2017-2018 Wright State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got mail and had a letter placing me in the middle third of the wait list
Where do you live (i.e. Ohio, Michigan, Indiana etc.)? Didn't receive anything in the mail but trying to gauge when to expect it.

Members don't see this ad.

Where do you live (i.e. Ohio, Michigan, Indiana etc.)? Didn't receive anything in the mail but trying to gauge when to expect it.
I also got mine in the mail today, but only live about 45 minutes away. Hope that helps!

Reactions: 1 user
I was told WL tier letter would come in May. I live in Northeast Ohio, about 3 hours away

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I was told waitlist-position emails don't come out until May (here's hoping for an earlier release though) and they're sent via snail mail unfortunately.

Hopefully at least the acceptance off-WL positions are told via email in addition to mail..

just got my position on the waitlist. I’m in the Middle third.. no clue what my chances are... ahhh this is terrible

edit: I’m from northwest ohio like 2 hours away.

Accepted today by snail mail. Letter was dated 4/3 and it took a few days to get out to Montana. Interviewed at the end of January and got the double letter about being placed on the waitlist and being very high on the waitlist in March (I think). I will be declining and going to another school closer to home so best of luck to all of you.

Reactions: 5 users
What tier were ya put in and did you have the extra letter when your decision came?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I got middle tier and did not get the extra letter. Emailed today to be taken off though because I have been accepted elsewhere. Good luck to everyone waiting!!

Reactions: 5 users
Did you all get letters for WL to your permanent addresses?

Just got an acceptance off the waitlist :) Snail Mail postmarked 4/3

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got the answer to my own question lol. Yesterday I got the letter placing me in the top third.

Reactions: 2 users
Bottom third of alternate list, should have just rejected me post interview, would have been less painful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bottom third, might have well rejected me sooner. Good luck to the rest of you.

Did anyone make top third that did not receive the "ranked high on the waitlist" letter?

Does anyone know if you get accepted off the waitlist, do they email or call you, or do you have to wait for a random letter so show up in the mail?

Does anyone know if you get accepted off the waitlist, do they email or call you, or do you have to wait for a random letter so show up in the mail?

From looking at previous years they definitely do not mail a letter if they pull you off the waitlist.

Bottom 3rd, IS, interviewed back in September, got the letter today! Sucks! I am above average on the stats and had thought the interview went well but oh well. Also the letter went to my permanent address not preferred!

Last edited:
From looking at previous years they definitely do not mail a letter if they pull you off the waitlist.

When I spoke with them, they said they will call or email, and that you have to respond within 24 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Just got home to check the mail and am in the top third. This wait though .

Placed in bottom third. Pretty sure my chances here are shot :( goodluck to all waiting to hear!

OOS, interviewed in early February. Still haven’t gotten my waitlist position letter. Is this the case for other people as well?

OOS, interviewed in early February. Still haven’t gotten my waitlist position letter. Is this the case for other people as well?

Haven't gotten my waitlist position either.. it's first class mail so we'll probably hear back on Monday.

They also mailed out their waitlist letters in batches in previous years.
Yeah, seems to be completely random too. At least with this first batch, its random in order (people from September interviews and January/February getting their position letters) as well as decision (all three tiers and some acceptances as well).

So essentially if you got the “your high on our waitlist” additional letter you are getting straight up accepted (more likely) or top 1/3.

I’m going to say this to give people, whom are bleak on their position if already given it, some hope. I know a handful of people whom were accepted and have no intention on attending still holding positions, or have recently within the past few days given up those positions (at dates after this first batch was sent out). So hang in their and expect a decent amount of movement!

Reactions: 4 users
Yeah, seems to be completely random too. At least with this first batch, its random in order (people from September interviews and January/February getting their position letters) as well as decision (all three tiers and some acceptances as well).

So essentially if you got the “your high on our waitlist” additional letter you are getting straight up accepted (more likely) or top 1/3.

I’m going to say this to give people, whom are bleak on their position if already given it, some hope. I know a handful of people whom were accepted and have no intention on attending still holding positions, or have recently within the past few days given up those positions (at dates after this first batch was sent out). So hang in their and expect a decent amount of movement!

Fingers crossed!!

What timeframe should we expect the most movement? First week of May after the April 30 purge date? Im trying to get a general idea of when the movement will most likely occur

What timeframe should we expect the most movement? First week of May after the April 30 purge date? Im trying to get a general idea of when the movement will most likely occur
Beginning of May since it seems they have their WL handled.

Gotta love it, bottom 1/3 of the waitlist. Guess I get to start prepping for my reapply a little earlier than expected.

Gotta love it, bottom 1/3 of the waitlist. Guess I get to start prepping for my reapply a little earlier than expected.

Feels like there are lot more people reporting bottom 1/3 of the waitlist this year...

they might end up pulling people from the buttom third....u never know..

I wish they told you where you were in your tier. Who knows if being in the middle is even better than being in the bottom. There could be a couple hundred in the middle

Also got bottom third... good luck to everyone else!

I wish they told you where you were in your tier. Who knows if being in the middle is even better than being in the bottom. There could be a couple hundred in the middle

At least in the middle you know you're at least above 1/3 of the people on the waitlist lol... In the bottom you don't know how deep the hole goes.

mels-hole2-570x300.jpg

At least in the middle you know you're at least above 1/3 of the people on the waitlist lol... In the bottom you don't know how deep the hole goes.

mels-hole2-570x300.jpg
I'm dead... That's me at the bottom of that hole looking up.

Reactions: 4 users
Middle third...in order words the waitlist of the waitlist??

joining the bottom third train :(:(