app is centered around that, I think its worth it

Cool - thank you. I will probably give it a go. I know they have a low OOS yield (percentage wise). Does the school have regional bias? I would be applying as an MA resident.

Im not too sure about that. MSAR shows where they accept students from, state wise.

True, but MSAR doesn't provide quantitative distribution of OOS acceptances. e.g. if there was 1 versus 15 students accepted from MA.

ACCEPTED!!! I got a call yesterday around 12:30. I was at the top 1/3 of the wait list. The lady stated that the acceptance packets will be mailed out today. I will be accepting this spot.

Reactions: 6 users
Just got the call that I’m accepted off the waitlist! Very excited but not sure if I am going to accept or not.

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know the first day of orientation/the first day you have to show up to school? Just trying to get all the dates for my waitlisted schools. Thanks!

7/8 is the white coat ceremony and orientation starts the Friday before.

I am late posting the news, but I got the call this past Tuesday and have been accepted. This is my first acceptance and I am stoked! I am OOS in Tennessee. I was top 1/3 of list.

Reactions: 1 users
I got the packet in the mail yesterday

Hi all, I don't really post but I had to let everyone know that they are now officially in the middle third as I was accepted just a few moments ago! Best of luck to all still waiting!

Reactions: 11 users
I don't suppose their quick movement through the waitlist would mean they'd reach the bottom third tier, would it?

I don't suppose their quick movement through the waitlist would mean they'd reach the bottom third tier, would it?

Probably, but only the top quarter/half of bottom tier will get an acceptance.